Were you aware...?

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Nick wrote:
That's excellent! So we are all members of the best Lego discussion site, let's celebrate! Let's wish the swift downfall of all other Lego forums, so ours prevails!
*salute*
Hail to CC, all our heroic administrators and their cause! Let their cause be ours, and let's drink to CC's eternal superiority, absolute righteousness and the downfall of all enemies!!!
*double salute*
Long live CC! Long live the admins!
*triple salute*
Well, that's about as loyal as you can get! :wink:

But be aware, we most be strong, other LEGO sites will also be fighting against us.

But I think well stay among the top for a very long time.

Graynar

*salute*
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

Let's not think of the other Lego discussion sites as enemies or competitors. We all love Lego, and the only difference is that some of us may prefer certain sites over other ones. Heck, if I had the time and the interest, I'd join lots of other sites. But for now, I'll just swear my loyalty to CC. :wink:
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

eNiGMa wrote:Let's not think of the other Lego discussion sites as enemies or competitors. We all love Lego, and the only difference is that some of us may prefer certain sites over other ones. Heck, if I had the time and the interest, I'd join lots of other sites. But for now, I'll just swear my loyalty to CC. :wink:

come on - we can loot and pillage them! :D

(I got viking fever)
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I would imagine it has to do with Classic-Castle being a more cordial environment than Lugnet. In fact, I find LUGNET to be downright unfriendly! The mods show greater deference to us users, and the users themselves are rarely hostile, which certainly makes this an easier place to post.

Personally, I believe that Classic-Castle has been successful because of the mutual respect that exists between users. This is something LUGNET currently lacks, much to my disappointment. I can only hope that the elitism that is so prevalent on LUGNET doesn't eventually make its way into these forums.

And of course, the administrative staff need to be thanked for their efforts. You guys have done one heck of a job! LUGNET is out, Classic Castle is in! Thanks again.

Later.
Jojo
Master

Re: Were you aware...?

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

SavaTheAggie wrote:Were you aware that the Classic-Castle forum now contains nearly 3 times as many posts as Lugnet.Castle?
I was not aware of the figures. :-) I was aware, though, that there is more activity on Classic-Castle than on Lugnet.castle or Lugnet in general.

Lugnet is a site for veterans. It's always been a site for AFOLS, stressing the A. The typical Lugnetter's carreer is probably like this: Lost interest in LEGO with 12 or 14, sold all their bricks for a song on a garage sale, grew up, married, children, retrieved interest in LEGO through their children's LEGO, now having the financial background and being able to buy larger amounts of LEGO than ever before. I estimate the underaged ratio on Lugnet to be less than 10%.

Lugnet's over-all style certainly never appealed to younger LEGO fans, it simply wasn't meant to. It was meant to be a hideaway for those who had an unusual hobby for adults that wasn't broadly accepted. ("Haha, you play with Legos? How old are you, huh?")

Plus it combined all LEGO themes. There are subgroups for every theme but reading Lugnet means you get to know MOCs and discussions in other themes, too. So for LEGO fans (with interest in LEGO in general) Lugnet still is a site to browse. You learn to think outside the box, outside your themed box, that is. For me Lugnet still is the centre of the AFOL universe where you can discuss everything about LEGO, but there are more satellites around this centre than five years before. One of these satellites is Classic-Castle.

Other than Lugnet Classic-Castle doesn't focus on the typical AFOL (I think). It focuses on LEGO Castle fans of whatever age. Thus - I guess - there are at least 50% members younger than 20, maybe more. Classic-Castle is the centre of the LEGO Castle universe. That's something Lugnet never aimed to be. It temporarily was (sort of), due to the lack of any worthwhile Castle-only site, but now Classic-Castle plays this role. And it's playing it well.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

But be aware, we most be strong, other LEGO sites will also be fighting against us.
Perhaps we could begin a propaganda campaign, making this site known across all other Lego forums, and summoning their members. :twisted:
Classic-Castle is the centre of the LEGO Castle universe.
Yes, very true. We are the proud members of the universe's very core.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Perhaps we could begin a propaganda campaign, making this site known across all other Lego forums, and summoning their members.
Don't worry, I've spread the word on PirateBricks! :twisted:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I was thinking last night that CC was almost at Three hundred and fifty thousand hits. Then when I got on the main page this morning it was exactly that!

http://www.classic-castle.com/bene/350000CC.jpg

Ben
CC Sets Admin
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I wonder if all the Lugneters are coming over here instead. :wink:
I was thinking last night that CC was almost at Three hundred and fifty thousand hits. Then when I got on the main page this morning it was exactly that!
That's amazing!
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

But does the hit counter register a visitor if he goes on several times as one hit, or not?
Hmmm, I didn't know that. I wonder if all the Lugneters are coming over here instead
I am convinced thay are, as Lugnet is a rotting log, and CC is a young tree.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I'm pretty sure that Lugnet.Castle will never really go anywhere though. Although I have never used it, I agree with Jojo that it has a different purpose, and caters to a different audience as well.

Also, because it focuses on more than castle, I think CC and Lugnet will co-exist for some time to come... and all the better - it's nice to expand the community! :-)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Just out of interst, how do our active member numbers compare to the other sites?