Question about Viking Sheilds

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Dragon Master
Merchant

Question about Viking Sheilds

Post by Dragon Master »

Hey guys,

I just want to know if the sheilds that are included in viking sets (the ones for figs not decoration) have printed on designs, or stickered on desings.

If anyone know I'd would really 2-2.

Thanks
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Stickers.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Blast it! I hadn't heard if they were going to be stickers or not. I hate stickers, I really do.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Man... the viking line just keeps getting worse and worse. I am very very very disappointed in this. Its getting to the point, where I'm not sure I'm going to buy these anymore. :(

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Athos wrote:Man... the viking line just keeps getting worse and worse. I am very very very disappointed in this. Its getting to the point, where I'm not sure I'm going to buy these anymore. :(

Steve
I actively disagree. :) They're great sets. I don't see how it's 'kept getting worse and worse'. :?
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I don't mind the stickers on the Vikings shields, I just wish the baby-blue plate armor on the KK series was a sticker.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I don't mind stickers. But I feel like we're being cheated because the prices are going up, and they can't even print on the pieces anymore?

The only con to stickers is, if you throw a piece with a sticker in a big tub of LEGOs (like i keep my extra pieces :oops: ) they tend to get ruined.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

lil Jon wrote:I don't mind stickers. But I feel like we're being cheated because the prices are going up, and they can't even print on the pieces anymore?

The only con to stickers is, if you throw a piece with a sticker in a big tub of LEGOs (like i keep my extra pieces :oops: ) they tend to get ruined.
The prices aren't going up. Look at sets from themes like Forestmen and Dragon Masters... I mean, Viking Fortress vs. Fafnir Dragon is $90, but has 1019 pieces.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Bloody Jay wrote:I actively disagree. :) They're great sets. I don't see how it's 'kept getting worse and worse'. :?
I also actively disagree. Man, Jay, at this rate, we'll be the only ones who like the Vikings! More for us! :twisted:
Bloody Jay wrote:
lil Jon wrote:I don't mind stickers. But I feel like we're being cheated because the prices are going up, and they can't even print on the pieces anymore?
The prices aren't going up. Look at sets from themes like Forestmen and Dragon Masters... I mean, Viking Fortress vs. Fafnir Dragon is $90, but has 1019 pieces.
I actively agree. The price-per-piece count on the Vikings sets is excellent! The parts from some sets are less that 10 cents each? How much better can it get? :roll:
lil Jon wrote:The only con to stickers is, if you throw a piece with a sticker in a big tub of LEGOs (like i keep my extra pieces :oops: ) they tend to get ruined.
That's the same con for printed parts: they get horribly scratched up when stored in bulk. In fact, I think stickers are actually better in this case, because you can just replace the stickers if they are worn out. For printed parts, you have to replace the whole part!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

hey. i like vikings also.. and I love stickers. This way if you make a whole custom army, it won't matter. :D
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

I will use every type of sticker once, the rest of my vikings will get stickers printed out, to get some variation. :)

Frankly, my dear, I dont give a Brick.
Last edited by The Hordesman on Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Athos wrote:Man... the viking line just keeps getting worse and worse. I am very very very disappointed in this. Its getting to the point, where I'm not sure I'm going to buy these anymore. :(
You know, you guys are all starting to sound like a little kid who asked for just about EVERYTHING he could think of for Christmas- and then didn't get it. He DID get a wicked pile of loot, and way more than the last couple years, but having expected so much more, he was let down.

It's a pity, really, that the prototype pics were ever released. If all we had ever seen was the actual set, we would have been wowed out of our minds. Instead we have whining and complaining.

As for me, I am quite okay with stickered shields. It means I am free not to put them on in the first place. Other pieces I don't really like stickered, but shields are perfectly fine, since most of my shields end up stickered in the end anyway.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

Stickers are anoying. You have to put it on, but if you put it on wrong you have to pull it off again.

But hey, stickers aren't always bad. I mean if you have a piece printed police and you need it badly for your castle, it can be anoying. That's the advantage of stickers-you can remove them and put them on other things.

A couple stickers in a set isn't too bad, but if you get a set like the T-1`Typhoon vs. T-Rex.

Well, now it gets really anoying. :?
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Graynar wrote:Stickers are anoying. You have to put it on, but if you put it on wrong you have to pull it off again.
I generally dislike stickers for exactly that reason. I have short, thick fingers that don't do so well with the stickerification. However, I put on all of the viking shield stickers right the first time.

They're easy because the sticker is a wide ring with a hole that matches up nicely with the raised portion of the shield piece. I just line up the hole with the raised part and boom schmacky! It's done.

The shields look beautiful, as well. I think printed shields would have meant much less variety in shield designs - I'm happy that there is such variety. Variety is more important to me than pre-printed shields.

And, for the record, I LOVE VIKINGS!!! Vikings are the coolest theme EVER!!!

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

That's sarcasm, isn't it? While there are some downers in the Viking line these shields are - in my ... opinion - none of them. Who would possibly not love these shield design, regardless if it's stickers or printed?

Image Image

And you can use the out-cut center circle on the sticker sheet to cover the cross hole.

I suspect it has something to do with the shape of the part itself that made it impossible to print them or at least made stickers the better solution. They stickered these parts in other sets before. Maybe because of the raised center part with the cross hole.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill