They're ok.
16%
They're GREAT!!!
78%

Total votes: 45

Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I was just commenting that TLC probably had LOTR and other "Castle-fantasy" fans in mind when they concocted that rubbish. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think they did a good job. And why would they imitate Power strangers? Do they just pick a random subject and model sets after it?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I liked the movies a lot.

I wouldn't have liked a LOTR licensed LEGO line. They gave us everything to build our own LOTR line, what several talented builders did. If we had a LOTR line now (based on the movies) we would get flesh coloured minifigs and buildings that were barely "buildings" but rather play scenes like in the Harry Potter line. How large would you expect that a LEGO set "Ortanc" would be for example?

No, I don't want to see ANY new licensed line. Back to imagination!

Bye
Jojo

The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Commander Redbeard wrote:I was just commenting that TLC probably had LOTR and other "Castle-fantasy" fans in mind when they concocted that rubbish. Don't get me wrong here, I don't think they did a good job. And why would they imitate Power strangers? Do they just pick a random subject and model sets after it?
I didn't intend to diminish your point, my response was tongue in cheek, like most of my life. Actually your point is well taken, and I think you're probably right. I brought up Power Farmers because they are popular, and are a Megablo--(no just can't bring myself to type the name) theme. Farmer was the only F word I could use as a boy, and still be able to eat solid food for a month...
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I have to say that I like a lot the films, but the question is do Lego could make LOTR sets.

My first choice would be that they non-licenced set as they done in the past (I think of 1984-1993 period). But due to lack or of imagination (or too much imagination !) and weird decisions, they made KK2. Instead of KK2 I would have prefer they mad LOTR sets. If Lego is no more able to make great sets by themselve, they are really good when they make licensed sets. HP and SW sets are really well done.

Between LOTR and KK2, I would prefer LOTR. But since they started KK2, we couldn't expect LOTR and the films are already released. So it can only be a dream... We have to live with KK2. :?
Ja_izzle
Apprentice

Post by Ja_izzle »

um, i agree with some of ya, i thought the movies were really good... not as good as the books, but still worth owning, also i do think LOTR sets would be worth it.... even if you don't like the movies, or you didn't like the sets they came out with (because) you had your own preconceived notion of what things should look like.... think of the wealth of possibilities that would come with a REAL castle line... the mocs would be great, and the animals...... nagzul... oliphauntsm they're worth it themselfs in my opinion.

Jason
Beware Avatre, Fire of the Dawn, for she swoops like golden fury from above.......

[url=http://www.neahkahnie.k12.or.us/~jasonw/homepage.htm][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blackjack ... rise12.jpg[/img][/url]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I'm agree with you the book were even better !
Oliphants and Nazgul could have been funny in Lego.
Abbot Lego
Gong Farmer

Post by Abbot Lego »

MaxiVisVires wrote:Though getting LOTR parts would be nice, I'd still oppose it. Just like it has been mentioned before, it's nice to see LOTR MOC's and customs and I think having a LEGO line of LOTR would take away from that.
In a situation like that, I just use the pieces of a line + my other legos to complete things. For example, my HP line, I mainly use the peices for things completely unrelated to HP.
Look!It's the rare and mysterious Legosaurus!
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

I say yes for reasons that i don't care for what they make...but a lot of cool parts and weapons and figs will come out of it.

We can use these bricks to make what we want, just like any other line or set.

I say go a head with it. It would be a Megablocks of a lot better then KK2.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Sir Galahad
Serf

Re: Would you really want LOTR LEGOs?

Post by Sir Galahad »

Man of Iron wrote:I am interested to see how many people really like the LOTR movies... Would kids really like LOTR figures? If they would then why didn't LEGO make some sets? :?
I personally did not enjoy the LOTR movies. :evil: As for making Lego sets from them, well I suppose it would be interesting to see what sets they could make out of it. I mean, most of sets I could think of them making would have to do with Helms Deep and Minas Tirith. Those two really give you the most opportunities, but there's only so much you can do.
“…they smote through their shields so that pieces of them fell off, and they broke their helms and the thick mails of their hauberks so that the blood ran out…”
-King Arthur and His Knights-
Sir Thomas Mallory