65%
Long crome knight sword.
20%

Total votes: 40

Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

The 'zweihander'
Just take a silver long sword and made it a little longer with the lightsaber thing.
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Luís wrote:
Barbapple wrote:While we're saying what you didn't include...
What about the saber?
And the Orient Expodition Skimitar?

Well, they all have their place :wink:
Well, I wanna keep on the ocidental castle because those are the castles we most consider. Orient Expedition " Alfange "(the Portuguese name for skimitar) and saber can't be used in correct castle. But if you put fantasy who knows?
Technically you could put the scimitar in. The scimitar was used by the Arabs of the Middle Ages, and would thus have been found on genuine medieval battlefields in Spain (betwixt the Spaniards and the Moors), and in Palestine (betwixt the Crusaders and the Saracens.)

Not central-Europe medieval, but certainly WELL within the traditionally-envisioned middle ages.

And how about some Barbary pirates (although I think that they actually came onto the scene somewhat after the medieval period.)
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Formendacil wrote: And how about some Barbary pirates (although I think that they actually came onto the scene somewhat after the medieval period.)
The Barbary pirates operated out of Tunis, Tripoli, Algiers, Salè and ports in Morocco, preying on shipping in the western Mediterranean Sea from the time of the Crusades until the early 19th century... so you could count them too.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
DawnCrusader
Serf

Post by DawnCrusader »

Hey Luís :)
I was to say my favorite sword is the chrome sword, but after some thought, I decided to vote on the short broadsword. It's simply the most proporcional Lego sword, and its color seems the most realistic too.
BUT, the most beautiful sword is without a doubt, the chrome sword... I would use it only on main characters / Heroes.
"Strength and Honor"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

One good thing about the the long broadsword that I don't think anybody has mentioned:
With it's wide blade and crossguard, it rests rather nicely in the hole in the back of a cloth cape. That way it looks like the sword is sheathed in a backhanging baldric.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The short sword is the best for minifigs. The shiny longsword may be looking nice and heroic but can't be wielded easily by the legoputanian minifigs.

For some reason I like the shape of the samurai sword a lot, though it's not exactly the type of sword a European knight would use. I voted for it nevertheless...

Bye
Jojo

Andrew_sension
Peasant

Post by Andrew_sension »

hmm i just like the small grey sword the best. i cant stand the japanese Katana. and the long chrome sword is cool, but i would rather have a bunch of the small swords than any of the chromies
"Acetominophen you see the medicine, oh girl!"
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

The short sword is the best for minifigs. The shiny longsword may be looking nice and heroic but can't be wielded easily by the legoputanian minifigs.

For some reason I like the shape of the samurai sword a lot, though it's not exactly the type of sword a European knight would use. I voted for it nevertheless...

Bye
Jojo

Well, if you read some mid-age story books you would see that the English peasents used in their revolucion, between other weapons they used long knifes simmilar to lego katana.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

I pretty much use the short knight swords. The chrome sword I only use to make the hero stand out in a battle--in my LotR story Aragorn and Gandalf carry these. I've also used the katana for my orcs to give them something distinctive. I just got a bunch of Blasterman Jeff's scimitars to arm an orc faction. I've only got a couple of the official scimitars, but I think they're way too large.

Bruce
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ya, besides, scmitars are more african-asian type weapons, and when we talk castle I think we mean more Europeish. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

The light gray short sword...
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Robin Hood wrote:Ya, besides, scmitars are more african-asian type weapons, and when we talk castle I think we mean more Europeish. :wink:
What if we are talking about the crusades...