Goblins?

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
H3LLB0Y3
Freeman

Goblins?

Post by H3LLB0Y3 »

Im using the new Alien minifig heads to create a new faction in my castle world: Goblins!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42725373@N02/5988683042/
Whadaya think? Does the name fit? I have to admit Im not terribly knowledgeable of fantasy terminology so any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
You wonder why I'm not afraid?
There is no weapon
There is no blade
You'll never kill Him that lives inside of me.
klorox
Apprentice

Re: Goblins?

Post by klorox »

hmmm. reminds me of moblins from the legend of zelda

but that's just me :)
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Alright, here's my thoughts on each of them from left to right. The Grandmaster: He's kinda generic, but I like his helm, armor, and pauldron combination. He looks like a leader, but not an interesting leader. The Mercenary: A beautiful fig, but I just can't accept the use of Megablocks (I mean it's what substitutes for cursing on CC). Other than that he's a great fig. You should consider making a small 5 person group of mercenaries around him, make them something of an elite force for hire. The Goblin: He looks much better than I thought that combination would, but I'm bothered by the short wide face on the average body. Maybe make him shorter and give him a cape. The Adventurer: Totally link with red hair. I like the sheild, and you certainly found a good use for the gnome hat.
Back to the front!
H3LLB0Y3
Freeman

Post by H3LLB0Y3 »

klorox wrote:hmmm. reminds me of moblins from the legend of zelda
Same here. Hence the fig.

Hahaha Wow, Eldabar! Thanx for all that input on the whole group! (I was honestly just looking to get the Goblin critiqued but I appreciate your thoughts on the rest) :)
Elbadar wrote:He looks much better than I thought that combination would, but I'm bothered by the short wide face on the average body. Maybe make him shorter and give him a cape..
Agreed. The face is really wide so he needed at least SOMETHING so I gave him the POP pauldrons. Not enough?
As for the rest, I apologize about the Megablox shield :? but it matches so well with the "Troll" shoulder armor does it not? And I think the "generic" look of the Dragon Master comes from the use of the classic euro armor in old grey.
You wonder why I'm not afraid?
There is no weapon
There is no blade
You'll never kill Him that lives inside of me.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I wonder if someone could come up with a good brick-built body for that alien head. I do think that putting some dwarf legs on him to change his proportions a little bit might look good. The pauldrons are a good idea, the just don't show up well in the photo, I think. I totally missed them the first time I looked at it.

(Megablocks shield is cool, but I have to agree, it's practically heresy to use "inferior" parts for stuff on this forum ;))
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

How about Grorcs? Never heard of Moblins but I like that as well!

The head works well but in agreement to the above, does feel like it needs to be stockier or wider. That might be solved by shorter legs.

The MB shield looks good... in this combo. And if your not being 'purist' I don't see the issue. Might have to make my own Link figure as well after seeing this.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
Hoboman
Apprentice

Post by Hoboman »

Ok, I have kept going back and looking at it. I have desided I do nto like that head as a 'Goblin". Guess it is just to lodged in my brain as an alien. Sorry.

The rest of them look wonderful by the way. :D
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I think it looks great as a goblin, it reminds me of the goblins from "The Hobbit" cartoon from the 70's. I imagine the goblin king to have a big head and mouth like that. My only suggestion would maybe try the short legs to see if it gives him a more squat look, although I don't know if the head is too big for that and the proportions would be bad.

I like the use of the curved sword as well, when I picked up the Pharaoh's Quest sets last winter I imagined those swords would work great to add some variety to an orc/troll army.
Throndor
Freeman
Location: Wherever it is they haul off the criminally insane to.

Post by Throndor »

I think that goblin would be a good title; I find his build rather stout for a moblin. And on a side note, I though I was the only one with the Megablocks shield on one of the horsemen. :wink: :eyebrows:
If I were to make something out of LEGOs, I would probably use LEGOs. Pretty advanced stuff going on up in my head.