Lego Movie: Paul in Damascus

Discussion of general LEGO topics
swordfish
Peasant

Lego Movie: Paul in Damascus

Post by swordfish »

Hi,
This is a lego animation movie I made together with some friends. It's about Paul from the bible. Some of you might recognize one of my mocs in it.

Paul in Damascus real media 7.19 MB (that's megabytes, not megablocks :wink: )

Paul in Damascus wmv 4 MB

length: 4:28 minutes

any comments are welcome.
enjoy....

kor
Peasant

Post by kor »

That was very enjoyable. The animation had a lot of camera shakes but that will improve with time and experimenting. Good Job!
Last edited by kor on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanduu
Laborer

Post by Kanduu »

Very nice job, I enjoyed the whole thing alot. I might suggest fancier clothes for Saul (before he was Paul), but very nice. What are you going to do next? :)
"Go Pokes!" :)
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

Very enjoyable! I've always wanted to make a Lego film, but that would be too time consuming... I'm gland that you have succeeded! What was your technique? Did you take separate shoots and then put them together?

P.S. I see your avatar is Damascus!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

This was excellent! I enjoyed it a lot. The story flowed well, and you had a good mixture of modern storytelling with Biblical writings. Perhaps my only complaint was that the subtitles was hard to read, because white doesn't stand out too well on the picture. Maybe it would have been better if you had put the subtitles beneath the picture. Still, well done!
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Hey, that was really good. I like how your castle made a cameo in it.

Great work! You should make more.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

That was very good. I am truly impressed. The baptism scene was especially well done. Way to go! I am going to hang on to this and show some non-lego friends. They will get a kick out of it.

Thanks,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
swordfish
Peasant

Post by swordfish »

Thanks for all the comments!
Great work! You should make more.
I've got more. I've made a couple more movies, including a little robin hood one, but they're not online yet.
Perhaps my only complaint was that the subtitles was hard to read, because white doesn't stand out too well on the picture. Maybe it would have been better if you had put the subtitles beneath the picture. Still, well done!
Thanks for the hint. I'll try that on my next movie. But i think it might be hard to do with the program I'm using. I'll try though.
What was your technique? Did you take separate shoots and then put them together?
Yup, it's lots of seperate shots, or frames, put together on the computer and played at 10 frames per second. Most people who make brickfilms (that's what they're called) do 15 frames per second though.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I liked it a lot! You did a lot better than I could have with the pictures. I didn't realy like the voices and music, but that's just personal prefference. BTW, how did you add the music and voices into the animation? And what program did you use to make this?
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

I enjoyed the movie as well! The animation was good and did not detract too much from the viewing. I liked the part when Paul was traveling through the Roman Empire and the little minifigure was walking on the grass. :lol: That must have been hard to do. Good job on the movie!
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Re: Lego Movie: Paul in Damascus

Post by Tanotrooper »

perfect! i really enjoyed it.

especially the "stone" part. :lol:
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Great!!

I never thought I would laugh upon seeing a stoning, but I couldn't help it in this case! Also, the way the man's face changes when he is baptized in the river is classic!

It was also nice to try out my German listening skills. ;-)

I guess Saul should be dressed better, since he was on the "other" side back then... but otherwise... so cool!!! I'll show this to people at my church. :-P
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Thanks for the hint. I'll try that on my next movie. But i think it might be hard to do with the program I'm using. I'll try though.
Don't worry, it wasn't that a big a problem. I was just commenting on it. You don't have to change anything.

Are you planning on doing any more "Bible" movies?

Oh and what song was it that played at the end?
swordfish
Peasant

Post by swordfish »

Are you planning on doing any more "Bible" movies?
My and some of my friends are working on a david and goliath film. But it's probably still gonna take alot of time till that's finished. We just don't get around to working on it very often.
Oh and what song was it that played at the end?
. I just checked, it's called "hang on sloopy" by "the McCoys"
how did you add the music and voices into the animation? And what program did you use to make this?
I used a program called windows movie maker 2. It comes with windows xp. You can add sound with that, but only one track, so I first compiled all the sounds and music together with a different program called audacity and so made it all into one track. Then I added it to the animation with windows movie maker.