CCC8 - Mission: Destroy the Neighbours

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Jalkow
Wandering tinker

CCC8 - Mission: Destroy the Neighbours

Post by Jalkow »

Destroy the Neighbours!

The king is planning how he's going to defeat the neighbours.
The head of his army helps to make sure the knights understand what they're supposed to do.

Entry for the Preparing for war-category, ofcourse.
Please tell me what you think!
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Re: CCC8 - Mission: Destroy the Neighbours

Post by Rogue Shadow »

That. Is. Awesome. This is one of my favorite MOC's, ever. I love your microscale castle, and I like your war room in general. It actually reflects a real planning meeting, with a scribe, the generals and the king watching and plotting the destruction of their enemies, and the soldiers watching and learning the tactics of the battlefield. Keep up the good work!
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Incredible. Simply incredible. The feature that really stick out are the window and the micro castle. Great work all around though.
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Did you take any mid-construction pictures of that window? I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to keep those pieces all lined up while you put the next layer on. Is it reinforced/'leaded' (the black rings) with construction paper?

I like the effect you got by not building the entire room. It really looks like you just took this 'chunk' out of the scene and photographed it!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Jalkow
Wandering tinker

Post by Jalkow »

Lord Mikal wrote:Did you take any mid-construction pictures of that window? I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to keep those pieces all lined up while you put the next layer on. Is it reinforced/'leaded' (the black rings) with construction paper?

I like the effect you got by not building the entire room. It really looks like you just took this 'chunk' out of the scene and photographed it!
No mid-construction pictures, sorry. Keeping it together was awfull, the pieces kept falling out and kept vanishing in my carpet somehow. So I used some LEGO rubberbands, no construction paper. Originally there was another black ring around the last ring of glass but it took over ten minutes to place it right, without shooting some cheeseslopes around my room.

Thanks for your 'chunk'-compliment, that was intended, so glad you noticed! :wink:
Stonir
Villein

Post by Stonir »

Cool! I love it! I like the circular Tower!
icare
Villein

Post by icare »

Great MOC!!!

But I'm so sad... I had the same idea but I never succeed to build it. And your MOC is greater than I had imagine mine. :(

Good luck for the contest

Icare