Best Lego Injury?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:18 am

Stepped on brick; fell out window
23%
Flying brick causing bruises
5%
Flying brick drawing blood
32%
Brick insertion (ala Malcom in the Middle)
5%
Loss of vision due to poking, thrusting or otherwise bad stuff happening
5%
Never happened...never will
32%

Total votes: 22

Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

My injury was a huge cut from a plate (in think the kind that Morcia lies on, thr big retangular black one) My cousin was playing with the bricks when he was over, and when I told him he had to clean up, he started crying, and getting mad at me. He flung that plate around, which had a chip in a corner, and scracthed me above my left eye. It bled alot, and I have a scar which is almost invisible now. Unless I point it out, you may not see it.
This happened about 2 years ago.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

my worst lego accsident was hmm i stepped on a brick.
then fell out the window in second floor hit my friend and he broke the neck, then the roof fell of the house and all my lego got buried under a ton of stone

(i got carried away, sorry)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

This guy was rescued, but the professor guy from Adventurers with the gOOgly-eyes suffered a terrible fate inflicted by the same villian.

...oh wait! You mean painful injury inflicted upon me by Lego or painful injury to the Lego?

:lol:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, there was this one time that I was building Lego on the garage roof (ssshhh! No Questions!), and I reached for the bucket of grey pieces, which I hit instead of grabbed. The pieces went falling, and so did I, and we both fell off the garage (yes, it was a five-storey fall).

The bricks hit the ground, but I didn't. My pants had caught on the windowsill of the second-floor window (yes, it was a BIG garage), ripping the pants, and slowing my momentum enough that I only broke three limbs on hitting the ground, and didn't need to get a coffin (although as my centre kidney was speared our Limo's antenna, I have since had to get by on two kidneys).

Then the limo backed away (the chauffeur always hated me for being his boss's son), and I fell off (breaking the antenna), and landed on the highway (seven lanes, no meridian), and was driven over by several semis before I was airlifted to the hospital, where the doctors sewed me back together.

Think I'm telling the truth???

I hope not.

In all seriousness, I have never done more than step on a piece and yell. In a couple of truly unfortunate episodes, I broke the minifig's hand.

I feel like dirt.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Some of you have been very lucky, others... well we didn't have much luck. I almost forgot a story about stepping on a 2 x 4 yellow brick.(Story is real).

It was dark in my basement because we threw a breaker. My old place had no windows in the basement and the wiring was old and crummy so we threw breakers often. Pain in the Megablocks I have to say. Anyway I was about 1/2 of the way down the stairs when a vile 2 x 4 yellow brick decided I didn't need to be upright to navigate stairs. :evil: Anyway I stepped on the darn thing and lost my footing, I landed hard on my Megablocks and then proceeded to bounce end over end down the stairs twice. The momentum was amazing, I am a 225 pound guy and when I fall, I fall big. Aside for some bruises, and a rather painful foot/ankle. I was in pretty decent shape so this was not my most painful story, butt...

...The brick was not ok, I am not sure what the interaction between my foot and the brick was, but that brick shattered into about 7 pieces and partially imbedded itself into my wooden stairs. I am fortunate I wasn't cut by the shards from the brick. I was just amazed at the damage my foot could do to a 2 x 4 brick. Protect your bricks, keep them out of the way of my feet. :twisted:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but if I can't here, I can't anywhere...

My most serious Lego injury required a trip to the ER. It seems that somehow a blue 1 x 1 plate became, well, lodged in my sinus cavity.

(I think a black hole was instantaneously created there and its unlimited thirst for matter mysteriously sucked the piece right up my nose. OK, maybe not, but that sounds better than "I thought it would be cool to stick it up my nose and then blow it out on my sister." Little boys are so gross with their play.)

I made sure on the way home from the hospital that they had given us the piece back.

For years, my dad kept this piece separately. Now he delights in telling the story to my wife, and I'm sure my son will hear it when he's a little older. Dad seemed a little miffed when I told him that the piece had been returned to its rightful place in the active building collection.

I still snicker a bit when I see a 1 x 1 blue plate. If I haven't grown out of it by now, I won't.

Thanks for not mocking me (too much, anyway).

Carl
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Most Painfull Lego Injury (or best)

Post by footsteps »

Ya know, all we need now is for a lawyer to read this thread, and the next thing you know... class action lawsuit against TLC!!!!

