Starting a Castle, Starting an Army

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
BlackRavenLord
Gong Farmer

Starting a Castle, Starting an Army

Post by BlackRavenLord »

I've always been into Lego Castle, but I was never really hardcore. I think most people either stop playing with legos or really get into them by the time they are in their teens. I'm saving up to make a Castle. I mean a real Castle. I have the Crusader Castle (dunno the name of it) and its baseplate. I also have the Dragon Master Castle (the one on the hill) except I lost the baseplate. Fortunately it's just the same thing as the Crusader Castle Baseplate except with a different color theme. I also have the Dark Forest hide out place (the big set). I'm sure I've lost a few peices through the years though. That's my basis for building my real castle. I'm going to use the baseplate from the Crusader Castle for my Keep. I'm working on that now, except I'm gonna have to buy alot of roof tiles from the lego magazine. I need lots of castle walls, towers, and peices for my outer walls though. I'm thinking about buying the special deal from the lego magazine where you get the Blacksmith's shop, the Falcon Castle, and the Gaurded Inn for more peices. I'm planning on using the Falcon Castle as my Intrance Gate thingee except I'm gonna take out the back wall of course and use that stuff somewhere else on my walls. I need alot of peices, but those can be acquired over time. These are the soldiers I have:
4 Falcons
6 Dragon Masters
6 Forestmen and Black Forest
4 Royal Knights
10 Crusaders (including lion battle axe, chain mail, and plate armor torsos)
10 Dark Nights (chain mail and plate armor torsos)
1 Fright Knight
1 Bull

About half of my Crusaders and half my Black Nights lack sufficient body parts (legs, arms, shields, helmets, plumes, etc.) I've got sufficient spears, swords, lances, bows, crossbows, axes, and pikes (chopped big axes). I'm slightly low on quivers though, and quite low on shields and plumes. I have like 12 horses (some are indian horses though), maybe 7 saddles, and 3 of those fancy saddles that cover the whole horse; two of those being the red and yellow Crusader Lion Saddle things, and one being the black and blue Dragon saddle for the Dark Nights. I have no ladies, unless you count a pirate and an Islander. I've got maybe 3 ninjas. I really love the Queen from the KK1 castle and the Blacksmith's wife, but have neither. The Raven Knights and Dark Knights are always my guys, the Dragon Masters, Fright Knight, and Bull are another army, the Royal Knights and Crusaders are another, and the Forestmen and wolfpack are another. I really like the Raven Knights the most, I also like Crusaders, Forestmen, and Bulls.

Here's my question:
Since you can't get Castle stuff in stores what do I need in order to make a bigger castle, and a bigger army (for my army first). Where can I get it? I went to one site I think it was called brick trader or something, but sets and figures were expensive. Especially considering I make only $5.75 an hour and have to pay for gas, equipedment for my band, and save for college next year. If anyone is willing to sell me some extra castle peices or mini figures or castle peices/figures they just don't like for a good price I'd be more than thankful. Thanks,
Ben
-=Ex Noctis Amor=-
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Ben,

Hate to break it to you, but the Castle collection shown in the catalog has been sold out. No one knows if it will reappear, but it probably isn't likely. Check eBay over the summer months for castle figs. Lots in the summer don't tend to sell for as much. Also Auctionbrick occasionally has minfigs for sale. Good luck.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Starting a Castle, Starting an Army

Post by Robin Hood »

BlackRavenLord wrote:except I lost the baseplate.
You lost a baseplate? :shock:

Ahem anyway, bricklink is all I can suggest, it has everything, but a few things a bit big prices. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

Is bricklink a reliable source for actually getting legos after you purchase them? I'm just wondering because it seems to good to be true, lol. I am becoming cautious in the lego items that i am buying from now on, i placed a large order in an ebay store (gems in the attic) and i have not received any of the legos yet. I think that this was about 4-5 weeks ago.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Ouch!

Maybe you will get lucky and see the stuff arrive soon. If not file a complaint with ebay and you might get your money back. I am not sure how to do that as it has been ages since I used eBay.

As to Bricklink, I have had about 150 transactions without a hitch. I order from all over the world and some of my orders have been huge. Bricklink I believe has a better record than eBay for having reliable sellers. If all else fails, order from Troy, he supports this site and has a pretty big selection.

Will

I have a store, but it is closed right now and I don't sell much stuff that could be used for castles, go figure. :wink:
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Just so you know, the 'fancy saddles' are called bardings.

Bricklink is probably the best place, you might get lucky on Ebay, or on some weekend you could play the hit and miss game, where you search for garage sales and see if you can get anything.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

What castle are you going to build?
BlackRavenLord
Gong Farmer

Post by BlackRavenLord »

Emperor James wrote:What castle are you going to build?
My own of some sort I dunno, just bigger than a Lego set Castle, that's usually what I've been able to build.
-=Ex Noctis Amor=-
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

BlackRavenLord wrote:
Emperor James wrote:What castle are you going to build?
My own of some sort I dunno, just bigger than a Lego set Castle, that's usually what I've been able to build.
Oh. I thought you said you were going to build a real castle.