Avaloch Abbey - 32 x 32 castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Avaloch Abbey - 32 x 32 castle

Post by Quickblade22 »

Here is my newest 32 x 32 MOC. I named it Avaloch Abbey after the fictional name for the place the Great Lakes Medieval Faire takes place. Originally I built it a year ago, but was un happy with the way it looked. I made the housing part wood looking like Crown Road Keep a few months ago, but it sat idle for a while. While working on The Tower of Long Curse, I kept adding tiny things here and there to this MOC. I had decided I wanted a keep for the new Lion Knights form the Kingdoms line, but I have very few of them. I had this medieval monk looking minifigure lying around when I got the idea to make this into a monastery type structure. Here is the result which I am thoroughly pleased with. It also opens up like the Kings castle with a 32 x 16 plate in the front and 2 16 x 16 plates in the rear. The pictures don't do it justice, but the changes I made make this MOC look so much better. Trust me ;)

Last edited by Quickblade22 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Re: Avaloch Abbey - 32 x 32 catle

Post by soccerkid6 »

Wow! that looks great, I really like all the details: like the pigeon cage, and interior. I also like the way you did the wooden buildings and drawbridge. Keep up the good work.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Re: Avaloch Abbey - 32 x 32 castle

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

You wouldn't happen to have that on a different site, would you? My filter program won't let me view flickr, and I'd really love to see this MOC.
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks for the comments. I uploaded some pictures to Brickshelf. Folder when public.
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Post by Fraslund »

The playability factor is always big with me. Good work!
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Well, now that I can view it I'd say it's really good! I especially like the design of the desk and quill. (And is the violin LEGO? :? )
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks. I usually go for the playability factor when I can. The violin is a BrickForge piece.