A question for my fellow medieval lovers

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

A question for my fellow medieval lovers

Post by Master Blobicus »

Please bare with me. Well for the last 3 mounths I have been experimenting with armor for humans. I have made chain maille, 15th century Italian armor, gothic armor, several viking axes and sowrds. Whilst doing this I also studied ancient viking civalization, and medieval life. From these studies my friends and I have formed a new kingdom in the U.S.A., we call Maridaia. We have built a fortress on the moutian were we live. I have 1 question, does any oone else potray thier love for medieval legos in thier life, such as i have?

Thank you for your opinions
MB
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

First off its LEGO not legos, people here would cut your head off for that :wink:

I like swords, I usually stop by the House of Knives in the mall to look at all the swords.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Good luck claiming independence. Insurrection squashing has come a long way since the middle ages, so you might want to upgrade your equipment.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

YES! :D

I have several DelTin swords 13th and 14th century blades.... I have made maille in the past, and have some rivetted that I started a while back. I have made a couple of chapel-de-fers, a Wisby coat of plates, spaulders and a spangenhelm. I have not armoured for quite some time, due to work and building our home. I plan on doing this more next year again, as the kids love getting suited up and fighting (though we use "boffers" (foam over PVC pipe, wrapped in duct tape) for that... :wink: I am a castle head all around. LEGO played a part in developing that for sure, and continues to satiate that appetite as well.
Troy T. Moore
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I love to sword fight with my friend a lot. I have tried making some mail, made a few shields, and would like to get a sword or some plate armor.

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I don't advise anyone to attempt such a feat now, however....I used to make

swords out of any wood I could find, I would also make shields from garbage

can lids and even the occasional bucket helmet...I would wrap old socks and

undies around sticks to make torches and go marching through the canyons

near my house pretending to be a wandering wizard or lost warrior or

something.........this was a time before my teen years when I found myself

facing the difficulties of modern life...............and I cherish every memory I

have of that time.....
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I have friend who is twenty, who has taken a lot of martial arts. So naturaly he is good with a sword(actualy a PVC pipe), and best with a double-bladed PVC pipe. Me and my brother fight him a lot and have gotten many inguries, but he has recently told us that we shuld take up martial arts. Other than that, the only thing besides Legos that I do castle related is read books on Vikings, the Ancient Greeks, and the Middle Ages. I do also read Fantasy, but that doesn't realy count, does it.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Yes, I do! I haven't established a kingdom (yet) but I have a medieval outfit (only tunic, armbands, sword-belt and boots yet) and a friend of mine and I make wooden swords and fight with them.

D-Man

P.S. If anyone would like to see pictures of the latest wooden sword and its sheath, say so and I will post some pictures.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I'de like to see a picture.
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

well for those who enjoy making wooden sowrds and fighting friends (I know I shouldn't be advertizing, but) a good place to go would be www.Dagorhir.com, and to see some Pics of weapons go here http://masterb30.tripod.com/id8.html

thanks for answering,
MB
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!