Airships?

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

In response to the original question, about if you use airships: No. I find my building style is to traditional midieval to go that far into sorcery. While certain wizards in my castle realm have the ability to "fly" a flying machine is (again) too fantasy style for me.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I wouldn't mind putting in a Zeppelin of some sort, or perhaps something like the Dwarven Flying Machine from the Warcraft games... However, if I built the Flying Machine, I would find it necessary to put in some sort of gear-driven propellor system that the fig would have to manually operate. I have no problem using magic as an explanation for my creations, but sometimes it's neat to have things work by more conventional means.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Well. I ahve never built an airship. I might....someday :roll: . That airship of yours looks really nice LR. Yours too Rascal King
Space rocks.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Formendacil wrote:Are you sure you aren't thinking about Starships? Or Star Destroyers? :wink:
no. I'm not talking about star destroyers or starships. I'm talking about the prize of the kingdom. an airship may be fantasy, but they are really awesome in storys and other things. and it's fun to have sword fights on right on top of the ship :)

LR
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, I have never made an airship before, or even thought about making one. But this has made me think. Who knows, maybe I will someday.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I think every one should build atleast one airship and see if it fitts into there story.

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

lone ranger wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Are you sure you aren't thinking about Starships? Or Star Destroyers? :wink:
no. I'm not talking about star destroyers or starships. I'm talking about the prize of the kingdom. an airship may be fantasy, but they are really awesome in storys and other things. and it's fun to have sword fights on right on top of the ship :)

LR
I agree. In one of my lego games, which I'll always remember, my sig-fig, Steven Augustus, bombed the city of New Lions in his tremendous air-galleon. There was a great battle there, too. The ship ended up crashing into the city and exploding.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

see. they can be really fun in storys :D

LR
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I never said that they couldn't be fun: I was just asking about the inspiration. Was the original intention to make a medieval/fantasy Star Destroyer. Did it influence the design whatever the original intention? :wink:
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Just letting you all know. I'm making plans for a airship. and soon I will start making it 8)

LR
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Great! Post some pics when its done! :D
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

okey. I'm still working on the plans though soo you will haft to wait :D

LR
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Take your time, no rush, but when you do, I hope to see it.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.