Proper Posting for "LEGO Castle Sets"

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Proper Posting for "LEGO Castle Sets"

Post by architect »

Hello everyone,

I am bringing this to your attention because many topics are being posted in the wrong areas of the CC forum. The Lego Castle Sets area is for discussion of official LEGO Castle sets only.

This includes topics such as weekly set reviews, discussion of old sets, discussion of new sets, etc.

It is not a place to post moc's. If your post has "custom" anywhere in the title it belongs in the Castle Moc's area.

I have moved several topics today. The General Lego section would be a better place to plan your "protests" not this section reserved for set discussion.

Please try to follow these rules. Thanks :D

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Recently I have noticed quite a few polls in the LEGO Castle section. While these are fine, please keep a few things in mind.

Try not to post a discussion thread and then post a duplicate thread with a poll. This causes unnecessary clutter. You can edit your first post to add a poll :wink:

As some members have pointed out, please be clear in your polls. The title should say exactly what you are polling. Ample clear choices should be available. For example in the recent factions poll, dont forget the Black Falcon's or group the KK I and KK II together.

Polls also work best when there are one or two happening at a time. So please refrain from posting too many simultaneously. Save a poll idea for a later time. Perhaps we could even have a weekly sets related poll and all members could submit ideas for what that poll should be.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Okay Ben. One thing though. How dod you edit a poll? I had to make a new one to make corrections
Space rocks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Forester,

I believe you can add a poll to any post while editing it. Just add the poll title and options below. If you forgot and option, go to the bottom and add another choice (just like you added choices for the original poll). The only problem with editing polls is that they can erase your previous polled data. That is why it is good to carefully prepare a poll before you post it.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
SirBardatheBuilder
Villein

Thanks

Post by SirBardatheBuilder »

Thank you, I will keep this in mind.

~ Sir Barda the Builder of Brickbar

BTW, where would fan fiction go? Can you post RPG style games? (post to play type?)

Oh and, since I'm new, I can't remember, from the rules, whats the policy about double posting?
My name is Barda of Brickbar. I am a loyal Knight of Morcia. My weapons: My mind, and a box of LEGO Bricks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/drag ... b.png/[IMG]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

BTW, where would fan fiction go? Can you post RPG style games? (post to play type?)

Oh and, since I'm new, I can't remember, from the rules, whats the policy about double posting?
Member's stories about castle factions belongs in the "Stories" forum. RPG stuff belongs in the "Gaming" forum. The LEGO Castle sets forum is for official set discussion only. If you want to buy these sets, that would belong in Buy/Sell/Trade. As for double posting, when it happens an admin usually just deletes the accidental second post.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
SirBardatheBuilder
Villein

Post by SirBardatheBuilder »

Thank you for your time and patience.

Fare the well,
Barda
My name is Barda of Brickbar. I am a loyal Knight of Morcia. My weapons: My mind, and a box of LEGO Bricks.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/drag ... b.png/[IMG]
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I shall keep this in mind... Actually I posted quite a few 'protests' in the castle sets topic before I read this. Sorry, won't happen again. 8)
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

I apoligize for some of my posts. I've had several moved to differen't formums already. :oops:

Graynar
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Graynar wrote:I apoligize for some of my posts. I've had several moved to differen't formums already. :oops:

Graynar
You mean that you moved them yourself, or did the moderators move them???
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Nick wrote:
Graynar wrote:I apoligize for some of my posts. I've had several moved to differen't formums already. :oops:

Graynar
You mean that you moved them yourself, or did the moderators move them???
I don't think you can move them yourself. The mods or admins did.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I don't think you can move them yourself.
Well, you can't directly, but you can delete your post and type it up again on another forum (or copy and paste it).
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Perhaps we could even have a weekly sets related poll and all members could submit ideas for what that poll should be.
I like that idea. We should do that. I enjoy polls, usually I don't have ideas for polls though.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

There's a problem with polls. People get lazy and just vote without replying. I like polls too, and I am guilty of just voting without replying myself.
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

about moving posts - even though it's much needed to maintain the quality of the forum and the admins are doing a good job, once you move a post, can you PM the original poster on which forum you moved it to, so he knows where to find it?

b/c i posted something about chrome parts last night, then i went back today to see if anybody answered my question, the post is gone. i dont know if it's deleted or moved, so i have to go to every other forum just to find it (havent found it yet).

just a suggestion.

luke