Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organized)

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Karalora
Journeyman

Re: Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organiz

Post by Karalora »

I know we've been letting this thread slide lately, but yesterday I had some downtime at work and came up with some more ideas for my personal wishlist. Before I send the updates on to Athos, would anyone else like to weigh in? Make sure to check against the master list on the front page!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

TnB is reporting the list for the Simpsons, I'm not sure it will make any difference to the master list, but here it is:

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-the-simpson ... -revealed/

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Athos has kindly updated the front page with the current version of the list, including Series 12 entries. Time to get those greedy imaginations working again!
RedBrick
Freeman

Post by RedBrick »

I don't think these have been made yet. Would be fun though:

Albert Einstein (please with tongue sticking out! :lol: )

Escaped Prisoner (beagle-boys-style, with some $-bills and a piece of the prison window with some broken out bricks)

Movie Director (perhaps Peter Jackson, would suit to the licensed themes :) )

Charlie Chaplin (monocrome of course!)
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

Here are my top 10 I would like to see made:

1. A modern or 20th-century era soldier. I don't think Lego has ever made an official one and I would love to see the parts they could come up with for that.

2. A bishop/priest type mini figure similar to the Santa figure that Athos suggested.

3. A modern fighter pilot. The helmet would be just awesome.

4. An electrician or plumber. Both could look stressed and be quite humorous.

5. A Canadian Mounty.

6. Norse, Egyptian, or other historical cultures' gods.

7. Swiss pikemen.

8. German Landsknecht.

9. A surgeon or other doctor.

10. Environmentalist.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Just FYI, AardWolf, we had a Surgeon in Series 6, and a Plumber in Series 9. I will add the other new suggestions to the list and re-post at a future date!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

A few ideas:

Space Medic - White space armor with red "+" symbol and a first aid kit.
Comic Book Fan - possibly using a fictitious comic book and t-shirt based on a LEGO theme. (Galaxy Squad, Monster Hunters, etc)
Catperson - Using the tail from Scratchy (simpsons line) a new cat-ears hairpiece. (EDIT: Seems to be in Series 14)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I still want "Zorro" on the list as "Zorro", not as whatever the editor put him on there as. Only the name Zorro instantly brings to mind Black suit, black hat, black mask, and black cape, with the swashbuckler's sword. Obviously they wouldn't call him Zorro, but at least lego would understand who I'm referring to. (Maybe some day there will be a new Zorro movie licensed by lego - but after Lone Ranger, maybe not!)
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

That would be me, Kev. Hi!

Whenever someone suggests a named person or character, I always include the name along with a more generic designation, for the very reason that LEGO uses generic names even for recognizable characters (e.g. Sherlock Holmes-->Detective).

But I heartily sympathize with your desire for the iconic Zorro look, so I have re-introduced him to the "Still Waiting" list along with the generic designation "Mexican swashbuckler."
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

Karalora wrote:Just FYI, AardWolf, we had a Surgeon in Series 6, and a Plumber in Series 9. I will add the other new suggestions to the list and re-post at a future date!
So we did! Haha I just checked the dates of those series' releases and realized I was on assignment and in training for them. Should've done my homework and caught up! :oops:
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

Karalora wrote:That would be me, Kev. Hi!

Whenever someone suggests a named person or character, I always include the name along with a more generic designation, for the very reason that LEGO uses generic names even for recognizable characters (e.g. Sherlock Holmes-->Detective).

But I heartily sympathize with your desire for the iconic Zorro look, so I have re-introduced him to the "Still Waiting" list along with the generic designation "Mexican swashbuckler."
What list is this? I still don't see him on page 1 or 15.

Also, you always used "Lone Ranger" on the list! What is the difference between naming him and naming Zorro? A bandit all in black that looks exactly like Zorro would not have to be Mexican, after all.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I mean the version of the list I always keep current on my computer and submit to Athos periodically so he can update the thread. I find that each update prompts a new wave of suggestions, which is great, but it does mean that if I re-submitted it every time I edited, it would make a neverending stream of work for Athos.

And for the record, I put him on the list as "Mexican swashbuckler/Zorro." See? I totally named him. I just included a generic designation as well, which I always do. Perhaps "Lone Ranger" was a rare exception because I couldn't think of a good enough generic. "Masked cowboy," maybe? Either way, there's no need to get upset (if indeed you are--it can be hard to read tone over the Internet). Maintaining this list is my pet project for Classic-Castle and I'm dedicated to that tricky balance between being comprehensive and staying streamlined.

In the past we've talked some about subdividing the list into different categories to make it easier for people to figure out whether a given idea has been suggested yet. If we end up doing that, maybe one of the categories could be Historical Figures and Named Characters, for those super-specific and iconic individuals who can't properly be summed up any other way.

Also, this raises an interesting question for everyone paying attention: Should I move the Lone Ranger to the "Fulfilled" list? It doesn't get much more fulfilled than the actual named character. But on the other hand, some people might be holding out hope for a yellow version rather than the fleshie monstrosity* we wound up with.

*Monstrosity with respect to how horrible that movie was, not saying fleshies themselves are inherently monstrous.
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

Maybe you should just update your own initial post on page 1? You could either edit the list, or just cut/paste the new one over the old one to be faster periodically, rather than asking the mod to do it.

Also, I didn't see Zorro anywhere on the list for like a year after suggesting...
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

We originally did it that way, but this way the very first post in the thread displays the list so it's easy to find.

When did you first suggest him? I didn't start compiling the list until the thread had been active a while.
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

2012. page 10. These are pretty good! Almost half a great series right here!
Kev wrote:Zorro.

Sheik.

Uncle Sam.

Friar Tuck. (maybe same as Monk?)

British fox hunter/equestrian

Pioneer/Old West girl with bonnet.