Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I love the peasant army! Very nicely done.

The size of the Dragon masters and Black falcons blows my mind. :shock: Those are two awesome armies. I wish they were a touch more spread out so I could see all of the custom stuff on them. I noted a few custom decals on the guys and would love to see closeups. This is a nitpick but I don't like the vladek horse armor with the black falcons. The colors are just too different. Just my personal preference.

I am just curious. If you have one faction that is that large do you have other factions to try to match them?

My largest faction is about 300 figs and I have atleast 25 figs (usually more) of every faction lego castle has ever made. I love large armies but if I let one get ginormous I feel I would go crazy trying to make all of the rest catch up with them. I guess I want my armies to be able to compete against one another. Do any on you feel the same?

Dano I like those custom guys but can barely see them. Can you give close ups of them too?
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

DaleDVM wrote:Dano I like those custom guys but can barely see them. Can you give close ups of them too?
I can, but my friend hasn't emailed me the rest of my pics yet. I'll post them as soon as I get them.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

DaleDVM wrote:
My largest faction is about 300 figs and I have atleast 25 figs (usually more) of every faction lego castle has ever made. I love large armies but if I let one get ginormous I feel I would go crazy trying to make all of the rest catch up with them. I guess I want my armies to be able to compete against one another. Do any on you feel the same?
My collection goes back to the Yellow Castle and I feel the same in that I don't want one army significantly larger than the others. My KKI faction used to be the largest. When I started collecting I was still in college so funds for LEGO were limited. I bought all of the Lion Knights ('80s version) I could afford from a part-time job(30-40). Long story short I find I can afford more LEGO now so the factions out now have an advantage over earlier ones.
KKI came out and I had to get the figures. They were great. Then I started going back to the Royal Knights and buying them. I did this during the KKII phase. Now my money is buying Orcs, Dwarves, and supporting figures(heros) for my Crown faction. I tried to limit my Crown faction to the size of my KKI faction but I have the fever. :twisted: That "buy all the LEGO in range" fever.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:I tried to limit my Crown faction to the size of my KKI faction but I have the fever. :twisted: That "buy all the LEGO in range" fever.
Amen brother. I have the sickness too! Went to Bricklink this morning looking for short capes and came away with parts for 20 more dwarves.

Yes freinds, the armies of the Kingdom of Tubobricks (name change pending) and its arch nemesis, The Black Duke, are coming together nicely. :x

Army pics in a few weeks after I get some BL stuff.
Muskey15
Journeyman

Post by Muskey15 »

My largest faction is crownies, at 58, followed by skellies at 40, orcs at 14, and black falcons at 2. Well, here's hoping i get more from parents :wink:

-Muskey
Last edited by Muskey15 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~His Lowness Seamus O'Callaghan of Lenfald~

"You call this archaeology?"

Lenfels ASSEMBLE!
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

DaleDVM wrote:Dano I like those custom guys but can barely see them. Can you give close ups of them too?
Finally got them. :mrgreen:
Gallery when moderated.
Random Deeplink:
knightsstronghold
Serf

Post by knightsstronghold »

My armies are currently:

Dragon Masters-13
Crusaders-9
Royal Knights-9
Forestmen-7
Black Monarchs-4
Wolfpack-4
Black Falcons-3
Bulls-2

I plan on increasing the size of all my armies in the near future.
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

my biggest army is abit small..
24crownies (6 more dwarves)
3servants of king mounted.
1mage mounted.
1general mounted custom.
1chariot 4xbow 2sniper (musket).
2spearmen.
2siege weapons 1ballista 1 steam rapidfire xbow cannon
5''militia''
1siege master
and 6 dwarves
yes,yes, and 2 flagbearers
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

My largest army is of Crown Knights, with about 120 in all. All my red castle figs and all my blue castle figs are grouped together to form Sanguinia and Azuria, respectively, with about forty figs each.

A friend of mine, who used to collect Lego, has stopped being interested in it; I'm hoping to buy his collection from him, or at least his 500-700 minifigures. Poor guy. Lucky me. :D
HeartOfDorkness
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:My largest army is of Crown Knights, with about 120 in all. All my red castle figs and all my blue castle figs are grouped together to form Sanguinia and Azuria, respectively, with about forty figs each.

A friend of mine, who used to collect Lego, has stopped being interested in it; I'm hoping to buy his collection from him, or at least his 500-700 minifigures. Poor guy. Lucky me. :D
how much you are gonna offer?
if he sell 500figs under 200dollars WOAH :mrgreen:
Umm, later. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=WARork it's it's.. full of junk!:D

''mah orcs are owks!''
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:Since I'm here, I might ask a simple question :wink:

Can they be custom factions? Or do they need to be official?

God bless.

Tom
That's what I am at - My biggest "faction" is simply my own faction. Custom made red and black wearing infantry - and then grey and red archers...

besides that, Crown Knights, and I ebayed for a handful of Scalemail Knights, though they tend to be rather pricey.
Rick-Ricks
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by Rick-Ricks »

My bigest faction would be a combo. I also spread "faction Parts" (like dragon helms) onto generic figs, to make my factions look bigger.
I think my biggist faction using only faction parts would be wolfpack at 3, but i normally mix factions into alliances when needed and spread the faction parts as stated.
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

I'd like to add to my earlier post that my now 150+ Crown knights and 90+ dark knights are all "hybrids", not stock minifigs out of any official set. This is probably the case with most of us here.

I like to play around with torsos, heads, headgear and weapons to create clearly distinguished 12-man companies and one sergeant for each.

In the case of Crown knights, a lot of Bricklinking was needed to eliminate most of the light gray from the colour scheme (hips&legs for all, also arms and helmets for knights). I used some of the Viking torsos, too, which blend very well with the Crown ones.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
WARork
Apprentice

Post by WARork »

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=330286
heres crownies missing 6 or 7 dwarves

''mah orcs are owks!''