First Castle MOC in awhile.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Charlie
Freeman

First Castle MOC in awhile.

Post by Charlie »

I haven't really built anything in a good 5 months or so, mainly because I sold off most of my collection, but after building it back up a bit I wanted to build something!

As you can see, it's a Gate Tower. I decided to use doors instead of a Portcullis since the technic parts for one of those nifty new ones hadn't come yet, and I'm not too fond of making one of 1xX Bricks.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Charl ... house1.jpg

There are two doors, with the inner door having the ability to be barred. The entrance to the two towers on either side is through doors in the space between the two main doors.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Charl ... house4.jpg

There is a space at the back of each tower where a ladder will be, but since those haven't arrived either I guess you'll just have to use your imagination as to how they get to the top of the Tower ;)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Charl ... house6.jpg

The tower on the left will be used for storage, and the tower on the right will be used as the barracks for the troops. I didn't make a way for the tower to open up, since this was really just an experiement to get the overall look down that I wanted, the final gate tower will most likely open up to allow you to see inside.

I'll probably use something like this on the entire Castle that I'm going to build, but not having enough bricks right now I wasn't able to add the detail I wanted to the gate tower, so I'll have to re-build it later.

There is also a small scale attack going on, those crazy Dragon Masters are at it again!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Charl ... house7.jpg

Here is the whole folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69957

Anyway, just thought I would share, let me know what you guys think!

EDIT:

Whoops, didn't know there were image size restrictions, sorry about that, I made them into links instead of pics now, sorry.
Last edited by Charlie on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Looks like you're off to a great re-start there, Charlie!
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Nice castle :shock: You just gave me some ideas :D Thank you.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

So far, so good! :) BTW why did you sell off your collection in the first place? Just curious.
Troy T. Moore
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Thanks for the comments guys!

Troy,

Well, I had needed money for some of my other hobbies, and has lost interest in Lego for a month or so for whatever reason, so I just decided to sell off most of what I had left. I kept a lot of basic parts like plates and small bricks, but sold off most everything else. I really wish I hadn't, but you live and learn I guess.

Once again, thanks!
Taki
Villein

Post by Taki »

Nice, but where are the windows?! U are a real Schildbürger (german hmm ferry tale: the people of the town schilda(->schildbürger) build a townhall without windows). But the construction looks very massive! The slopes on the top look really good.
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Who you calling a Schildbürger ;)

I was actually thinking about the windows, but the thing is largely made of up Castle Wall Pieces, so I would have to disrupt the pattern of the Walls in order to incorporate windows into it. As you probably noticed I used those large 1x2x5 bricks to hide the windows in the Wall Pieces as I don't like those too much.

I'm in the process of building the Keep I guess it would be, although it's fairly small for a keep (if you compare it to the size of the gate tower) I will be putting some windows on that at least ;)
Taki
Villein

Post by Taki »

hehe ok, but you could build it like this:

[wall]
[window]
[wall]

but besides the windowthing your gate is really nice!

I hate those wallpeaces two, but i use them because i have not enough bricks to build my castles without them.
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Yeah, I was thinking about doing it that way, but I had quite a few 1x2, 1x4, and 1x6 bricks used in the Keep I'm making, so I would have to tear that down to get the needed parts. On my final version I'll put windows, I promise ;)
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

A nice medium sized tower with a nice medium sized army. Nice.
-May your winds be fair !
conductorjoe

Post by conductorjoe »

Please don't bump old topics Shadow Knight :wink:
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

Sorry but I had to post my thoughts! :D
-May your winds be fair !