New theme of summer 2005: VIKINGS????

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Forester, note the DragonMasters/Bulls type of flag at the top of the Longboat. Now use that flag as a way of scaling, and compare the flag to the figures on the boat...

I think you'll be able to see that its minifig scale. That is if the flame piece and the 3x3 radar dish shields aren't enough.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

JPinoy wrote:Forester, note the DragonMasters/Bulls type of flag at the top of the Longboat. Now use that flag as a way of scaling, and compare the flag to the figures on the boat...

I think you'll be able to see that its minifig scale. That is if the flame piece and the 3x3 radar dish shields aren't enough.
I hope you're right, but until a better resolution pic is available I'll still have my doubts. It just doesn't seem to make sense to introduce a new castle-ish line with HP and KK2 continuing. And the new Duplo Castle needs some 'villains'.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Its defintily LEGO not DUPLO because its called LEGO Vikings.
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I have seen some of the larger pics and it is system. The pieces that you can definatly notice are system. I hope they release this in the US.

Dusty
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

TheOrk wrote:Its defintily LEGO not DUPLO because its called LEGO Vikings.
I now agree with your reasoning about the set not being Duplo, but I'm still not convinced that it's minifig scale, as JPinoy and others have said. The more I look at the shields, the less like 3x3 dishes they look. They are too flat, more like 4x4 dishes -- which suggests the 4+ Jack Stone scale. The more I look at the figs that are visible (I can make out 4-6 of them), the more Jack Stone-ish they look. I would dearly love to be proved wrong.

Does anyone have better resolution photos that we can look at?

Alan
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

footsteps wrote:
TheOrk wrote:Its defintily LEGO not DUPLO because its called LEGO Vikings.
I now agree with your reasoning about the set not being Duplo, but I'm still not convinced that it's minifig scale, as JPinoy and others have said. The more I look at the shields, the less like 3x3 dishes they look. They are too flat, more like 4x4 dishes -- which suggests the 4+ Jack Stone scale. The more I look at the figs that are visible (I can make out 4-6 of them), the more Jack Stone-ish they look. I would dearly love to be proved wrong.

Does anyone have better resolution photos that we can look at?

Alan
This seems to be the LEGO version of a Rorschach test, or Neitzsche via LEGO ("Stare long enough into the Abyss, and the Abyss becomes Jack Stone"). :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:This seems to be the LEGO version of a Rorschach test, or Neitzsche via LEGO ("Stare long enough into the Abyss, and the Abyss becomes Jack Stone"). :D
Bingo!! And no, I don't have suppressed issues with my parents. :lol:

Alan
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:This seems to be the LEGO version of a Rorschach test, or Neitzsche via LEGO ("Stare long enough into the Abyss, and the Abyss becomes Jack Stone"). :D
Bingo!! And no, I don't have suppressed issues with my parents. :lol:

Alan
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Jpinoy: Just because there are some system pieces in the set doesn't mean that it can't be Jack Stone minfugures. Just incase you don't remember the Jack Stone pirate line had system pieces in it and it would STILL be caslled Lego Viking. Though after examining some of the things I must say it looks like they are minifigs. :D

Let's just hope they are minifig scale. :D
Space rocks.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

[quote="footsteps They are too flat, more like 4x4 dishes -- which suggests the 4+ Jack Stone scale. The more I look at the figs that are visible (I can make out 4-6 of them), the more Jack Stone-ish they look. I would dearly love to be proved wrong.

Alan[/quote]

But why would they make more 4+ pirates when the allready have them? I mean if they made more 4+ it would probably be the same line as the ones already out right? Why would they make some more pirates that weren't the same as the prev. release?

dave
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

forester3291 wrote:Jpinoy: Just because there are some system pieces in the set doesn't mean that it can't be Jack Stone minfugures. Just incase you don't remember the Jack Stone pirate line had system pieces in it and it would STILL be caslled Lego Viking. Though after examining some of the things I must say it looks like they are minifigs. :D

Let's just hope they are minifig scale. :D
Forest,
I can tell the difference between minifigs and JackStone sized figures. Believe me I know my minifigures, I have 4,000 (FOUR THOUSAND), of them. :twisted:

What Im comparing are not just mere "system pieces" its pieces that you can use to scale the piece itself with the figures in the pic, regardless of blurry-ness. I've made posting about these pieces being used in that manner to "solve" the minifig/JackStone mystery in other threads.

Those pieces are:
flame piece
3x3 shields
large oars
1x2x3 slope piece (on Dragonhead)
and most importantly... the "Dragon Masters style" cloth flag on the top of the ship's mast.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LusiferSam
Peasant

Post by LusiferSam »

Boy that would be great if it were true. I'd love a Viking theme. I just wish the picture were clearer. Those figures look Jacked & Stoned to me. Only time will tell.
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

It would be great if this set came out. Even when it's Jack Stone I could still use much of the parts in it.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

LusiferSam wrote:Boy that would be great if it were true. I'd love a Viking theme. I just wish the picture were clearer. Those figures look Jacked & Stoned to me. Only time will tell.
I think this is progressing beyond the Rorschach test and going into the LEGO equivalent of self-flagellation or wearing a hair shirt. :D

People, you don't need to get medieval on one's self, just compare the blurry blobs to the known parts or the overall set size proportions, and you can calm your own fears.

But if you just like being a masochist, never mind....
:wink:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]