I need a baseplate for my 7094 King's Castle Siege

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
KingDavid
Apprentice

I need a baseplate for my 7094 King's Castle Siege

Post by KingDavid »

I need a baseplate for my King's Castle Siege set, so that I can tile the floor and make some interior walls. The LEGO web site says that the castle is 15" wide. So I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if it would fit on this 15" x 15" X-Large Gray Baseplate:

Thanks. :)
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

I'm hoping to get the Castle Siege set for Christmas and I already have that baseplate. So I should know for certain on Christmas.
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

I have checked that and it almost fits on the plate, so i would say yes you can use it to give your castle a nice floor.

CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Interior walls?

so you're going ot make it...........more of a manor or?

Will there be a roof?
Domino Gloria!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Yep that'll fit, King David.
The baseplate will stick out a bit front or back (or a bit on both), but I'm sure you can add some grass (normal green plates) and plants to make that look nice. But the baseplate will make a nice base for you to add tiles and interior walls or a well or some fences or anything for that matter.
Just keep in mind that that big baseplate is quite bendy and won't make for a stable base if you plan to pick the castle up after attaching it to the plate.
What I usually do with a creation on a baseplate is move a little wooden plate under it to be able to lift it up without bending the baseplate and making some walls tear off as an effect of that.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

I could use some green and grey baseplates. I have a lot of blue and desert-coloured ones.
Avatar: Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
annie2200
Freeman

Post by annie2200 »

I set mine on this plate, and I'm building a blue moat around it. I also sectioned off some interior rooms for servants. I think the grey looks good.
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last