Which official LEGO Castle set do you love most?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

6067 Guarded Inn

It was never available in the United States aside from Shop @ Home, and I wanted it as soon as I saw it in my 1989 Shop @ Home catalog, which was the first S@H catalog I ever had.

I saved up money to buy the Guarded Inn several times, but each time I was about to order it, I ended up getting something else instead, like Armor Shop and Battering Ram, or some Forestmen set, or whatever.

Eventually, it disappeared from the catalog.

Then it appeared in the catalog again, and I started saving up money to get one.

Then I entered my "dark age" and never placed the order.

Then it disappeared from the catalog permanently.

Last summer, I started using e-bay and one day I took a peek to see if anybody had a Guarded Inn for sale. I was surprised by how many lego auctions were on ebay. I was also surprised when I saw people selling "Legend Guarded Inns" and I was curious about that, so I checked out Lego's website and saw that Guarded Inn was re-released as a legend.

Guarded Inn was my first of many Lego purchases since then, and I think it is incredibly diverse, well designed, and playable for it's small size.

Best $25 lego set ever! (even better than 6066 Camouflaged Outpost)
Neverroads
Serf

Post by Neverroads »

My favourite LEGO set is the 6054 Forestmen's Hideout...

The look of the set is one of the most complete LEGO ever made... it has a front, a rear, a target to practice on and those great little green mifigs that "fly" from tree to tree... I can't help falling in love again everytime I pick my copy up.

Casper
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

King's Castle was and is Hands down the definitive castle set. 375 was nice and it will always be the first set I ever had, but it was yellow. Yellow does not a castle color make. 375 was the only real castle made with brick, so the wall panel problem is basically a non-issue. do I wish it had bricks and arches instead of panels? Yes, but wall panels did allow for the quick development of larger castle MOCS. Grey brick was hard to come by in the 80's, and still is to some degree. The wall panel does have ist uses. The 6085 had the same amout of figs and some nice unique design elements, but the 6080 have greater versatility. Wish I had 10 of these babies.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I have to say that one of my favorites is the "knight's castle" or set 6073. Next to that I really like the "siege tower." I don't know why but I never took to those rounded towers of the "Black falcon's fortress" or the "Battering ram"

Well there goes my first post.
Toombinator
Serf

Post by Toombinator »

I have barely any castle legos. I had Fire Breathing Fortress when I was like 3, but I smashed it and lost some pieces and the directions. Well, my friend has Knight's Castle, and it's pretty cool, but King's Casle looks awesome. I'm getting one soon.
dookie
Serf

Post by dookie »

Black Falcon's Fortress. Would like to get another one but I have to make way for a Graphire3 after a long delay.
I like Cup Ramen! What I like even more is the Ramen from the Ichiraku that Iruka Sensei bought me. What I dislike is waiting the three minutes for the Cup Ramen to cook. My hobby is eating lots of Cup Ramen!
- Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto ep. 4)
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

What castle set do I love most? Not some fancy, expencive castle set like you people with money, but the good ol' weapons cart. My first castle set. I dislike the mini-figs head, but stick on an Obi-won(The one with the brown beard?) and he is great! Tons of weapons, tons of playibility!
10/10 in my books!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Favorite castle set...hmmm...

For me it's a toss up between 6037  Witch's Windship, 6098  King Leo's Castle and 8770  Danju.......NOT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really I have no favorite...I always combined

6020 Magic Shop
6034 Black Monarch's Ghost
6038 Wolfpack Renegades
6040 Blacksmith Shop
6059 Knight's Stronghold
6062 Battering Ram
6074 Black Falcon's Fortress

when I was a kid to make a giant fortress. :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

I guess I have to stick with The Dugeon Master's Castle. I find that castle truly lives up to its name. As someone mentioned earlier four knights.....with armor.....

