Weekly Set Review: Catapult Crusher

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

A great set, I had it and I liked it.
8/10.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

About the only thing I like about this catapult is the use of the larger round pice for ammunition. The rest is too bulky, too much a mish-mosh of odd parts, and one forlorn minifig.

5/10.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I have this set. The catapult was decent, it came with a great weapons assortment, those ever-useful brown wheels, and a more-than-useful fig. Playability was limited. One guy wasn't much use by himself, but it was a more than decent set.

Parts: 9/10
Figs/Accessories: 8/10
Design (then): 7/10
Design (now): 8/10

Overall Score: 8/10
Jyp
Peasant

Post by Jyp »

This is one of the many Lego catapults : not a historical design, but I like this funny design and the playability.
A good set for the ones who like Bulls.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Not really anything exciting about this one as a set. I do like some of the pieces a lot, though; particularly the inverted 1x5 arches.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This is an average set. I like the minifigure, accessories, and bricks that the set contained. The large wooden wheels seemed more realistic for a catapult when compared to cart wheels.

The set function was not great but it did work better than the trebuchet from set 6059. I also dislike the one piece catapult arm and I am a big fan of brick built arms like the one in 6030.

Ben E.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The most remarkable thing about this set is its number: 6032. That's exactly the number a catapult ought to have, if the Catapult 6030 set the benchmark. Most KK1 sets don't have appropriate numbers.
Of course this Catapult Crusher is not half as good as 6030 was. I only like the grey 2x2 round bricks, and the black inverted half arches may have their use, too.

Bye
Jojo

Silent Arrow
Villein

Post by Silent Arrow »

.... The design of this set is disappointing, you think that it is an amateur's work.... The selection of the colors is bad as well.......
The set function was not great but it did work better than the trebuchet from set 6059. I also dislike the one piece catapult arm and I am a big fan of brick built arms like the one in 6030
The architect is totally right...........
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

This set has a terrible design, but it has a great assortment of pieces. It has those weapons, that guy, and those wheels. Not to bad a set. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I have one of these. The set seemed quite plausible at the time, and the fig, weapons, and wheels were quite useful. The Ice-cream scooper didn't come in very handy, but I want some more of those figs. A 7/10 for parts, 4/10 compared to other catapult sets.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Do someone understand the choice of color ? I don't. It seem to be a bad habit in recent Lego set to mix 4 or more color to make a simple thing. Why do this catapult need to have at the same time red, light gray, black, and dark gray ? I don't understand.

In 6030 the catapult was black and the wheels were light gray. Maybe James from Lego would say that it was dull colors, but I'm not agree. The color choice was nice and effective in 6030.

6032 is ugly in term of color. I hate nonsense things. It look exactly like the things I build when I don't have the colors I want.
4/10
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

David Girard wrote:Do someone understand the choice of color ? I don't. It seem to be a bad habit in recent Lego set to mix 4 or more color to make a simple thing. Why do this catapult need to have at the same time red, light gray, black, and dark gray ? I don't understand.

In 6030 the catapult was black and the wheels were light gray. Maybe James from Lego would say that it was dull colors, but I'm not agree. The color choice was nice and effective in 6030.

6032 is ugly in term of color. I hate nonsense things. It look exactly like the things I build when I don't have the colors I want.
4/10
I don't agree with their reasoning, but I think I understand it. If I guess right, TLC puts so many colours in a set to make it look more colourful, in other words, more 'appealing', at least to younger buyers. Personally, I think that they could create an even better-looking, and possibly more 'colourful' version using just two, contrasting colours. And while I'd like useful building colours, like brown, black, or grey, I would take blue and red even. Just give me something to build up a collection with.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I'm totally agree with you Formadencil. That's about what I try to say. You can create really appealing things with not much color. 6085 is a good example.

You can make nice things with a lot of color too, but when they are place in a logical way. 6060 is a good example.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Overpriced, one of the only kk1 I don't have. 5/10 Not the best, poor design, but I am leniet towards all sets. :(
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

A fairly disappointing set. The catapult is okay, but it's design and fig are not anything to write home about.