Another Viking building

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

I don't think so. These Viking buildings are simply unique in style and quality. A LEGO-version would be just another flimsy Big-Box-Little-Parts-thing.

Please, don't stone me...it is only a personal opinion. I simply don,t like the too much minimised LEGO-sets.. 8)
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Legomaat wrote:I don't think so. These Viking buildings are simply unique in style and quality. A LEGO-version would be just another flimsy Big-Box-Little-Parts-thing.

Please, don't stone me...it is only a personal opinion. I simply don,t like the too much minimised LEGO-sets.. 8)
Well, the minifigs would be cool.... i'd hope
Just dreaming :oops:

Well we can always trust that lego will be stingy with pieces... thats a constant now -a- daze :cry:
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

The first thing that came to my mind was "What in the name a sense is that part?!". :D I studied it a little and realized that it was a bunch of chairs! It would be very nice to see how you did it, 'cause I can't figure that out.

On the whole village, wow! Same as Will, that's all I can say.
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

I think some Viking sets by TLC would be cool, and very possible, maybe not stave churches and all, but at least the figs (as mentioned before), and a ship would be appealing to everyone. And buildings aren't really vital to every theme anyway, they could be left out in case TLC finds those too expensive.

It's been too dark here today for good pictures, but I realized a clue to the chair construction is also visible on this picture :)
Whatever you do, don't.
verneer
Serf

Post by verneer »

I just looked at your viking village and it's amazing! The details, the realism, and the general vision are insiprational. If I was around my pieces right now I would take some time and build :)

-- Pawel
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Great village. I have found you secret and I'll tell.
You use brown chairs and unite with those "wooden" pieces and another one.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

This is incredible! How did you do the roof? Why do you have so many brown chairs? :D Great work. I'm envious of the whole project.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

Luís wrote:Great village. I have found you secret and I'll tell.
You use brown chairs and unite with those "wooden" pieces and another one.
Yeah, it's like this;
chair, log, plate.
<Shift to next stud>
chair, log, plate.
<Shift to next stud>
etc.

Turn it upside down, and voila. There's a little problem with the borders since there are no 2x1 chairs, so that unfinished edge must be covered up somehow (i used overlapping 4x2 and 1x2 slopes double @ that house, with the stave church i just made a pyramid of chairs, and i was lucky enough to have the angle of the pyramid match the angle of the roof it's under.)

As for the chairs, like i said earlier on, it was in a pick a brick bin, all the chairs together costed me less than 5 bucks. It's times like these you realize what else to do with that seemingly 'useless' part you suddenly got a couple hundred of... so don't be jealous of the chairs in particulair, see if you can get a specific part in a bulk amount and invent your own alternative application like i did :D
Whatever you do, don't.