same
10%
not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

But he does have his fantastic wagon og magic with a big rock piece on it! And a horse IS actually draging it...:D

I do not see why the solid plastic shield is better then the cardborde thing, you can use them as wall decoration but other thaen that, they are useless either way!

MERRY X-MAS!

JOEL!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

What? Did they make cardboard shields last year? :shock:
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Yupp...
or cardbord...maybe it was rather some kind of soft plastic thing. They used it for the shields on the Vladet Attack Kit siege tower. It was terrible!

JOEL!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Guys don't loose all hope for brown horses just yet. If you rember the firts pictures of the KKII a long whild before release there were still older visors and other parts that did not make the final release. Prehaps (let us hope) TLC only has white and black horses in their factories right now -which does make a great deal of sense. No new brown horses have been made yet, so the set designers could not use them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some newbrown horses or maybe even grey? dark grey? tan? appear in the 2005 KKII.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Well maybe The Rouge Knights will have Multicolored horses! :D

Dave
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Dragon Master wrote:Guys don't loose all hope for brown horses just yet. If you rember the firts pictures of the KKII a long whild before release there were still older visors and other parts that did not make the final release.
You must remember that these photos are actual catolog pictures, not photos of the sets in the pre-design stages. The first pictures of KK2, which were released last year were never used in any lego promotional material. It is possible that there are additional sets which will not be shown until summer or fall, but the sets we see here are likely finalized. Still, one can only hope.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

From Swiftone(who is part of the KK team)
I don't know about Vladek's visor[being a prototype version or not], but as far as I know the helmets and colors on the Knight mini-figs in those pictures are accurate to the final product.

By the way, the designers tell me that the new 2005 castle is the biggest castle set we've ever made, in both piece count and dimensions!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Sir_Marcellus wrote: By the way, the designers tell me that the new 2005 castle is the biggest castle set we've ever made, in both piece count and dimensions!
[/quote]

Sounds good to me! That just means that the good castle days are (could Be) somewhat back :wink:

Dave
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

What I meant by the cardboard things.... The paperish, thin plastic shields. I am not really sure what they're made out of, but all I know for sure is I felt like it was a bit of a rip off.

I mean, I think the plastic shield things look like a little better quality than the laminated playing card-feeling shields.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Yeah, that's true, I did feel a little ripped off when I got the stuff, makes no sence really.

My brother got the great tournament as a christmas gift yesterday and it too had two of those horrible things. Still makes no sence in the set. Stupid things!

But then I wonder if this new kind of thing is actually solid plastic (In that case will it be very heavy?) or is it some kind of hollow plastic stuff thats going to feel like Bionicle left overs?

I guess I'll know if I buy the set:D

Joel.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

From what I can tell from the picture they look sort of sturdy. They kind of have to be if those 2 by 4 studs are going to be functional.

They look a little odd slapped onto the side of that seige tower. Looks very heavy almost like the rainbow knights couldn't hire any grunt soldiers to push it. It's not going to do any good standing still

The ones in the tournament set are supposed too look like banners I guess. In my opinion they seem more in context on the tournament than the bulkier plastic ones do in the new set(8875).
It's a Christmas Miracle!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

A vast improvement. I didn't read all 6 pages of posts, but has anyone figured out what that odd chrome thingy is on top of the gate tower?

I notice a trend back to regular colors, regular sheilds and so forth, very promising, though still too outlandish. There are lots of great parts here though.

Please someone bring me up to speed on the gargoyles, sorcerer and rogues--what's that all about?

All tolled, I'd say this is a big step forward.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

The Blue Knight wrote:Has anyone figured out what that odd chrome thingy is on top of the gate tower?

[snip]

Please someone bring me up to speed on the gargoyles, sorcerer and rogues--what's that all about?
As far as we can tell, the chrome thing is a chrome version of the Vladek megaknight's helmet. And the gargoyles, sorceror, and rogue knights showed up in a poster that came with one of the Lego magazines. Porschem2 posted a scan of it. This was in the thread called "New KK2 characters". The thought is that these are new characters but they may only be in the story, not in sets. We will just have to see. :)
porschecm2 wrote:Here's a *large* scan of the cards.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porsc ... rscan1.jpg

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]