New Castle theme - new roleplay?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

ZIGGY! wrote:So I can't make my new faction character :cry:

Fine then can we make characters now or should we wait to post tommorow, also I presume you get first post right?

~Ziggy
Yeah, that's right. Start making characters any time you feel like it. I'll start a thread later today.

EDIT: First character.

Character's Name: Galdrutt
Character's Age: 38
Character's Information (family history, etc.): He was a soldier in the Crusader army until he left some time before. Now he wanders in any way he wants, only looking for food and gold, but still wanting something more.
Character's Faction (choose from the official factions): None. Formerly Crusaders. Has some ties with the Wolfpack. Unknown past with the Royal Knights.
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasent, knight, etc.): Traveller and occasional mercenary.
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): An axe that doubles as a walking stick. Keeps a short sword. Virtually hopeless with any short of ranged weapon. Carries a standard shield.
Other: Galdrutt has a highly negative personality and is very cynical, bordering on depression. However, he is loyal at heart and appreciates any good friends. He has a rather unhealthy passion for alchohol.
Character's Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture discribe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.): Dark hair in need of a good wash and comb. Wears an old jerkin, with a shirt of chain mail underneath and on his legs.

Fairly simple, but it's a start. Let the roleplay begin!

- Matt
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Can I have my faction of Paladins and Clerics, the Order of the Winged Key, involved in this?

If not, that's okay, and here's my character:

Character's Name: Lokr
Character's Age: 53
Character's Information (family history, etc.): He became warlord of a tribe of Vikings at the age of 15 when his father, the warchief of a clan, was murdered by ambushing Forestmen. As the young leader, he was targetted by many rivals who wanted his position. He managed to stay alive for many years, and ruled his clan wisely. However, his brother's daughter, Hilga, started a revolution and he was exiled. He has wandered the land since, but is still part of his tribe, whether his niece likes it or not as he has many friends among the Norse.
Character's Faction: Viking, hates Forestmen
Character's Place in Hierarchy: Once warlord, now aging mercenary.
Character's Equipment: Two-handed magic greatsword of the kings, armour, pack with bedding, food, dagger hidden in boot.
Personality: Grown bitter over his overthrowing, he is mean and rude sometimes, but has a kind heart and is fearless and brave in battle.
Character's Looks: Black hair (greying), white eyebrows, eyepatch over one eye, viking armour, red cape, viking helmet with ruby chief's horns.
EDIT: PIC
I wanted to join the old one, but I just didn't have the time to read all the backstory.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Here we go!

Character's Name: Kurtec.
Character's Age: 36
Character's Information: Kurtec was in the Black Falcon military and was rising in rank when a great weapon scam caused him to take the blame. The king new the truth and so privately provided him and a few of his friends with top weapons and told them to do what they want so long as they stay loyal.They generally capture crooks for a fee and act as mercenaries, sometimes travelling well away from the capital and into the wilderness.
Character's Faction: None (Formerly and still loyal Black Falcon)
Character's Place in Hierarchy: Bounty Hunter/ Mercenary
Character's Equipment:Kurtec carries a 'high tec' crossbow with a quick load and pull system that allows him more shots then a normal weapon. He also carries a small sword in case of hand to hand combat.
Other:Kutec is the leader of his little band and is also the main brains. He can devise quick and sufficient setups. He can get very impatient when the others choose not to listen entirely. Since his leave of the castle he has been denied his favorite food, thick cherries grown by the best farmers. He will stop at almost nothing for a good cherry..
Character's Looks Edit:Image

I had this guy planned before I saw any posts. He was going to be in the new faction but that didn't work. So no, this isn't a cheap immitation of Sir Kohran's fellow.

~Ziggy
Last edited by ZIGGY! on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

My character-

Character's Name: James

Character's Age: 18

Character's Information: James lead a pretty boring life up until he joined the Black Falcons at age 16. Since then he has even fought in a couple small battles, which he was surprised he lived through since he is a pretty clumbsy swordsman.

Character's Faction: Black Falcon

Character's Place in Hierarchy: Soldier

Character's Equipment: Carries a small, kite shield and a shortsword. He also wears a silver necklace that he believes is a good luck charm.

Other: James has a nice personality, and no matter how bad things look, he always tries to find something positive about them.

Character's Looks: 'Link
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Mind if I jump in? I guess the other 'New' Roleplay is officially dead now. Oh well. I might still post in it once in a while.

How about making this world as LEGO-oriented as possible? For example, using Studs as a Unit of Measurement instead of Feet or Meters? Then, it'd be standardized, and LEGO-ish!

Anyway, here goes.

Character's Name: Galf Broadspear

Character's Age: 36

Character's Information: Galf was a soldier of King Leo's in his youth, but has since retired from service and taken over his ancestral farm in the mountainous Bulls territory. He lives on this farm with his wife, Marta; his twelve year old daughter, Lirra; and his eight year old son, Kemp.

Character's Faction: KK1/Bulls.

Character's Place in Hierarchy: Farmer/Former soldier

Character's Equipment: Weapons: Sturdy spear, Bulls shield, standard issue coat of mail. He also has farming equipment at his home, and normally wears brown peasant garb.

Other: Galf is a bit of a grump to everyone but his family and close friends, but this is mainly a cover-up for his shyness. If you ask him about the wars, he will usually stare you down and point to the door; as they were disturbing and he doesn't wish to remember them. Once in a while, on holidays or at festivals, he'll join his friends and neighbors in the tavern, but he is sober for the rest of the year.

Character's Looks: I have a drawing of him right in front of me, just need to scan it, but since it's black & white, I'll describe him a bit. Galf is tall, just over six studs, with broad shoulders. He has shoulder length, dusty brown hair, a short beard and a mustache, and thick eyebrows.

