The Moorlands?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Sir Vincent
Steward

The Moorlands?

Post by Sir Vincent »

Dear LEGO,

Could you make Knights Kingdom sets of the Moorlands and the area where Vladek found the rare metal ore to make his armour? Maybe even a small $50 version of Vladeks fortress which borders the Moorlands?

-Sir Vincent-
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Hmm...

Neat idea to ask specific requests that actually fits what TLC is doing these days. Might just have to try it sometime. :wink:

Good ideas, though, and I can see sets fitting this description being interesting indeed.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Yeah, a new set in the Moorlands could mean the place where Vladek trains his "horde" of Shadow Knights.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I am fairly confident that they plan to release at least one set from each area on the KK2 map. Granted, they don't always release every set they plan out, but I believe that KK2 is selling well enough that they won't cancel any planned releases. (Unlike Orient Expedition which I hear was cut short due to poor sales)

Personally, I anticipate and dread the day when the Rascus building is revealed. I have very little confidence in TLC's ability to release a decent "forestmen" set right now, but they do surprise me from time to time.

The moorlands stuff should be interesting to see, and I wonder how they will be designed. I have a feeling it might be some kind of cross between Dragon Masters and Fright Knights in the sense that it will probably have a strong fantasy creatures and magic element. Come to think of it, I believe Citadel of Orlan is in the Moorlands. I'll have to double-check that one.

Anyway, nice suggestion, but I think they're already planning things very similar to what you've suggested. (though I doubt that the rare ore / armor detail would be a part of any sets, but it would be nice for them to make another blacksmith)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

JPinoy wrote:Yeah, a new set in the Moorlands could mean the place where Vladek trains his "horde" of Shadow Knights.
It must have been easy to train a horde of two :lol:

vladek: "no do it like this! MWAHAHAHHAHA"
shadow knight 1: "MRFAAFFFAAFFA"
shadow knight 2: "you idiot...he said MWEHEHEHEHEHE"
vladek: "*sigh*"
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmm this would be a interesting idea. I think I would like to buy Rascus's house. If it had a lot of plants....well I wouldn't complain.

Vladeck's hous might be ok. A good way to get two shadow knights without getting any jelly beans.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Man.... This stuff could accually be....(gulp) Cool.

Dave
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

rogue27 wrote:Come to think of it, I believe Citadel of Orlan is in the Moorlands. I'll have to double-check that one.
I think you mean 8778 Border Ambush...I just hope the Moorlands aren't brown...when I hear them...I think of them being tan and sand red...
SirBardatheBuilder
Villein

Post by SirBardatheBuilder »

Duke_Dave wrote:Man.... This stuff could accually be....(gulp) Cool.

Dave
Oh no... Its cool! I am one of the biggest fans of Knights Kingdom out there. I think I'm one of the few who didn't think it was stupid just based on how it looked. Besides... have you tried the Jousting set? they actually charge each other. No hands required(besides punching the lever).
Imagine Mordor. Same as the Moorlands in looks. The Citadel and Border Ambush are both in the Moorlands. Umm... Vladeks house? :| I think its called a castle.
My name is Barda of Brickbar. I am a loyal Knight of Morcia. My weapons: My mind, and a box of LEGO Bricks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/drag ... b.png/[IMG]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

SirBardatheBuilder wrote:

Dave
Oh no... Its cool! I am one of the biggest fans of Knights Kingdom out there. I think I'm one of the few who didn't think it was stupid just based on how it looked. Besides... have you tried the Jousting set? they actually charge each other. No hands required(besides punching the lever).
Imagine Mordor. Same as the Moorlands in looks. The Citadel and Border Ambush are both in the Moorlands. Umm... Vladeks house? :| I think its called a castle.
...I agree with him. In the kk2 online comic the scene with the moorlands is a knock off of Mordor if ever there was one.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

SirBardatheBuilder wrote:Umm... Vladeks house? :| I think its called a castle.
No, it's a little one story ranch with a white picket fence and a flower garden... his poppies are to die for. Get your KK2 facts straight.
Just kidding. Don't hit me.
TheOrk wrote:...I agree with him. In the kk2 online comic the scene with the moorlands is a knock off of Mordor if ever there was one.
Is this a bad thing though? Honestly, why not use an effective setting over and over again? There's nothing wrong with that.

I'm personally happy to see that people are embracing KK2. Sure, I don't like it as much as the older stuff, but I'd like to see more sets anyway. If nothing else, they're a good source or somewhat useful pieces and possibly new building techniques.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
SirBardatheBuilder
Villein

Post by SirBardatheBuilder »

I was born after the "golden age of castle". I only lived to see Fright Knights, Knights Kingdom, and Knights Kingdom. So I never got to play with the "good sets". I just like the plot, the characters... and my websites. :P
My name is Barda of Brickbar. I am a loyal Knight of Morcia. My weapons: My mind, and a box of LEGO Bricks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/drag ... b.png/[IMG]
Trigger
Laborer

Dear Lego

Post by Trigger »

I would really enjoy it if a Lego Vikings theme was created. Maybe a small $20 set of a Viking long boat, maybe a $50 dollar monastary(SP?) and some Vikings to attack it. Well thats just my two cents.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

SirBardatheBuilder wrote:

Dave
You're right, you musn't judge something on it's appearance. KK2 is worth more than most people think. But I didn't like the Joust set, because of the mechanical horses. It just seemed a bit ridiculous to have Knights flying about on carts. Still, the other sets seemed great and well-built.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Maybe if they made a set like that, it'd be another chance to get a shadow knight.

The shadow knights are the only desent thing from kk2.
It's a Christmas Miracle!