I can see it now: every Lego set comes with a small tome of documentation that must be read, signed (by parent or guardian if under 18 yrs old), notarized, and submitted to TLC before the box is allowed to be opened. A small industry developes to offer courses in Certified Safe Lego Builder certificates which will be sufficient to bypass the notarization part of the aforesaid tome of documents. Warning labels on each box: Caution - improper use of contents could cause loss of blood, blindness, lacerations, and heightened dread of walking barefoot in your own home. Use of contents for other than pictured set will result in the voiding of all warantees, written or implied, and absolve TLC from all writs, worts, torts, tarts, or non-specific flatulance. The extent of 'juniorization' of pieces will continue until sets of the size of Castle of Morcia come as 1 piece wonders.

Sheesh. Let's try to be more careful, people. Okay? :wink:

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Dire Avenger
Villein

Post by Dire Avenger »

Hehehehe....I didnt step on a LEGO brick. I fell on one. Or, more precisely, an entire table full of them.

You see, my bed basically one of those bunks-over-each-other beds, only the bottom bunk is gone (i use the area for storage space). Anyway, there used to be no railing on the side of my bed and i had a table underneath it. So anyway, one morning, i fell out of bed. Onto the table. Which had every last brick on it, since i had been sorting them the day before. After landing on mounts of lego bricks like some strange dragon i then fell off, hit my head on the ladder that goes up into my bed and got knocked out for about five seconds.

Trust me- falling on a tableful of legos isnt fun. Especially when you fall on them from five feet ABOVE them.

-DA
Always remember....A toothpick in time saves nine. Only, what the heck does that mean?
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I have had a complete redbeard runner thrown at my face. I suffered a large...gash.

Also, I once tripped on a brick (2X4) and fell into my gran, who was carrying a pan of boiling water. Burnt most of the skin off my face.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

cnelson wrote:I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but if I can't here, I can't anywhere...

My most serious Lego injury required a trip to the ER. It seems that somehow a blue 1 x 1 plate became, well, lodged in my sinus cavity.

(I think a black hole was instantaneously created there and its unlimited thirst for matter mysteriously sucked the piece right up my nose. OK, maybe not, but that sounds better than "I thought it would be cool to stick it up my nose and then blow it out on my sister." Little boys are so gross with their play.)

I made sure on the way home from the hospital that they had given us the piece back.

For years, my dad kept this piece separately. Now he delights in telling the story to my wife, and I'm sure my son will hear it when he's a little older. Dad seemed a little miffed when I told him that the piece had been returned to its rightful place in the active building collection.

I still snicker a bit when I see a 1 x 1 blue plate. If I haven't grown out of it by now, I won't.

Thanks for not mocking me (too much, anyway).

Carl
ok - i have to say that this is the only post in this thread that i laughed out loud at. The others either made me wince, or cringe, or shudder with sympathy, but this one... :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

:D
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yes, the Lego up the nose article was very funny. I must say that I laughed at all the posts though. There is something inherently evil about laughing at the misfortune of others, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't. Even my own story would have made me laugh if it had not been my own. Cardinal rule I use: "If it didn't hurt me, its funny!" I know I am not alone here. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Well the worst lego injury I had was:
I was looking for parts of lego people and one box full of lego ly sprawled on the ground. I came off my chair but when I want to go to the box on the floor my foot was still hooked behind it, so I fell. I landed on my knees and my left knee is kinda... weak (usually hurts alot when even something light falls on it)
The chair also hit me in the back of the head while falling, but it wasn't very heavy.
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I was about 9 years old, and had just finished my old castle. I was overlooking it, standing over it on my coffee table, and I tripped and fell. I landed on the towers that had those little cone tips on them. It hurt really bad, both for me and my castle.

Then, I got up, tiny sharp cones stuck in my back, and walked into the garage, grabbing pliers to rip them out. When I had, I jumped onto my bed, and it fell through the floor, and landed on my water heater, which exploded, and the explosion set off the electrical generator, which also exploded, sending a shockwave all across the phone lines, making every computer and phone in the county explode, and annihalating the entire area, prompting the Soviets to invade and occupy half the U.S., and our nukes to totally destroy the entire east coast as well as the U.S.S.R.
I emerged wiht nary a scratch.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Aside from the classic Lego-Stomp that most have dealt with. I've suffered from the Lego-Pinch. While messing around with a castle I realized I needed to change a piece, so I lifted up most of it, making a little wedge so i could take the piece out and replace it... well needless to say I forgot my thumb was still near there when I pushed down hard to secure it all again... Thus the Lego-Pinch was born.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I have been very fortunate I suppose. I have stepped on the odd piece,but no harm in over three decades of Legoing. Some of these stories are frightful. To paraphrase the sargeant from Hill Street Blues, "Let's be careful out there!"
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens