Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: June 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: June 2005

Post by Formendacil »

Greetings Roleplayers!

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

To whom it may concern,

The Court of Constantius VII, Emperor of Legoland and Overlord of Dametreos, is pleased to invite you to an Imperial Ball, to be held at the Yellow Castle in Orion on July 11th, 2005, C.C.

With the end of the Wolfpack Civil War, and the end of the Royal-Falcon Conflict (2004-5), Dametreos now enjoys near-total peace, with no nations possessing formal stances of aggression towards any of its neighbours, a state which has not occurred, according to Imperial staticians, since 1723 C.C.

It is therefore in honour of this most momentous occasion that His Imperial Majesty is hosting a Ball, for all the invited dignitaries of the Empire and of Dametreos.

The festivities will open with a parade for the edification of Orion's citizens, in which as many guests as desire may partake in. A formal feast will be held for the guests immediately prior to the Ball. Both will be held in the Yellow Castle.

At midnight between the 12th and the 13th of July, a fireworks display will be provided, ending the official festivities.

In the days leading up the ball, and ending the day after, Orion will be hosting an international trade fair, open to merchants from across Dametreos. All guests of the Emperor are invited to visit this, and promote the trade of their nations.

All guests will receive food and lodging free from the Imperial bounty, and will be lodged in the Yellow Castle or in the great estates of Orion.

Trusting that the guest, or his or her delegated representative will be able to attend, I remain,

Julius Hadrianica,
Imperial Steward of the Yellow Castle,

on behalf of His Imperial Majesty,
Constantius VII,
Emperor of Legoland,
King of Orion,
Lord of the House Legonis,
Overlord of Dametreos
Anyone who has read my most recent (as of now) post in the Roleplay will recognise this invitation. In the Roleplay, it is being sent to all of the national leaders, inviting them (or, more likely, their delegates) to a big bash in Orion.

Come July 11th, I actually will start RPing a parade/dinner/ball/etc in Orion. I'm using this as an excuse to invite all sorts of characters to get together for some group fun.

Although the invitations are addressed to the national leaders, I expect few to come (they have their duties, after all), but these invitations can get passed on to anybody.

For example, I'm thinking that Robin Hood might want to give Sir Theodore one of the Royal invitations, and TheOrk might want to give Belzzar one of the Fright Knight ones.

So anyone who can think of a decent excuse to get their character(s) to the party are welcome to come.

And have fun, when/if you do! Have intrigues, romances, laughable mishaps, secret alliances. Just remember that this a party, and no wars or battles are allowed, although duels of honour would be awesome!

RP yourself an invitation in a while if you intend to come. Meanwhile, have fun!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~

P.S. Dragoman, there are no Shadow Knight invitations, because as far as I can tell, the Emperor wouldn't know about them. But if you want to come, and can think of a (semi-)plausible way to do it, then by all means go ahead. The Emperor might only want certain people, but I want every RPer who wants to come. That goes for everyone else as well.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Great Idea! Funny you should post it today, I have finished the "crunch time" in school now, so I can RP more often :)
After a bunch of catch up posts, I'll send a few Fright Knight deligates.

If I've got the time right, this message should get to everyone in a week and they should get there a week in advance?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:Great Idea! Funny you should post it today, I have finished the "crunch time" in school now, so I can RP more often :)
After a bunch of catch up posts, I'll send a few Fright Knight deligates.

If I've got the time right, this message should get to everyone in a week and they should get there a week in advance?
A week sounds right for getting the message, although you can take longer/shorter if you want. As for arriving, whatever works for you is good. If you have stuff to keep you busy, then arrive a month ahead. If you're crunched for time, arrive last minute.

And give Valric one of those 96 Classic invitations. Might be fun having him run into Belzzar... :wink:
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

And give Valric one of those 96 Classic invitations. Might be fun having him run into Belzzar... :wink:
Gah! Get out of my head :wink:

I said it once and I'll say it again, great idea. This will probley start off an plot or two for the summer.
Last edited by TheOrk on Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:
Gah! Get out of my head :wink:
Hehehe... We are always watching!!! :twisted:
TheOrk wrote:I said it once and I'll say it again, great idea. This will probably start off a plot or two for the summer.
That's the idea. The Roleplay needs a big plot to liven things up, and unlike the dreaded BVE, this plot is noncompulsory, doesn't affect every last human, elf, and pig in Dametreos, and will be fun!

I realise it's a month and a half away, but man am I PUMPED!!! This is something to look forward to. All the preparations to make... I know that I won't have any troubles finding things to do...
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:
To whom it may concern,

The Court of Constantius VII, Emperor of Legoland and Overlord of Dametreos, is pleased to invite you to an Imperial Ball, to be held at the Yellow Castle in Orion on July 11th, 2005, C.C.
Anyone who has read my most recent (as of now) post in the Roleplay will recognise this invitation. In the Roleplay, it is being sent to all of the national leaders, inviting them (or, more likely, their delegates) to a big bash in Orion.

Come July 11th, I actually will start RPing a parade/dinner/ball/etc in Orion. I'm using this as an excuse to invite all sorts of characters to get together for some group fun.

