Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

New Castle Torso with Falcon Red Cape from LEGO BAM

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Has anyone seen this new castle torso?

[url]https://imgur.com/rVC5svM[/url]

[url]https://imgur.com/tkEIbtm[/url]

Seems to be popping on my FB feed. I heard you could get them from the LEGO Build-A-Minifig PAB stores but I didnt find one at my local PAB.
"What a day for a knight... and a knight for a day!"
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Re: New Castle Torso with Falcon Red Cape from LEGO BAM

Post by jtooker »

I've heard mixed things, especially in the US. I've heard they came late here (vs. Europe) and I've also heard some stores only got small quantities which sold out right away.

The once chance I had to visit a store, they didn't have any.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Red isn't a colour I normal associate with Black Falcons, but a new castle torso is always welcome. I had known about these for a bit, but I think they sold out at my nearby Lego stores. I don't actually know, HAven't been to one in a long while.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Elephant Knight wrote:Red isn't a colour I normal associate with Black Falcons, but a new castle torso is always welcome. I had known about these for a bit, but I think they sold out at my nearby Lego stores. I don't actually know, HAven't been to one in a long while.

EKnight
Yes, red is traditionally not related to the Black Falcons. But I see this emblem is on the cape instead of the tunic itself. Perhaps LEGO is creating more variety or this torso is meant for Knights, rather than the standard soldier.

The Falcon crest does look similar to the new Black Falcon shield.

[url]https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/PN/86/38 ... iginal.png[/url]

Also, the Creator 31120 Medieval Castle set seems to display the red and white checkered banner

[url]https://img.bricklink.com/ItemImage/SN/0/31120-1.png[/url]

I'm not sure if all these are related but I leave that to your imagination! :)
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

jtooker wrote:I've heard mixed things, especially in the US. I've heard they came late here (vs. Europe) and I've also heard some stores only got small quantities which sold out right away.

The once chance I had to visit a store, they didn't have any.
Let's hope, more quantities will be produced and readily available for Castle fans. :wink:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Build-a-Fig station isn't really back yet at my "local" LEGO Store (Natick, Massachusetts, USA), but they have got preassembled figs in packets, and I was there last week. Someone on staff knows what the people want: one stack of the packets had three identical figs: light bley conical helms, generic heads, this torso, dark bley/black dual-injected pants, and the current Falcon shield as an accessory.

Naturally, that's what I walked out with.

The new torso is quite sharp, though it IS a bit harder to situate within my existing Falcon hierarchy. Possibly they'll be something like the Varangian guard (Vikings who served as bodyguards for the Byzantine emperors): elite Falcons in service to a foreign lord. Or perhaps THEY are the foreigners in service to the Falcon lord...
mrcp6d
Bailiff

Post by mrcp6d »

Some of the Texas stores have them, they've been found at least around both Houston and DFW. Also, the wizard that is in BAM now is really nice too!
FalconWolf
Serf

Post by FalconWolf »

I found some in the Lakewood, CO store. They were promptly dispatched to my original Knight’s Castle where they retook it from some red lions who were squatting. Of course they had help from some OG falcon knights and the new BAM wizard. https://flic.kr/p/2nPh52g