Second Chance for the Ideas Viking Village

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Roxanne
Serf

Re: Second Chance for the Ideas Viking Village

Post by Roxanne »

soccerkid6 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:43 pm I had a blast designing it, hope those of you who get one really enjoy the build process!
It felt super surreal to work on an official LEGO Castle product more than 10 years after joining this forum as a young castle fan :D
I also tried to make sure it's a great general medieval building parts pack for reuse in MOCs :wink:
Congrats on having your idea turned into an official Lego set!

I’m looking forward to building this, and I’m probably going to buy a second set just for the parts. :)
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Roxanne wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm Congrats on having your idea turned into an official Lego set!

I’m looking forward to building this, and I’m probably going to buy a second set just for the parts. :)
The Ideas submission was by Florian, aka BrickHammer, but I had the pleasure of being the LEGO Designer who got to to work on translating it into the final product.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

soccerkid6 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:42 pm
Roxanne wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm Congrats on having your idea turned into an official Lego set!

The Ideas submission was by Florian, aka BrickHammer, but I had the pleasure of being the LEGO Designer who got to to work on translating it into the final product.
I thought the design of the set seemed familiar in style. Nicely done on it.
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Roxanne
Serf

Post by Roxanne »

soccerkid6 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:42 pm

Ah, I misunderstood your role. I’m sorry for that.

Being a Lego designer must be an interesting job, although I’m sure it can be challenging at times.

My husband and I are going to a Heilung “ritual” (what they call their concerts) early next month. I’m sure I’ll really be in the mood for all things Viking after that!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

soccerkid6 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:43 pm I had a blast designing it, hope those of you who get one really enjoy the build process!
It felt super surreal to work on an official LEGO Castle product more than 10 years after joining this forum as a young castle fan :D
I also tried to make sure it's a great general medieval building parts pack for reuse in MOCs :wink:
I didn't know you were the designer who translated the original IDEA submission into a set! Great job, Mr. Soccerkid! :D
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!