CCC entry: the legend of the Turkish head

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Mani
Villein

CCC entry: the legend of the Turkish head

Post by Mani »

CCC entry by me and my sister, for the medieval legends category.

Brickshelf gallery

The legend itself is quite obscure, perhaps dating from the 14th century and as far as I know only existing in Norway, and goes as following: During their invasion of the Byzanthine Empire, the Turks attacked with an enormous, grotesque head of mysterious origins. The head was so terrible that it caused those who saw it to drop dead. When the Turks reached the walls of Constantinople, the patriarch of the city showed the Turks and the head an image of Mary, mother of Christ. When the head saw this holy image, it died instantly, and the siege was lifted.

The story makes no sense, of course, but we think it would be cool to illustrate it. Please comment if you want to.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

What an interesting legend!

The 'head' in your MOC looks like one of the characters from 'The Simpsons' cartoons, but that's good enough to scare away any minifig army! Nice work! 8)
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

That's an odd story. Though I bet it would make a great Johnny Thunder adventure.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]