Dear LEGO: Less faction-specific minifig parts

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Dear LEGO: Less faction-specific minifig parts

Post by Brickninja »

Something that I would love to see in LEGO castle minifigs is more torsos and shields that aren't emblazoned with an emblem. Examples would be some of the ones in the LOTR line, and in CMFs such as the Highlander, Hun, and others. It would open much more creativity for those who like to make Castle minifigs, not being restricted to a faction. I am fine with surcoats and tunics such as the one in the recent castle line that have colors but no emblem, but I just would like it if a greater majority of torsos and shields were printed without faction sigils, so they could be used for a number of different factions.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Dear LEGO: Less faction-specific minifig parts

Post by AK_Brickster »

Agreed, particularly on torsos. The generic chain mail torsos are incredibly useful and not nearly common enough.

Anything similar to the torsos like the ones in this group of soldiers would be welcome:
United Army of Garheim - Factions by AK_Brickster, on Flickr
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Hear, hear! I too would love to have more generic armours and tunics.
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

I agree and I would like to add, thank you for keeping the yellow off of the torsos. Flesh sharpie over yellow is sadly not an option for us.
Toilet paper goes over not under.
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

Unfortunately, I feel like the other way around is more often the problem. I've noticed licensed figs having giant neck patches of flesh that makes it awkward to use, even when the character in the actual movie has a small neck hole than that. It seems like LEGO is trying to troll yellow fans with that :(
Str0ngbad
Laborer

Post by Str0ngbad »

Trust me, it happens a lot both ways. CMFs are what make me sad most often but I'm well aware this is a big issue for you guys too. We could pitch it as encouraging extreme modesty. It should be a major taboo to show anything but your head or hands. :lol:
Toilet paper goes over not under.