When I first got that castle I was 8, and to have crossbows, axes and colorful bardings was "an honor" to me. Now I have so many of them I couldn't care less. But there is something about that castle that truly creates a medEVIL atmosphere. Besides, it has everything one would want-a ghost (with its own home), a dungeon..a big one where everyone fits, towers, walls, gatehouse, backdoor etc.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

I like two castles

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

6086 Black Knight's Castle

One of the most interesting castle. Very unique. I love the knights and bardings too.
Sadly, I dont own one :(
Hope TLC will release it as a Legend.
:)

Erwin
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Well, lets see...I guess I like 6042 Dungeon Hunters and 6086 Black Knight's Castle the best. 6042 because it's a good allaround set; buy 10 or 15 of these, and you've got a company of fully armored knights, a nice amount of Forestmen, and the beginings of an army of spear-men. I like 6086 because I think it's one of the best castles. It has a nice amount of knights and horses (not to mention bardings), plenty of inverted 2x3 steep slopes for dealing with troublesome raised baseplates, and a fairly nice number of foot-soldiers and archers. It's also a nice size with a good amount of building peices; buy a couple of these, and you could build a good-size castle, complete with quarters.

Mr. D
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Ok one is an impossible mission for me
so here's my top10 (according to release):

1. 6080 - King's Castle
2. 6061 - Siege Tower
3. 6067 - Guarded Inn
4. 6074 - BF Fortress
5. 6041 - Armor Shop
6. 6062 - Battering Ram
7. 6066 - Camouflaged Outpost
8. 6054 - Forestmen's Hideout
9. 6090 - Royal Knight's Castle
10. 6044 - King's Carriage

And yeah for those who wanna kill me, 6086 is not my top10.
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

My fravorite castle set is 6034 Black Monarch's Ghost. I know it seems like an
unlikey pick, but the glow-in-the-dark ghost was really awsome when I was younger, (it still is :wink: ) and the knight is one of the best looking knights Lego has ever released. (It's better those stupid Power-Ranger knights coming in July :evil:. )

My second favorite castle set is 10000 Gaurded Inn. Great parts, great mini-figs and good playabity make this set a wonderful set to own.

I also like 6056 Dragon Wagon ans 6024 Bandit Ambush.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I'm gonna cheat and list my favorite 10.

6041 Armor Shop. A breezy open-air shop that adds a bit of flavor of medieval life to the normal non-stop conflict.

6054 Forestmen's Hideout. A front and back! Idunno, it just speaks to me of youth, treehouses, and adventure in a smartly realized little set.

6057 Sea Serpent. Hey, I have over 30 pirate ships - so I'm a sucker for anything with a sail. Packed with minifigs, a small but nicely medieval flavored ship for those aquatic assaults.

6061 Siege Tower. There are lots of catapults and other stone throwers, but little in the way of siege towers. Shameful neglect by Lego.

6062 Battering Ram. Mix and match this with 6061 and other modular castle stuff. I couldn't make up my mind and included this and the Siege Tower.

6066 Camouflaged Outpost: There is only one Robin Hood movie - and if it doesn't include Errol Flynn, you haven't seen it. Not my favorite Forestman set, but the one that stands alone best.

6067 Guarded Inn. Modular complete little tavern. I love it.

6071 Forestmen's Crossing. Yeah, it's a dopey little creak, but the mixing of water, trees, elevated walkways, and and hidden features just reminds me of Tom Sawyer's Island at Disneyland. Keep all the rides - that was my brother's and my favorite part of Disneyland when we were little kids. Alas, I no longer fit (and they are at long last renovating the whole island) but my son got to frolick there.

6074 Black Falcon's Fortress. I suppose that I could just as easily have put 6080 here - but 6074 has a little more personality.

6086 Black Knight's Castle. As a stand-alone piece, it's my favorite - so I suppose it is the real answer to the question.

Honorable Mention: 6089 Stone Tower Bridge, the best of the Ninja line. 6103 Castle Minifigs (the six figure version including pitchfork and peasant). 3739 Blacksmith Shop, which seems like a cheat since it isn't a Lego design, and is listed as a MOC and not Castle, so let me honor its excellence while holding it somewhat apart.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Small one(that I have) is: bull catapult(my bulls first one).
Medium(that I have):Bull's atack.
Great one(that I dont have): Kings Castle.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.