Eastcairn Keep

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Eastcairn Keep

Post by friskywhiskers »

Eastcairn keep lies on a rock islet of the coast of Granovia. The only entrance is by a rickety plank perched between the mainland and the islet. The difficult entrance ensures the security of the keep during times of war. It serves as a lookout and safe haven.

So this has actually been complete for a while now, but I only just photographed it. This was really fun to build, though very part consuming. And before you all ask, no, there is no interior :wink: . Sorry, that's just not my style. If you want castles with full interiors check out my buddy soccerkid. :)
Last edited by friskywhiskers on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Re: Eastcairn Keep

Post by Brickninja »

Very good! I love the colors and detail, especially the stone and wood!
AardWolf
Apprentice

Post by AardWolf »

I'm a big fan of your combination of gently curving rocks and squarish stonework. Pair that with your rounded corners and that woodwork and you've got something unique and very pleasing to the eye. Great job!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Thanks Guys! I have a great idea for another MOC, but I just don;t have the heart to break this one quite yet... :(. The day has yet to come when I have the resources to have multiple complete MOCs at once, at least ones with the same motif and color scheme.
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Small castles/outposts are possibly my favorite subject matter in Castle MOCing, and this is a superb example of one. The castle itself has lots of excellent detailing, my favorite parts being the windows that use dark bley headlight bricks, and the wooden porch. Plus you provided an excellent land and water-scape to give the castle a home :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Post by LittleJohn »

Fantastic! :o I love how natural the rockwork looks and the little path at the back of the keep is a nice touch. Great roofs too :woo:
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Post by Graham Gidman »

Looove it! :wink: