Winter Jambalaya 2016 - Sign-up List

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
bronx
Foot Soldier

Winter Jambalaya 2016 - Sign-up List

Post by bronx »

Here's the story ...

A few people asked a few other people that asked a few more people about one of these. The chatter eventually got to me. And, well, it was asked if I'd host another.

I have been absent from the classic-castle class for a few semesters now, but figured I could run another. Let's get this going, shall we?

If you're wondering, "What's a Jambalaya?" Look no further than the below explanation on how it works:
- The host places LEGO items into a box and ships it to the following person on the participant list
- The recipient removes items for themselves and replaces them with items of equal or greater value before sending it to the next person
- The following recipient does the same, and this continues until all participants have made an exchange before returning the box to the originator
If this sounds interesting, or sounds fun, that is because it is.

However, before you go rushing to sign up, please read the following guidelines and rules that must all be adhered to and understood for participation.

1. You must be at least 16 years of age or older to participate.
- This issue is non-negotiable and I apologize for any young'ns this may exclude. Perhaps next year.

2. Contact me first if you have less than 20 forum posts, less than 5 positive Buy, Sell, Trade feedback transactions, or any negative feedback.
- If any of the above apply to you, contact me first via private message before signing up.

3. This is a Castle based exchange event.
- The parts you provide to the box should be usable for Castle-themed MOCs. It does not have to come straight from LEGO Castle sets, as Star Wars Jedi and Sith parts, as well as some Chima parts can make for interesting Castle personas, for example. But cockpits, motorcycles, car tires, jet packs and such have no place in this exchange.

4. Third-party accessories only.
- LEGO knock-offs and imitation bricks are strictly prohibited. BrickArms, BrickWarriors, BrickForge, CitizenBrick, etc. accessories -- helmets, weapons -- are permitted in moderation. Do not take all LEGO pieces and give a majority of third-party items in exchange.

5. No individual gifting.
- Do not place items in the box for someone down the line, rudely tempting others with things not intended for them. Personal exchanges are okay only if the recipient is directly after you.

6. Honor ...
- As mentioned earlier, exchanged parts should be of equal or greater value to the items you have removed for yourself. It is on your honor to ensure this.

7. ... And responsibility.
- Shipping costs, to include insurance and tracking, are your responsibility. Take this into account before signing up. Priority Mail (USPS) is highly recommended for its automatic inclusion of insurance and tracking, which is required for accountability of the box. If you ship via other methods, paying for the additional insurance and tracking still remains your responsibility.

8. Communication is critical.
- As with all solid relations, communication is a key factor. If you are expecting life to interrupt the progression of this Jambalaya for whatever reason, which is understandable and does occur when we least expect it to, simply inform us. With enough notice, your spot on the list can be rearranged to a more accommodating position. Without notice, it would be appreciated if time were still made to have it shipped within a week or two, at most. Circumstances aside, everyone should aim to make their exchanges and ship to the next person within a business week (five days). If you cannot, communicate that to us. We are an understanding community.

9. International participants are welcomed.
- If you are outside of the continental United States, do not hesitate to sign up. To prevent exorbitant shipping costs, due to the box size, something can and may be worked out, such as placing you first and shipping only your desired items while receiving your donations. This may lessen costs and expedite the overall Jambalaya. Suggestions on how to best handle this are welcomed.

10. Spoiler alert!?
- Spoilers are not only welcomed, they are encouraged to the point of being mandatory. Post photos of what you've taken and added back to the box. In this situation, not only can the photo build excitement for its arrival to the next person (as they may see something they like), but it holds each participant accountable for their exchanges among their peers within the community.

If you've read this far, you must clearly be interested. So without further ado, let's get to signing up. Please include your country (and state, if you so desire) when doing so.

The estimated start date will be Monday, November 14, 2016, once we have 9 additional participants. Once that number is reached, a further 5 more can join (for a total of 15 exchanges) even after we begin, up until the halfway point. This may also begin up to a week sooner depending on the amount of international participation.

The following post, which I apologize in advance for the double-post, will contain the sign-up list and eventual shipping order, and will be updated frequently to reflect the box's status once shipped.
bronx
Foot Soldier

Re: Winter Jambalaya 2016 - Sign-up List

Post by bronx »

Spring Jambalaya 2017 - Shipping Order

1. Bluesecrets -- SHIPPED (Fall) 09 MAR 2017 -- SHIPPED (Spring) 15 APR 2017
2. JCool -- SHIPPED (Fall) 15 MAR 2017 -- SHIPPED (Spring) 26 APR 2017
3. soccerkid6 -- SHIPPED (Fall) 24 MAR 2017 -- RECEIVED (Spring) 02 MAY 2017
4. Dog Ironbones -- SHIPPED (Fall) 03 APR 2017
5. bronx -- SHIPPED (Spring) 13 MAR 2017 -- SHIPPED (Fall) 26 APR 2017
6. ludzik -- SHIPPED (Spring) 23 MAR 2017 -- RECEIVED (Fall) 01 MAY 2017
7. Lil_Curt -- SHIPPED (Spring) 08 APR 2017
8. rbboy -- SHIPPED (Spring) 10 APR 2017
9. Bluesecrets

Box Status: BOTH BOXES SHIPPED

Please respect the privacy of others. Only share your address with the person shipping the box to you.

Once you have shipped the box, provide the tracking number to me via private message or post it within the thread.
Last edited by bronx on Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

You know this :wink: , but I am in.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

In - but we have to work on the timing - I'll be out of country mid Dec / beg of Jan
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

I am in again as well :)
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Count me in :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Dog Ironbones
Peasant

Post by Dog Ironbones »

Count me in. Count me in.
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

Give me all your loot!

I'm in.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Come on folks... We need three more!!!! I can't wait for this to get started !
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

It's been a while since I did one of these -- count me in!! :)
-Joe "Cool"
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

We're still a few warm bodies away from being able to start this. Where'd the bustling community go off to?

I'll let this go into the weekend, and then make the decision on possibly beginning without a full ten participants or extending the start date out. Stay tuned.
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

bronx wrote:We're still a few warm bodies away from being able to start this. Where'd the bustling community go off to?

I'll let this go into the weekend, and then make the decision on possibly beginning without a full ten participants or extending the start date out. Stay tuned.
I can go twice :) once before Dec 15 and once after Jan 7. Actuallybif allowed I want to go twice :)
bronx
Foot Soldier

Post by bronx »

If this were an event with over twenty-five participants, I could possibly see how going again in a second rotation might be cool or rewarding for everyone else.

However, with such a limited number of exchanges, going twice seems more detrimental than beneficial to the parts pool. So I am going to have to resolutely decline.
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

I resolutely accept your decline ;)
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

I just can't resist myself :)

https://youtu.be/mW1dbiD_zDk