Get 'em while ya can!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Dragon Master
Merchant

Get 'em while ya can!

Post by Dragon Master »

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=10 ... ID=3963788

^^^^

That is an incredible deal on some rare and expensive parts, if I had the money, I'd by them all. I already bought some 11 from this guy to add to my 20 originals. With the recent resurgence of this part, there must be or have been some at a European PAB.

DM
Last edited by Dragon Master on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

That's a good deal! I like rare parts, but I don't usally get them unless I have a use for them. And I just don't have any good use for those parts at the moment. But I still might get a few...
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Just ordered 20 of them! w00t.

:-)

LR
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

I bought a bunch from him and they arrived today. :D They are in new condition alright. I don't know where he got them, he wouldn't say. He also wouldn't tell me how many he had. When he runs out more instantly pop into his store.

It's rare that only one person has large quantities of such a rare part?
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Aidan wrote:I bought a bunch from him and they arrived today. :D They are in new condition alright. I don't know where he got them, he wouldn't say. He also wouldn't tell me how many he had. When he runs out more instantly pop into his store.

It's rare that only one person has large quantities of such a rare part?
Maybe he bought the Mold and the old grey pellets and started molding them? :p

LR
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Aidan wrote: It's rare that only one person has large quantities of such a rare part?
Yes!

I think that the only logical explanation is that there is a PAB dumping out loads of these.

Prehaps there was a castle or space set that was going to use that part in an upcoming set. Mabye TLC went ahead and made 1,000s of these things, and I predict that this was all going on during the 2003-2004 color change time. So TLC realised that they couldn't use these parts in sets, so they gave them to a European PAB.

One thing is for certain, is that there is no way that there is no way that 150 + of that pirate set NIB were parted out! No way!

Also curious is this:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=10 ... ID=3963788

A plain black armor, and a plain dark red armor. I understand that he could have mass brassoed that black, but his prices seem to low for that senario. Also the dark red armor won't hit the shelves printed for another few months!

I purchese two suits of each color, and they arrived today. I will be taking picutes, hopefully I can show you tommorow. I can tell you that the word "LEGO" is there and legible. And there seems to be no damage to the black.

I think that Rene has a friend on the inside so to speak either at the LEGO factory, or a nearby store.

Whatever the case I'm glad to have those slopes.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

The European PaB is well known for getting tons of cool parts that never make it to the states. This is likely because they are closer to the plant. The corner slopes could have been old stock at the factory, or at one of the model shops.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Anyone interested in doing a group order on this to take advantage of the quantity discounts. If you are, PM me.

Will
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

In what way are these rare and why do people want them so badly? What is their use :?:
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I can't tell you where I got the
items,
but they're not from a PaB-wall.
DM
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

What the... the seller even has the slope 75 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex in transparent clear!!

Ok he most likely knows someone that works for the company...

-Bryan
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Looks like a few of the volume discounts I was hoping to get have been sold out or sold enough he dropped the better discounts. As much as I'd like some of those parts, I am going to have to hold of on doing a group order for now. Sorry guys,

Will
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I see that he's currently offering 20 for $2.60 each, but what other discounts were offered?

-Bryan
fcarcanague
Laborer

Post by fcarcanague »

What is the part we are looking at? When I click the link I get his store w/a part not found screen.

Fred
Please visit updates once in a while
http://www.carcanague.com/
Need more Spare Parts [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Carcanague]Spare Bricks 4 You[/url]