The Black Knight

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Dragon Master
Merchant

The Black Knight

Post by Dragon Master »

Anyone got a Black Knight (NISB) for sale and will accept cash. I have been looking but don't wish to pay $15.00 (but will if I must) on bricklink. I would greatly appreciate it.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Which one is the black knight that you are looking for?
I have quite a few knights, and am always willing to trade, and anyone who would sell knight for fifteen dollars, well, that's just plain wrong. :)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I guess he's refering to this one:

6009 @ Lugnet!

However, a NISB (new in sealed box) one for sure is worth more than a loose one, but I wouldn't pay $15 for it, either.

Bye
Jojo

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Sorry - I didn't notice the NISB part until this morning - I only have loose ones.
Good luck on your hunting!
The Dragon Master

Post by The Dragon Master »

Yeah, thats ok. I don't mind a used one. I think that this message was posted before we talked today anyway.

Also the user name above is "DRAGON MASTER" that was my old name. I couldn't get the password to work and I clicked "e-mail" password but it never came.

I now use "THE DRAGON MASTER" but we are one in the same.

Thanks.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Now that is a set that had everything needed to build up a sizable mounted army. Here in Canada I was only ever able to find these in the Shop at Home catalog. If I had seen these at reatial I would have bought hundreds of them. This would make an excellent small set for re-release. I would probably still buy them in big quantities. Sadly I never had the chance to buy them in quantity way back then...

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Loneranger
Landlord

army

Post by Loneranger »

yes if you buy a lot of thes you can make a big army (i wish i got some) and i have looked at Bricklink for them. but i cant find any of them. but i did find the mnifig and its accessories with it. (but no horse and stuff) :? but i have found one on Bricklink at super-set-store but its not in america :cry: :( :?

lone ranger
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I was (am) on a limited lego budget, so I could only pick up a couple here or there whenever I got paid. I don't have vast armies (I wish), but I have enough to at least spare one!
I mostly use them as the captains or lords of my armies. I think my biggest army is 50 minifigs. Draconians.
My Royals are small, with several factions banding together to defeat the invaders.

and yes Dragon Master, that was posted before we "talked"...
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

As for big armies: I used to want a big army of Black Falcons just for having them. And I collected about 200 of them (I know that's a lot but I've no idea if this counts as a 'big' army, I know people who have far more BFs and other castle figs than I have). However, when I finally had built a castle for my Falcons I had much too much of them. There was simply not enough room for them all. So I learned: Big armies are quite useless. I better spend my money on bricks for buildings rather than on minifigs; bricks are useful ;-) Also, when you buy used castle sets for supplementing your parts collection the figs just come along.

Bye
Jojo

LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Jojo
I totally agree - big armies are quite useless. I too found this out when I couldn't find enough guys to fight them! It's no fun having one army outnumber all of your others... And yes, I think 200 counts as a big army. It could take my little outpost! :lol:
If you ever want to swap couple of regiments of black falcons for some black knights let me know. I have had mine for years, so they aren't mint. :(
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

i would love to have some black falcons and black nights, because my army is not that big (11 guys on each site) but now i just want to get more bricks, and some minifigs. so if you live in America and have some stuff you dont want ,just post somthing and tell me. :D :) :D :lol:

lone ranger
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

It depends what you want a large army for, when I was younger I just liked being able to make large battle scenes. Now I use the large army to do the same thing at train shows etc... I have always had a balance when building my armies though, I have several factions all of which have large armies it make a battle scene look great if your factions are big enough to fight each other. On the other hand the last detailed castle I built could only hold 250 soldiers, so the rest were a bit superfluous.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.