Well, that's it for now.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Don't think I have voiced my opinion here. I think that a new roleplay would be great. I enjoyed the second one while it last(just a baby when it died, didn't even have an official name yet). I should be able to make one post a week(hey, I got the weekends!)

Ok, my character:

Character's Name: Enithador
Character's Age: 27
Character's Information (family history, etc.): HE was born into a nobleman's family who owned a small fief(or homested). He grew up there, and, at 13, got his first sword and shield. By 16, he was a great swordsman and was given a suit of armor. He joined the army as soon as he was 18.
Character's Faction (choose from the official factions): Black Falcons!
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasent, knight, etc.): He is the main bugler in the Black Falcon's army.
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.): Lance w/ Black Falcon flag, small kite shield, sword, bugle. He has a full set of standard BF armor.
Other: He is generally good-natured, and has a radiant smile. He is a great swordsman, and had survived 9 years in the military. He can be grim, though. He does not like to be awoken from his sleep.
Character's Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture discribe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.): Here.

Well, there you go. I'm in!

In Christ,[/i]
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I wrote:How about making this world as LEGO-oriented as possible? For example, using Studs as a Unit of Measurement instead of Feet or Meters? Then, it'd be standardized, and LEGO-ish!
Just to expand on this, I've come up with some more terms (well, sort of).

100 studs=1 ceestud (?)

1,000 studs -or- 10 ceestuds= 1 emstud (?)

10,000 studs -or- 10 emstuds= 1 league.

Abbreviations would be One Stud=1s; One Ceestud=1cs; One Emstud=1ms; One League=1l; et cetera.

Thoughts?

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

It's brilliant to see people posting and making new characters. Let's keep this thing going! :)
smcginnis wrote:
I wrote:How about making this world as LEGO-oriented as possible? For example, using Studs as a Unit of Measurement instead of Feet or Meters? Then, it'd be standardized, and LEGO-ish!
Just to expand on this, I've come up with some more terms (well, sort of).

100 studs=1 ceestud (?)

1,000 studs -or- 10 ceestuds= 1 emstud (?)

10,000 studs -or- 10 emstuds= 1 league.

Abbreviations would be One Stud=1s; One Ceestud=1cs; One Emstud=1ms; One League=1l; et cetera.

Thoughts?

~smcginnis
It's a nice system but I think it would be a bit tricky to use instead of meters and miles. If someone types 'he travelled four miles on horseback to the castle' then everyone will know roughly how far that is, but 'he travelled four emstuds to the castle' strikes me as a bit too complicated, and I also think new players might be alienated by a totally new system of measurement. What does everyone else think on this?

- Matt
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

I agree, it was a good idea, but a system that most people are already familiar with would be better.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Well, yeah, I'm fine with that. The reason I proposed this though was because here on classic-castle we have people who use both Metric and Imperial, and this would be universal.

Oh well.

;)

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Character's Name: Quolde

Character's Age: 357

Character's Information: Quolde's parents were Huberd (the son of Majisto) and Creela (the daughter of Willa and Basil). As such he is hated by both the Dragon Masters and the Fright Knights. He worked for a time as court mage to the Black Falcons, but was thrown out about a hundred years ago for his unorthodox methods. He now resides in a large volcano in the Taurus Mountains, locally known as the Fire Mountain.

Character's Faction: None currently, formerly Black Falcons.

Character's Place in Hierarchy: Factionless sorcerer, very dangerous indeed.

Character's Equipment: Quolde is odd among modern sorcerers in that he refuses to use a staff, preferring the outdated wand. Said wand is glow-in-the-dark and transparent red, as it was forged from the same materials as both of his magical grandparents' wands were.

Other: Quolde is extremely impatient, and doesn't like being ordered around. This was another reason he was fired from his Court Mage position. He is absolutely on the side of good; however, he sometimes isn't exactly sure which side that is.

Character's Looks: Quolde dresses entirely in red, except for his hat, which is either purple or black, depending on his mood. He has a long white beard. Imperial Guard torso, red arms, hands, hips and legs, Willa or Majisto wand, purple or black wizard hat, classic smiley, white beard. If I build him though, he'll have a Basil torso instead, as I don't have a Guard one; I also don't have a black hat. PIC

~smcginnis

EDIT: Okay, now there's a pic, and I've changed him a little. The red arms just didn't look right. Also, in case there was any confusion, I meant this Imperial Guard, not the Pirates ones.
Last edited by smcginnis on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I hope everyone's having fun! There is just one thing that's bothering me. Can we get just a slight lay of the land? No details, terrain, cities, nothing. I just need to know where each kingdom is regarding the other. So far we know that the Bulls and KK1 are alongside one another and that the Crusaders are very close. Where are the Black Falcons? I personally think they shoul as well be nearby.

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

I concure. I think a map of the kingdoms would be a very good idea. Maybe Scmaginnis or Amanda could do one? They did a good job with the (dead) roleplay's map.

My 2 cents,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I don't know really. A map would probably be a good thing, but so far it seems as if we don't really need one yet. Maybe after a while, when we truly are in need of a map somebody could make one?

For now, maybe just a rough 'graph' of where the kingdom boundries are would be good enough for now.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Lamanda2 wrote:I don't know really. A map would probably be a good thing, but so far it seems as if we don't really need one yet. Maybe after a while, when we truly are in need of a map somebody could make one?

For now, maybe just a rough 'graph' of where the kingdom boundries are would be good enough for now.

~Amanda
Yeah, I'm just making a mock-up right now of the general locations of Leonopolis, Galf's village, the Taurus Mtns, and the Fire Mountain. Just outlines and dots.

~smcginnis

Edit: Here's a link:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/smcginnis/Te ... ock_up.png
Last edited by smcginnis on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.