KK2 "Knights"? (how will you use them)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

If you were to ever own KK2 Knights, what rank would they hold?

King (spare me)
2%
Knight
25%
Peasant
No votes
Prisoner
6%
Emissary or Ambassidor
10%
Taking up space in a box
15%
Other
42%

Total votes: 52

DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Knight Names

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Well, I voted for other -- which mostly means These Are The Parts I Give To My Kids. In all, not too bad, really -- but, way to decorative for me. Parts? Maybe. Prisoners? Possibly.

I am, however, suggesting 'official' names for these escapees from the Beville sets:

Purple: Sir Fancy Pants
Red: Sir Angry but Impotent
Black: Sir Maladjusted
Blue: Sir Sweetness
Green: Sir Undecided

Well, on second thought, maybe I do need 100 copies of Sir Maladjusted around ......

Dave O
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I, as well, will use them as flamboyant mercenaries. I plan to give them black "johnny thunder" hats and plumes in fancy colours.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Green Fox wrote:I, as well, will use them as flamboyant mercenaries. I plan to give them black "johnny thunder" hats and plumes in fancy colours.
Now here's a man who knows how it's to be done! :)
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I will paint them then make them knights.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

I'll use them as knights because... they are knights.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

*on evil Borg voice*

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. :twisted:

*off evil Borg voice*

No Jellybean will be left together!!! Head's for main characters, armor for elves, barbarians, or fools (depending on the color), torso's for stickers, and the helmets collecting dust of the shelf!

If I was forced for some reason to keep them together, they would be target practice for my Forestmen archers! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hmm. Really anything. I'm kind of undecided.
Space rocks.
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

I love the classic legos much more then the new stuff that the lego company is pumping out in their fancy non-traditional boxes, however, i do use the teal knights in my black falcon army (even though they form a subdivision of men). I do this mostly because they have falcon emblems on their shields. There are ways to incorporate the new knights into your army, even if it is just as an auxiliary unit of soldiers. In my opinion, though, you should be careful not to have too many different groups of mercenaries in one army.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Daimyo wrote:I do like the idea of them as Emissaries; Their outlandish color scheme is appropriate for a show-offish, snooty diplomatic type.
I agree with show-offish and snooty... and that's why I turned the purple one into the knight who thinks he's God's gift to women. I kept his body the same, but I put the head and hairpiece from the Gilderoy Lockhart figure out him. Now he's got that obnoxious smirk and those lovely blonde locks that the women go nuts for. Then I gave him a shield with the hearts and unicorn design on it, and he carrys around a lute for serenading purposes.
Oh yes, he's a ladies' man.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I am waiting for a sale, because I have a few ideas what to do with a few of these guys and I am just waiting for a sale so I can take some pics. :)

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I will make sure I give them grey, so a grey helm with the purple visor, and grey torso and legs with purple armor. That way they won't seem so colorful.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

The KK2

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

I'm using them for parts. Except the scorpion army - I think I'll keep them the way they are. No problemos.

But as for Green, Blue, Purple and Red - parts parts parts.

I wanna keep them as generals sort of ... but I'm not going with the solid color look they have. I'll mix it up - Light Blue and black, red and grey ... different faces. All my minifigs are custom anyway, with the exception of basic troops.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I plan to switch out their bodies with different colors to make them look a little less unicolor, and possibly the helms as well.

After that, they will become the armor of Clan Nobles, leaders of what is left of the Clans in the small village at the foot of Triark Mountain. Huddled together to defend... oops... there I go saying too much again ;)

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Interesting, interesting.....

The future Mrs. Sava, if you are listening, let it be known that there could be considerable profits in learning and releasing all that is to be learned about the future of Ikros.

And Anthony, if she IS listening, make SURE you go easy on the wedding wine.
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

What would I make with the new knights ???

The black knights (Valdek) will be with a head of skeleton to make knights of death !!! :twisted:
They will not have their shield nor their red sword (I would give them a mass of my creation)
The head will be useful for some of my Fright Knights and bulls.

The black guards of Valdek don't have a specific role yet but I would find easily... :wink:

The magician of the citadel will remain a magician: as it is of another brown and another dark gray, I can't modify it... :(

I would do anything with the king because I don't project to buy it :twisted:

The knights multicolors surely will remain on the rack except their heads and the green knight who will haven't an armour (I don't buy the castle, just the citadel)
Superdada, grand général des armées Léonidienne