Colossal Castle Contest 17

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Colossal Castle Contest 17

Post by architect »

[img]http://www.classic-castle.com/events/contes ... ontest.jpg[/img]

The Classic-Castle Admins are pleased to announce our seventeenth annual building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest XVII! Our contest begins on November 10th and ends on January 12th, 2020.

The contest is designed to offer building opportunities for castle fans with small and large collections of brick. You will find small categories such as vignettes and microscale and large categories such as the great wall category! We are looking for your most creative ideas and builds that stand out from the crowd.

Check out the [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/events/contes ... rizes.html]prizes[/url]. Classic Castle sets include Supply Cart, Catapult, Siege Cart, and Twin-Arm Launcher. The contest also has great new sets including Desert Attack, Forest Ambush, Target Practice, and Ice Dragon Attack. To top it off, this year's master builder will win the classic set that started it all in 1970, the rare Weetabix Castle! The contest is colossal!

Thank you to several anonymous donors and soccerkid for donating prizes for this contest. Please contact the admins if you are interested in donating to next year's CCC. The contest rules can be found [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/events/contes ... ntest.html]here[/url]. Enjoy!

Ask admins contest questions in this thread. It may take us a few days to respond to your question.
We will also need a week or so to prepare the online entry submission forms. Thank you.
Sheo
Gong Farmer

Re: Colossal Castle Contest 17

Post by Sheo »

The categories are great! I have a question though: which categories may contain fantasy elements and which should be strictly historical? There are mentions of fantasy in Epic Duel, Transformational Castle and Dragon Attack, but how about other categories? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Sheo wrote:The categories are great!
Thank you!
Sheo wrote:Which categories may contain fantasy elements and which should be strictly historical? There are mentions of fantasy in Epic Duel, Transformational Castle and Dragon Attack, but how about other categories? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.
1. Most categories can feature fantasy or realistic builds. However the following building categories should be realistic: Harvest Building, Medieval Construction, and Catapulted into Fame.
Sheo
Gong Farmer

Post by Sheo »

architect wrote:1. Most categories can feature fantasy or realistic builds. However the following building categories should be realistic: Harvest Building, Medieval Construction, and Catapulted into Fame.
Thank you!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Hooray!
Some very fun categories this year, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Looking forward to this, time to dust off ye olde bricks...
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Definitely looking forward to seeing what people come up with for this year - hopefully I'll get something built myself!
architect wrote:However the following building categories should be realistic: . . . Catapulted into Fame.
Is the intent for this category, then, that it be about a specific historical figure? As opposed to a legendary or extant fictional character, or a generic medieval archetype?
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I am going to let Architect field that question.

I am posting to give everyone a reminder. Your staff has busy lives. Mine is insane with currently 2 LUG shows coming within the next month, possibly a third. I always log in multiple times a day, but I don't always know the answer. Please be patient with us.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Will there be any allotments for over hang? For example if there is a tree that overhangs a corner of the MOC?
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Azaghal wrote:Definitely looking forward to seeing what people come up with for this year - hopefully I'll get something built myself!
architect wrote:However the following building categories should be realistic: . . . Catapulted into Fame.
Is the intent for this category, then, that it be about a specific historical figure? As opposed to a legendary or extant fictional character, or a generic medieval archetype?
2. No. It does not have to be a specific historical person, although it could be. For example one could build a moc about fictional King Arthur.
Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

Sweet! The categories are great this year! I'd better get building!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Lil_Curt wrote:Will there be any allotments for over hang? For example if there is a tree that overhangs a corner of the MOC?
Minimal overhang is allowed. Very minimal.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

valerius_maximus
Serf

Post by valerius_maximus »

I'm glad to see that the contest is finalized now. The categories look great!

I just tried clicking the "Submit an Entry" button, and there seems to be a problem with it. The link redirects to an 404 error page (at least for me).
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

valerius_maximus wrote:I just tried clicking the "Submit an Entry" button, and there seems to be a problem with it. The link redirects to an 404 error page (at least for me).
We do not have that page up and running yet. We understand that is a frustration. There are parts of the contest that each admin takes the role. The programming of the contest pages is often done within a week after it is announced. We will check in with that admin.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Sheo
Gong Farmer

Post by Sheo »

I'm still searching for good ideas, so please forgive me for another bunch of silly questions:
1. In the Dragon Attack category, does it have to be a peaceful settlement? May it be a battle encampment, or a castle, or a transport?
2. Aside from the Medieval Heraldry category, what are the restrictions on scale? Should it be minifigure scale, or may it be microscale, large scale, or mixed? In the Transformational Castle category, the prize is a beautiful microscale MOC, but what scale is expected from contest entries?
Thanks in advance!