Save the Date: CCC XX

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Save the Date: CCC XX

Post by Bluesecrets »

Well look at that...we (me and the awesome team that helps me) are announcing a save the date! CCC XX is going to be unique. It's going to have some prizes that I would like myself. It's going to be pretty darn cool. And fun...don't forget the fun!

We are starting the advertising for it today. Trying to get everyone all excited and ready! Because the team is super excited.

Having said that...I want to give props to the team: JTooker, Ak-Brickters and Elephant Knight. They are the best! There will be a poster that will be flying around as our advert. JTooker made that. It's awesome.

Can you tell I'm all excited? If not...well I am! Sound the drums and trumpets!!! Celebration time!!!!! :D

Feel free to chatter and be excited in this thread. No we won't tell you any categories, but you may hear some prizes. 8)
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Re: Save the Date: CCC XX

Post by jtooker »

Last edited by jtooker on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Yay! I really enjoyed last year, so I really look forward to the categories and hope to have the time. Also, it's an inspiring prize, although I doubt I stand the chance to win it, haha.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
gid617
Freeman

Post by gid617 »

So cool to see excitement for CCC XX already. Really great to see how all out you guys are going, judging by the Master Builder prize! Looking forward to the categories and of course the builds!!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gid617/]Flickr[/url]
Kurojaki
Freeman

Post by Kurojaki »

Awesome! Looking forward to see all the great mocs. Personally might be too much away from home, but who knows maybe I can make time to enter some category.
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

Congratulations on 20 years! I always look forward to seeing the entries. I may do an entry or two this year, but I haven’t finished organizing all my legos yet! I’m scared to open the bins.
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Post by Bishons »

I don't think stand a chance!!
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
mrcp6d
Bailiff

Post by mrcp6d »

Very excited! If the donated prizes are anything like last year's the winners will be very pleased!

I really, really need to sort a whole bunch of bricks though... :?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

20 years is something special. We're trying to make it as special.

I always try to include and remember what it is like to be a new builder or someone with a small collection. I remember being intimidated to enter the CCC. So when we start planning and picking, I include that. We try not to repeat categories but when one was so fun and great from the past or it is something that can bring in builds because it is popular, we might repeat.

We are taking a pause on the customizing of minifigs for a couple of years. Not that it doesn't bring in awesome entries. It's...well it is hard to define what is customizing and that makes judging difficult. It is a goal that judging is done as quickly as possible. So for now, do not expect it to show up as a category.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bishons
Apprentice

Post by Bishons »

Bluesecrets wrote: I always try to include and remember what it is like to be a new builder or someone with a small collection.
Like me... I hope I'm good enough this year. I'm already building, even though I don't know the categories :roflol:
Bishons,

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Bishons wrote:
Bluesecrets wrote: I always try to include and remember what it is like to be a new builder or someone with a small collection.
Like me... I hope I'm good enough this year. I'm already building, even though I don't know the categories :roflol:
Just know this...when it comes to judging, if a build has been retro-fitted for a category, it kind is easy to see and it doesn't score well.

But enjoy your building. I wish I was inspired to be building right now.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bishons
Apprentice

Post by Bishons »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Bishons wrote:
Just know this...when it comes to judging, if a build has been retro-fitted for a category, it kind is easy to see and it doesn't score well.

But enjoy your building. I wish I was inspired to be building right now.

Yes, I did consider that but I just was experimenting irregular bases, and suddenly I found myself building up a castle! :D And I am lots of fun even if I don't get anything
Bishons,

TheKindCrusader
Gong Farmer

Post by TheKindCrusader »

This is so exciting! I am really looking forward to this! :)
I was only a spectator last year, but since then I gained many more bricks, so now I want to join the contest! :sly:
This is also my first post here! I have been active on IG for a few years now, but I feel like this forum brings people closer than IG posts, so I am really looking forward to meet this community! :mrgreen:
"All embrace me / It’s my time to rule at last / Fifteen years have I been waiting /To sit upon my throne"
Have a great day, and happy legoing!
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

TheKindCrusader wrote:now I want to join the contest!
Welcome! I look forward to seeing your builds.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

TheKindCrusader wrote:This is so exciting! I am really looking forward to this! :)
I was only a spectator last year, but since then I gained many more bricks, so now I want to join the contest! :sly:
This is also my first post here! I have been active on IG for a few years now, but I feel like this forum brings people closer than IG posts, so I am really looking forward to meet this community! :mrgreen:
Welcome to the gong farm! :lol:
It can be kind of quiet around here from time to time, but it's always exciting to be here during the CCC frenzy! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!