Size of Armies

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sorian Gwener
Serf

Post by Sorian Gwener »

The_Hun wrote:Some great (large and small) armies here that I haven't seen before! BTW, I was largely inspired by Troy T. Moore's Crown army.
The size of this army is exactly what i'm looking for, but a little more divided groups and some cannons, and a little more knights.
Sorian Gwener Knight of the Crownies Realm
Torment
Villein

Post by Torment »

At the time i'm all but tied between crownies, skeletons, and Vladeks minions. all at about 50 men each after that the armies drop drastically to about only 1 - 10 men each
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

My philosophy on armies is to accumulate at least a decent amount of figs in numerous factions in order to create more diverse and visually interesting MOCs. Of course, larger scale MOCS would require larger amounts of figs, but diversity is key for smaller creations.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

I have 13 falcon torso's and shields of the black falcons. but I've used other torso's to falcon-ish soldiers around them and they have some allies. (6 forrestmen from forrestmen's hideout...)
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

insurrection wrote:Forestmen 40 in total: 25 figs from official forestmen sets and another 15 made up of figs with different forestmen-stylish torsos (like blue/gray purse pattern, dark forest etc.).
Time changes (and I now got some photos)...

(the armies are from my own legoverse-factions, as I described in this post.)

Around 75 "Dragon Kingdom" (due to a skellie-company from PaB :D)

35 Lion Kingdom (another pic of only footsoldiers)

28 imperial soldiers (20 under the gray/red bat-standard, 8 with war hammers in yellow/black)

~30 Forestmen.

~20 Peasants (another pic).

~15 Wolfpack.

Whole gallery http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=326016
siabur
Laborer

Post by siabur »

My biggest faction is a tie between skellies and crownies with about 50 each. Followed by trolls/orcs 22. Misc knights from older sets run aboot 20. Followed by my drone army nearing 40. And yes my drones have done battle with my castle guys, all you need is a stargate :D
Here's a sample of some of them in battle, you may have seen this on another thread.
Niki
Genuine Draft - A Brick Comic since October 2008
[url=http://www.dreamersink.com][img]http://www.dreamersink.com/gd/image/468x60fftban.jpg[/img][/url]
Lego is my prefered drug of choice.
[url=http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com]BCN: Brick Comic Network[/url]
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

My largest faction is the vikings who make up over 100 members of my army. Then the next is the Crown knights with over 50. Next comes the skeletons at over 2 dozen. After that I think my largest is the dragon knights with 10. Now if you are talking about customs, I have an column of almost 30 black knights (some with speckled and some with black armor). What can I say, I encourage diversity among my legos.
Lego helps make history fun!
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Blue Head wrote:120? 50? My largest faction is the Dragon Masters at 7 :(.

Blue <><
I feel your pain, except with Orcs and Black Knights.
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Sir Ninja Pilot
Villein

Post by Sir Ninja Pilot »

I have six ninjas (five reds and a samuria) as my largest faction. All of them are totally armed. :D
Call me Ninja Pilot, that's Sir Ninja Pilot to you!!!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... inja-Pilot
Prettybasic
Serf

Post by Prettybasic »

Well, I have alot of others, So i could (if I wanted) have a peasant uprising against my 40 or so Black Falcons. Peasants = 25 forestmen, 40 pirate like charactars (who could be medieval) and a bunch of people wearing Star Wars tunics and cowls.

Did i mention i have amassed 134 pitchforks?
The ship of failure floats on a sea of excuses
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

My standing Crown Knight army is 117 with 20 unassembled. Really wish I had an opposing Bull Knight faction as large (not interested in skellies or orcs or any of that stuff), but I didn't get back into Lego until late in the KK1 series, and I didn't have much money back then anyway.
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

My largest faction is my Crown knights at 10.

Skeletons at 6.

Shadow Knights at 6.

KK2 Knights at around 6.

Orks at 5 with 2 giant trolls.

Dwarfs at 5.

So if you combine all the factions it makes 40.
ClassicCastlesetsftw
Villein

Post by ClassicCastlesetsftw »

I think my largest would be vikings at around 30. I have about 15 of the plain breastplate and abo8ut 12 o the chainmail figures which i spread to whatever armies needs soldiers.

Total knights i would say like 100-150 i haven't counted.
Last edited by ClassicCastlesetsftw on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without Lego this world would change for the worse...
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

So I don't have any pics that aren't less than a year old but here's my calvary, sorry I don't have any pics of the full army, I'll try to find a cam sometime.

Lion shelf

Middle Houses

Bad Mofo's (Southern Houses)

Hopefully you can see it all even with the bad angles.
The army's probably 3-4 times these numbers.
Man legos kick megabloks,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Gijs25
Villein

Post by Gijs25 »

Wow! There are really, really big armies over here :shock: . I haven't bought any lego for about a year now, except custom (LA, BA, etc.). We allready have a lot of lego, but i can't tell what our biggest faction is.... All of your armies are very impressive, guys. Ser Loktar, very nice cavalry! :D I wish i had that much knights :lol: .