And have fun, when/if you do! Have intrigues, romances, laughable mishaps, secret alliances. Just remember that this a party, and no wars or battles are allowed, although duels of honour would be awesome!
*pictures Vanderdious with a saber dueling with newlywed Bernard*

:twisted:

This is so gonna be fun. If I can manage it, this may be the first time in the RP where I have all my (living) characters in the room! Ohh...think of the conflict! 8)

And do I smell...a Misfits reunion? :)

This is so gonna be fun! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Formendacil wrote:P.S. Dragoman, there are no Shadow Knight invitations, because as far as I can tell, the Emperor wouldn't know about them. But if you want to come, and can think of a (semi-)plausible way to do it, then by all means go ahead. The Emperor might only want certain people, but I want every RPer who wants to come. That goes for everyone else as well.
I would’ve been surprised if they did get an invite. There really isn’t any clear person to send the invitation to in the first place.
Hmm… if nobody minds, I might just have to clear that up.:twisted:

As for my characters attendance: none of them are exactly big ball going types of guys. Still, you may just find at least one of them makeing an appearance.:wink:
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

*rubs hands in excitement* This is gonna be good!

*dashes off to find suitable ballroom clothing for Jaythus and Santis and ********** (new character)*
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Dragoman wrote:As for my characters attendance: none of them are exactly big ball going types of guys. Still, you may just find at least one of them makeing an appearance.:wink:
Hehehe... You think that Sir Dractor is the ballroom type? If so, you are sadly mistaken.

Anyway, l look forward to seeing you there.
Sir Kohran wrote:*rubs hands in excitement* This is gonna be good!

*dashes off to find suitable ballroom clothing for Jaythus and Santis and ********** (new character)*
"Ambassador Jaythus, your first assignment is attend a ball"
"A ball, King Matthias"
"Yes, I have received invitations to a ball at the Yellow Castle. I'm sending you to represent me. Be careful, you may never see a more dangerous assignment.' :lol: :lol:

All joking aside, welcome aboard Jaythus and Co. I was hoping that our only ambassador character would make the decision to show up. Just save one of those invitations for Sir Jayson (I really should have just named the guy Jason...). I've got a run-in planned with him and Jayko. :twisted: :twisted:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, after a fair bit of inactivity, I have decided to get on with MNPCing the Royals. Heres a new character.

Name: Cloak
Background: Nothing solid is known about about Cloak. It is commonly believed that he was born with a small bit of mana magic and the unique ability to take the shape of different people. He is known by many to be an assasin equal to Faolan though few have seen his work.
Faction: Unknown
Place In Hierarchy: Assasin
Equipment: Other people's indentity
Other: Cloak has a very small amount of magic which has nothing to do with his appearence shifting. This ability is not part of any type of magic. It is believed to be born trait, though no one knows for certain.
Looks: Unknown. When he is not impersonating anybody he appears to be made entirely out of black. His cloths are black and no skin is seen.
Class: Main Character

I hope to do a picture sometime.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

All joking aside, welcome aboard Jaythus and Co. I was hoping that our only ambassador character would make the decision to show up. Just save one of those invitations for Sir Jayson (I really should have just named the guy Jason...). I've got a run-in planned with him and Jayko.
One thing: What type of character is Jayson? (main, secondary, minor...) I just need to know, so that I can see what I can do with him...

BTW, sorry for not posting in a while. I've been doing DIY for a few days, and tat's been on my mind a bit. Still, new post will be up in a few minutes.

PS: I miss the Old Man... :wink:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:One thing: What type of character is Jayson? (main, secondary, minor...) I just need to know, so that I can see what I can do with him...
Technically, Jayson is unregistered, and thus a NPC- and thus open for anything. So I guess you can go ahead and do what you want with him- certainly you can characterize him however you want.

As for me, I would like it if he stayed in command of Barleyburg and Castle Talonjay for some time, so that when Jayko finishes his stint in the Imperial forces, he can come back, mature, and regain his patrimony. However, as Jayson is an NPC, I can't (and won't try to) enforce any of my wishes there, so do what you want.
Sir Kohran wrote:PS: I miss the Old Man... :wink:
I don't. I liked him, but he didn't turn out to be as good a fit for the RP as I wanted, and I needed to trim down some of my old characters in preparation for my new Sir Dractor storyline (with the Jayko story as my main sideline!). So he had to go... but that was the plan from the beginning anyway.

EDIT: I just read your post, and loved it. It felt very much in keeping, atmospherically, with my own Barleyburg posts. In fact, I loved it enough to write a short follow-up, about Sir Jayson. True, he's an NPC, but I created him, so I know him quite well...

Besides, I couldn't resist. :D
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

:
PS: I miss the Old Man...

I don't. I liked him, but he didn't turn out to be as good a fit for the RP as I wanted, and I needed to trim down some of my old characters in preparation for my new Sir Dractor storyline (with the Jayko story as my main sideline!). So he had to go... but that was the plan from the beginning anyway.
It was the opposite for me. I enjoyed him as a character. His name, past, future, entrance and exit were all equally intriuging. We got info on him, but that only served to heighten the mystery about him, which really worked well.

The only thing that I didn't really like was the part when the Sorcerer-King defeated him in the Old Ruins. I disliked it for exactly the same reason I disliked the RTOK:EE scene, when the Witch-King destroys Gandalf's staff, simply because it kind of dumbed down the character from being an amazing character to a less powerful hero.

Still, it allowed for one of the best CCRP lines ever:
"So long, Old Fool," he said, making his way past the Old Man's body. "Had you taken a greater thrill from killing me, I would be the one lying on the ground, and not you."
:twisted:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Sorry to Double Post, but I wanted to ask something:

Nate, could you perhaps leave the Caimlin/Dragon Masters meeting Void plot for just a day, maybe? Sorry to ask like this, but it's just that I want to introduce a new character then before they arrive to meet Lord Void. Nothing to alter the story too much, just to help introduce someone, with a plot-device the connects the two stories. Thing is, I'm still working on the characture picture, and I'd just like a little time to get it finished, if you wouldn't mind.

Sorry, if this gets in the way of anything. You don't have to delay anything for me if you don't want to. I'd just prefer to get a character out at that point for the story.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.