10176 Prices

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

I'm definatly going to pass on this one. Au$180 + Au$40 S+H. I can pick up two of the original 6090 on ebay for that and still have money left over.
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

I've heard somewhere that this set is going to cost € 119,95 for Europe, wich is $ 153.
I'm sorry, but that is way to much for this set. :shock:
Ah well, someone will part it out, and I'll bricklink the nice parts :)
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

I've heard somewhere that this set is going to cost € 119,95 for Europe, wich is $ 153.
lego.com, which now has the castle featured on the "shop at home" home page, has it listed at $99. you're right, $153 is way too much for a castle. i'd want 20 minifigs and 1500 pieces at that price, thank you.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

OK,my country has a big problem with inflation....
Tell me how much it is in euros,in some UN-country...
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:Tell me how much it is in euros,in some UN-country...
So far this set is only available at S@H in the US. The price is $ 99.99 which converted is about EUR 78.20. However the prices throughout Europe are generally higher than those in the States (why the Megablocks?!!! :evil: ) and if this set comes out in Europe it will probably won't cost less than EUR 100. I presume that you meant EU-country (and not UN-country) so for you I believe it's best to check the Austrian listings on TLC website. The price given is EUR 124.99 and it will be available after 14 Jul 2006.
Last edited by ragnarok on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Peasant

Post by James »

says its 119.99 euros to me
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

lego.com, which now has the castle featured on the "shop at home" home page, has it listed at $99. you're right, $153 is way too much for a castle. i'd want 20 minifigs and 1500 pieces at that price, thank you.
Lego, there is no way I am paying £84 (not even counting shipping!) for this set (no matter how good it is) when other countries (namely the US) are getting it at £54.

- Matt
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Thanks Ragnarok...
and,yes,I meant EU-country :wink: ...
I didn't expected the lesser price... But do you think is there any possibility for this set to be available in Eastern Europe at all???...
Vikings never made their way to here... :cry:

That blacksmith is absolutely my favourite part here...
And I really like that RAT... i wish they put more of those...
can't wait to get this...

greetings from Serbia
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:I didn't expected the lesser price... But do you think is there any possibility for this set to be available in Eastern Europe at all???...
Vikings never made their way to here...
I explained in a previous post in this thread that the shop may supply 10176 on a higher price and only on demand. I don't know in which part of Serbia you live in but if you are in the Eastern part you may as well drop by to Sofia (several busses daily) where there are most of the viking sets available. The price for the viking fortress is about 350 BGN which at today's rates is about 175 EUR. Some advises:
1. The Bulgarian National Bank does not rate the Yugoslav dinar because of the inflation. The unofficial rate is 100 dinari for 2.30 leva. Better buy currency at home.
2. As from the end of September BG will be forced to impose visas on Serbian citizens due to EU enlargement process. That will increase the cost of such trip.
chadzicz
Villein

Post by chadzicz »

ragnarok, dJOLe_sk8,

does not make sense to buy it in any of the Eastern Europe markets because of the outrageous prices. i suggest you wait till it is on ebay.de and they buy from there. much better deals (e.g. you can get Vladek's Dark Fortress for 60 EUR 'Buy it now') - you just need to play the custom guys a little to avoid customs+VAT (as i do here in Romania everytime a big box with bricks arrives) :wink:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I split these post into a new thread about the various shop at home prices of the 10176 Castle. They are more appropriate in Buy/Sell/Trade.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Sorry Ben! It seems that we've got carried away.

chadzicz the turn with the customs doesn't work here any more. In my home town it may be possible but it still risky because the anti-corruption services are hitting hard these days. But even with duty paid it's still cheaper.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I will probably not buy this set myself, but I hope that I will get it for a present sometime. It is a bit too expensive for a lego set like this. It doesn't even have totally enclosed walls and turrets. I think it is cool that it comes with a dog and blacksmith. I also like the attempt to bring back some of the older sets agian. But, like I said, I'm not going to buy it because it is too much for my income(which it about $3.5 a week alowance :lol: ), but I hope that I can accquire it somehow else.
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Hey,I thought that our posts were deleted...
I just found this...
Anyway,sorry Ben...we've GOT carried away :wink:

I think there will be no necessarity for me to buy this in my homeland,'cause I'm going to Wien University in september this year... I think that will be available there :wink: ... I just feel sorry 'cause it's like that here...
I'm losing hope to meet some LEGO castle-fan from Serbia...
Ben,I will stop here :wink:
Anyway,125 EUR is just too much...
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:I think there will be no necessarity for me to buy this in my homeland,'cause I'm going to Wien University in september this year...
Congrats and lot of success!
(btw, you spelled Vienna in German, could as well have written Bech :wink: )
dJOLe_sk8 wrote:Anyway,125 EUR is just too much...
I agree with that, as long as Battle of the Pass is far more cheaper and at the same time features a lot of figs and accessories. May be it's the better choice. Another issue is whether the price mentioned is including or sans VAT. If it is without than the whole picture is getting really ugly.