Favorite theme besides castle?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I don't think this belongs in the Lego Castle Forum :? .

Back to your post: I like all Lego, but I mainly build and collect castle Lego. If I had a second favorite, it would be Harry Potter because the Harry Potter sets have some good castle parts.

-The Josh
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Pirates because pirates are cool and the castle line doesn't really have any ships,there are some but not huge war ships...
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

Pirates...I`ve got most of the ships and two of the forts. Some of the rest of the sets are on my Ebay hitlist, despite the ever-lengthening list of Castle sets I seem to need.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

As I said in the other one, (before it got locked, and I got to look like an idiot), Space.

Space is great.

It doesn't steal very many pieces that I would use for Castle.

I can actually build things and not have to dismantle any Castle stuff.

Space is great.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Star Wars for me, as space is out of the questio (I stated with collecting Spyrius and Unitron (not much, though). Star Was has way more recent and cool stuff, me bieng a big fan.
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

As I said before Space. I even like it a bit more than castle since I find it takes more skill. (I know people will argue with me). Things like SNOT and greebles are just 2 of the things that makes space more of a challenge.

(BTW, sorry for offending you in any way, and Welcome to Classic-Castle! :D )
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey,

In the AFOLs comic:
http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=2596
I'm like the guy on the left hand side of page 10.

I was a kid with Classic Space, so that's my first love.

Castle. Duh.

I got the Rapid River Village originally for the elements. I was planning on selling the figs and teepees etc as a lot on ebay, but the set was just too darn cool. Now I have almost all of the western sets.

Castle Ninja is just way too cool. I don't have the biggest sets, but I've got most of the smaller fortresses.

I was 7 or 8 when Star Wars came out (and when Classic Space came out), so my childhood was dominated by two thing--LEGO and Star Wars. So, of course, the SW line brings all this together. (Not to mention how useful the figs are for castle.)

I love the Harry Potter books (the movies to a lesser extent), and my SO and I have gotten a lot of the HP sets.

Random things here and there like a couple of Adventurers, Spider-Man, and Monsters sets.

Etc.

It's much easier to say what I haven't gotten into:
Non-minifig lines (Model Team, Technic, Mindstorms, Belville, sculptures, etc.)--I guess I just love the little guys too much.
Trains--these are very cool, it's just that I can't really commit to a whole new system of building.
Pirates--again, a whole different type of thing (though I did get a boat hull on Bricklink for my LotR project).
Mecha--I just don't know enough yet.
and - drumroll please -
in some ways - Castle - if by this we mean the official line. I've picked up a bunch of figs, accessories, and speciallized elements here and there, but aside from the MOC Blacksmith Shop, I've never actually bought any of the large (non-Ninja) Castle sets. I'm much happier with bulk bricks.

Bruce
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Nice Shield Lady Val.... I love it!!! :)

Back on topic...

My favorite themes after Castle include:

a) City/Town/Train (IMO, all pretty interrelated)
b) Pirates (wishes for a new line of REAL mini-fig pirates,
and doing another run of the Black Sea Barracuda
and maybe releasing the Imperial Trading Post as a
Legend/"Classic"

Just my opinion!

Benjamin Medinets
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

medib wrote:Nice Shield Lady Val.... I love it!!! :)
Thanks, but the credit for it belongs to LegoFreak...he gave me permission to "borrow" it from his Gallery. 8)

Incidentally, just to get back on topic, I`d like to add that my love of the Pirate theme does NOT include the new sets.
Leah
Gong Farmer

Post by Leah »

My second favorite theme to build would have to be Town. Unfortunately, my Town and Castle MOCs use many of the same parts.

While I enjoy building Belville scale MOCs, I don't really try to match the style of the Belville sets.

I like the Western and Ancient themes although I have yet to build anything for them.

Leah
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Good Ol' Freaky... 8)

I thought the Large Pirate Ship was probably the best
set in the "Playmobile Pirate" line, and I'll probably
get it just for parts, and "lose" the parts I don't want.

Benjamin Medinets
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

THERE IS NO LIFE BESIDES CASTLE!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

My next favourite theme as a *theme* is Town, followed by Pirates and Classic Space. Any Space series other than Classic Space doesn't interest me at all. Besides this I like every minifig-related theme. And for parts every set from any theme is welcome.

Bye
Jojo