Shall we see more soon...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Shall we see more soon...

Post by Sir Brithead »

So, Star Wars has new sets every six months and the pictures usually show up six months early of the up coming sets. We saw the pictures of this new Castle line about six months ago and now it is out.

Do you think we should see the next set pictures real soon?( More than the Skeleton Boat of course.) Or will Castle be on a year rotation instead?

PS did everybody read on FBTB that LEGO has the rights to Indiana Jones?
morningstar
Villein

Re: Shall we see more soon...

Post by morningstar »

Sir Brithead wrote: PS did everybody read on FBTB that LEGO has the rights to Indiana Jones?
Saw that and I'm pumped.

Don't get ahead of yourself, I'm still waiting for the new Castle to come to Target/Wally World!
"Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD;Awake as in the days of old, the generations of long ago Was it not You who pierced the dragon?"
- Isaiah 51:9
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

morningstar wrote:Do you think we should see the next set pictures real soon?( More than the Skeleton Boat of course.) Or will Castle be on a year rotation instead?
I sure hope so! It looks like it is going to be a very busy year. Maybe, hopefully a stormtroop battlepack that you were mentioning!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Donut wrote:
morningstar wrote:Do you think we should see the next set pictures real soon?( More than the Skeleton Boat of course.) Or will Castle be on a year rotation instead?
I sure hope so! It looks like it is going to be a very busy year. Maybe, hopefully a stormtroop battlepack that you were mentioning!
I need a full year just to get all the stuff that's out and impending this summer/fall!!! :shock:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
PRESTON
Serf

Post by PRESTON »

I hope we see the next wave of the Castle line soon. I am really hoping for a different large castle than the one in this wave. Mayby even a small castle on the scale of BFF, that I can buy two of.
Really don't want to buy the Castle Siege because of that silly useless dragon.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

PRESTON wrote:I hope we see the next wave of the Castle line soon. I am really hoping for a different large castle than the one in this wave. Mayby even a small castle on the scale of BFF, that I can buy two of.
Really don't want to buy the Castle Siege because of that silly useless dragon.
You could always sell or trade the Dragon away if that's your only complaint. It's really not that bad you know.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Shall we see more soon...

Post by architect »

Sir Brithead wrote:Do you think we should see the next set pictures real soon?( More than the Skeleton Boat of course.) Or will Castle be on a year rotation instead?
I need to remind everyone that posting leaked images violates the Classic Castle terms of service: http://www.classic-castle.com/tos.html
Unless LEGO officially announces new sets or places the images on LEGO.com, we usually consider it a leak.
PS did everybody read on FBTB that LEGO has the rights to Indiana Jones?
Yes. LEGO now has a press release about this line. Please post about it in the General LEGO thread and not in the LEGO Castle Sets forum. Thanks!

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Preston wrote:Really don't want to buy the Castle Siege because of that silly useless dragon.
I on the contrary like the dragon, but most people seem to not like it. Why is that?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Donut wrote:I on the contrary like the dragon, but most people seem to not like it. Why is that?
It is because when we buy a castle, we just want a castle and figures. If the dragon had been in another set, there could have easily been 3-4 more guys defending the castle (archers, axemen, etc). The new dragons are nice but I would prefer if they were in their own sets, and not the castle. Of course some kids like attacking their castle with a dragon, which will increase sales.

Ben
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

On the subject of more sets to come (including the dwarfs and trolls), Eurobricks found some intresting info out on another new set:

"Here is what CC member MarioDAlessio wrote on the Castle 2007 topic":
Hello Classic-Castle

I got a copy yesterday of the new Australia/New Zealand 2007 Lego Catalogue available at Myer stores. It has the new Castle range displayed over two pages.

As well as showing set 7029 Skeleton Ship Attack, it also displays set 7036 Dwarfs Mining as a Selected Retailers Only set.

The release date for sets 7029 & 7036 in OZ and NZ are not shown.

After googling I could not find any other information on this set, the picture shows the set has;
• At least 4x Dwarf miners battling 2x Knights and a large troll with a club.
• The set appears to contain unique dwarf helmets (Similar to Vikings), the new round shield with crown logos and the 2x Knights have flaming swords.

I will be interested to see more details/pictures of this set.

Regards
Mario
Thanks to Shakar for the info.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Edit:
Sorry if this has been posted already.

What part of

Quote:

Did you miss?
Hehe, obviously the whole thing. My bad, I guess in my exictement I didn't really read that line. :P
Last edited by Graynar on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Graynar wrote:Sorry if this has been posted already.
What part of
Did you miss?

It's in the Consolodation thread, page 38. I'll probably split it off, though.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

architect wrote:
Donut wrote:I on the contrary like the dragon, but most people seem to not like it. Why is that?
It is because when we buy a castle, we just want a castle and figures. If the dragon had been in another set, there could have easily been 3-4 more guys defending the castle (archers, axemen, etc). The new dragons are nice but I would prefer if they were in their own sets, and not the castle. Of course some kids like attacking their castle with a dragon, which will increase sales.

Ben
Ah I see thanks for explaining that point of view to me.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Getting back on topic...I don't really want another wave of Castle too soon. There's already too much great stuff to buy and I don't think I could take anymore.

- Matt
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I agree with Sir Kohran. If they release castle sets every six months it might lead to a castle overload. (is there such a thing?) I like the yearly schedule that they have now. I don't have a money tree in my backyard so it takes a little bit of time to get the sets I want so a year's breathing space between set releases is a good flow IMO.

Now I don't mind smaller sets coming out around Christmas time as stocking stuffers.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Coatsy wrote:I agree with Sir Kohran. If they release castle sets every six months it might lead to a castle overload. (is there such a thing?) I like the yearly schedule that they have now. I don't have a money tree in my backyard so it takes a little bit of time to get the sets I want so a year's breathing space between set releases is a good flow IMO.

Now I don't mind smaller sets coming out around Christmas time as stocking stuffers.
True. Besides, everything out and coming out is focused on army building. What I'd like to see in an expansion are the following:

1. A small village chapel with a graveyard being exhumed for more evil skeletons!

2. A village horse-barn with a blacksmithy and a guardshack.

3. A traveler's tavern with a few guards (off-duty, of course) and some peasants.

4. A village market and apothacary for warding of evil skeletons with a selection of carrots, PITCHFORKS and potions. Miracle Max and his wife are of course a no brainer. :wink:

5. A nice little figure & horse expansion set / army builder too.

If that were included in this Castle theme running currently, I'd probably have a major stroke.