New colour variation of an old favourite

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I can't say that I'm a big fan of blay bricks. While I still like the design of the original yellow castle, I'm not too fond of the steel gray colouring of the new gray bricks (They just don't suit the castle theme that well). However, I really like the use of translucent bricks in the rear tower.
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

Wow, nice castle... Is it just me or does it look a lot like the old Yellow Castle? ;)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

JoshWedin wrote:
WilliamH wrote:Keep looking ;-)

The "hint" is in the title of the post ...
... and Bruce is very, very close
So what you mean is it doesn't come in the new light grey. Why didn't you just say that instead of playing treasure hunt? :) Clear communication is important. If you had stated on your MOCpage that this piece doesn't come in "new" light grey, I wouldn't have mentioned it and this thread would be shorter by four posts or so. I was merely trying to let you know that a piece you said you needed did, in fact, exist.

Josh
Life is enjoyed in its subleties my young friend. You had me going for a bit too Will H. Nice work. I seem to remember seeing this done in OLG and ODG, but this is a variation on a variation of a theme! Intersting take on an old classic from my childhood. Thanks for sharing this one.
Richard
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens