Unite under one legend!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Which set should we try to get rereleased?

6060 Knight's Challenge
23%
375 Yellow Castle
15%
6080 King's Castle
13%
6086 Black Knight's Castle
21%
6085 Black Monarch's Castle
26%
6081 King's Mountain Fortress
3%

Total votes: 39

Emperor James
Steward

Unite under one legend!

Post by Emperor James »

I have taken the most popular sets for rerelease from the rerelaese thread and made this poll. The idea was for us to decide as a group which set we think should be rereleased, and then we could all send letters to tlc asking for that set to be released. Tlc is much more likely to listen to fifty letters asking for 6080 to be rerealeased than fifty letters asking for fifty different sets to be rereleased.

I know that chance of sucess is about as slim as a spaghetti noodle, but I really think we should do something. Older afols may be more accepting of kk2 because they have had a chance to buy the old sets, but many of us younger fans do not want to forever be crippled as far as Lego goes by these hateful jellybeans.[/url]
pwnage
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

6085 all the way. Mostly black...deals with bley issue. Not on a raised baseplate. 12 actual soldiers/knights (lots of scale mail torsos, my personal favourite) 4 horses 2 bardings. I know ther is no euro armour, but I prefer this to 6086 for higher fig count and no raised baseplate. Ofcourse if 6086 got the nod, I would be happy too. :D
Troy T. Moore
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I went with 6085, not because it is my favourite (that's 6086), but because it would be the best one to redo. Not so much bley, no raised baseplates, tons of figs, bardings, etc.

How you expect us to unite under ONE set, let alone how to promote our eventual choice, is beyond me.

Still, here's hoping....
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote: How you expect us to unite under ONE set, let alone how to promote our eventual choice, is beyond me.

Still, here's hoping....
I'm hoping for some cooperation among the general people here.
pwnage
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Until you put 6066 on the poll, you will get no cooperation from me.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Im going with 6085, even though 6086 is my favorite. I've had 2 Black Knights Castles already. I'd like a similar set like the 6085.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

rogue27 wrote:Until you put 6066 on the poll, you will get no cooperation from me.
Well, the idea is to have the most chance of getting rereleased a set that the most amount of people want. If you don't want to participate, that is up to you.
pwnage
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Emperor James wrote:
rogue27 wrote:Until you put 6066 on the poll, you will get no cooperation from me.
Well, the idea is to have the most chance of getting rereleased a set that the most amount of people want. If you don't want to participate, that is up to you.

I doubt that your limited sample of data is a very accurate representation of what people want. You also fail to factor in things such as size / price and availability of parts.

The list you have presented is too top-heavy in terms of price. Almost everything you have posted would cost around $90. Most legends and re-releases (called classics now) have been in the $10 - $65 range. Sets of those sizes are typically big enough and interesting enough to be good by themselves. At that price, it is also easier to buy the sets in multiples, and it is probably easier for TLC to produce medium sized sets without taking too many resources away from their retail product lines.

Based on those criteria, there are plenty of very good castle sets that could be made into legends.
6040 Blacksmith Shop
6041 Armor Shop
6059 Knight's Stronghold
6060 Knight's Challenge (bravo!)
6061 Siege Tower
6062 Battering Ram
6066 Camouflaged Outpost
Wolfpack Tower

Granted, 6061 and 6062 are unlikely because they would take sales away from that combo pack with Castle Talonjay and Vladek Attack (the wall and battering ram / siege tower).

The sets you listed aside from 6060 are too big to be very likely based on the sizes of all other re-releases up to this point.

Next, TLC already let us do an official vote on 375 and four other sets. 375 came in dead last. That's that. It will not be popular enough. They will not re-release that set to please a handful of hardcore castle collectors. I doubt I would even buy it because it would not contain the original helmets or 1x1 windows.

6085 and 6086 are going to split the votes of the black knights fans, you should have just chosen one major set from the theme. It looks like if you just put 6085 on the poll, it would be running away with the votes right now.

Likewise, any decent Crusaders fan will vote for 6080, but some might vote for 6081, again splitting the vote. Though, both of those sets will probably do poorly because they will be bley and have a more generic assortment of figs and parts than some of the newer sets.

Forestmen and Black Falcons are not represented at all. You don't believe those two factions are popular? I would disagree. However, we did already get BFF, so I suppose we don't need another medium sized BF set for a while.

Finally, none of this matters. TLC isn't going to choose the next castle legend based on the results of any unofficial poll hosted on this site. 6085 and 6060 are both good choices though. 6060 is probably more realistic based on size, and it would satisfy the requests for a minifig pack. $20 for 8 figures, 2 horses, 2 bardings, and a bunch of weapons / accessories would sell very quickly.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I doubt we'd see the legendary 6060 set. We already currently have Grand Tournament set out in retail. Lego won't sell the risk competing a great set versus a crappy set in the stores.

So far:
Guarded Inn ($25)
Metroliner ($140)
Club Car ($36)
Pizza to Go ($20)
Breezeway Cafe ($25)
Black Seas Barracuda ($90)
Main Street ($65)
Black Falcon Fortress ($40)
Hot Rod ($40)

Castle is due a decent-sized Legend.
However, I doubt we'll see it until Lego decides
to stop selling Knights Kingdom.
Just like we won't see another Pirate Legend
until their new Pirate theme goes away.

I wonder where is any Space Legend...

Benjamin Medinets
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Does that mean, if TLC rereleased the Camouflaged Outpost
your desire for an original set 6066 would gladly be satisfied by this Legend set??

Bye
Jojo

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

rogue27 wrote:
Emperor James wrote:

I doubt that your limited sample of data is a very accurate representation of what people want. You also fail to factor in things such as size / price and availability of parts.

The list you have presented is too top-heavy in terms of price. Almost everything you have posted would cost around $90. Most legends and re-releases (called classics now) have been in the $10 - $65 range. Sets of those sizes are typically big enough and interesting enough to be good by themselves. At that price, it is also easier to buy the sets in multiples, and it is probably easier for TLC to produce medium sized sets without taking too many resources away from their retail product lines.

Based on those criteria, there are plenty of very good castle sets that could be made into legends.
6040 Blacksmith Shop
6041 Armor Shop
6059 Knight's Stronghold
6060 Knight's Challenge (bravo!)
6061 Siege Tower
6062 Battering Ram
6066 Camouflaged Outpost
Wolfpack Tower

Granted, 6061 and 6062 are unlikely because they would take sales away from that combo pack with Castle Talonjay and Vladek Attack (the wall and battering ram / siege tower).

The sets you listed aside from 6060 are too big to be very likely based on the sizes of all other re-releases up to this point.

Next, TLC already let us do an official vote on 375 and four other sets. 375 came in dead last. That's that. It will not be popular enough. They will not re-release that set to please a handful of hardcore castle collectors. I doubt I would even buy it because it would not contain the original helmets or 1x1 windows.

6085 and 6086 are going to split the votes of the black knights fans, you should have just chosen one major set from the theme. It looks like if you just put 6085 on the poll, it would be running away with the votes right now.

Likewise, any decent Crusaders fan will vote for 6080, but some might vote for 6081, again splitting the vote. Though, both of those sets will probably do poorly because they will be bley and have a more generic assortment of figs and parts than some of the newer sets.

Forestmen and Black Falcons are not represented at all. You don't believe those two factions are popular? I would disagree. However, we did already get BFF, so I suppose we don't need another medium sized BF set for a while.

Finally, none of this matters. TLC isn't going to choose the next castle legend based on the results of any unofficial poll hosted on this site. 6085 and 6060 are both good choices though. 6060 is probably more realistic based on size, and it would satisfy the requests for a minifig pack. $20 for 8 figures, 2 horses, 2 bardings, and a bunch of weapons / accessories would sell very quickly.
So you're saying we should only want a rerelease that meats tlc's criteria? Anyway, they have rereleased some bigger sets, such as the Black Seas Barricuda and the Redbeard Runner. I would prefer a bigger set because bigger sets are usually a better deal.

As for thinking that having 6086 and 6085 split black knight fans, and 6080 and 6081 split crusader fans, that is ridiculous. People will vote for their favorite castle, not their favorite theme and then flip a coin for which castle.

Though none of this may matter to Lego, if one of the sets is decided on by us, and we all send letters for them to rerelease it, I do believe that they may consider it. I think anything that could even have a remotely possible chance of getting us a good castle set is worth trying.

And if youwant a 6066 so badly, I suggest you check ebay.
pwnage
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Well usually, but not always, a bigger set
means that you have an easier time getting it (it doesn't usually sell out quickly).

However, Blackseas Barracuda is (was) a large set and it sold out very quickly.

The 6066 set is a great set and worthy or being re-made. However, Lego Direct probably does not have access to all the necessary molds (like the forestmen hats).

An idea: They could re-release the set with Wolfpack men instead (them barbarians taking over the forest outpost). Because,
if I remember, they have access to the
"peasant" hats (Igor in the studio line had it).

Benjamin Medinets
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Ave Emperor!
Emperor James wrote:And if youwant a 6066 so badly, I suggest you check ebay.
Now, that's something that can be said about simply EVERY set that you ("you all", not "thou") want to be a possible rerelease.

Thanks to eBay I really don't need any rereleases at all. In fact I'd like it better without rereleases. A rereleased set never actually IS the original set. And that's a good thing.

Bye
Jojo

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Jojo wrote:Ave Emperor!
Emperor James wrote:And if youwant a 6066 so badly, I suggest you check ebay.
Now, that's something that can be said about simply EVERY set that you ("you all", not "thou") want to be a possible rerelease.

Thanks to eBay I really don't need any rereleases at all. In fact I'd like it better without rereleases. A rereleased set never actually IS the original set. And that's a good thing.

Bye
Jojo

A rerelease is cheaper and easier to get.
pwnage
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The 6066 set is a great set and worthy or being re-made. However, Lego Direct probably does not have access to all the necessary molds (like the forestmen hats).
This isnt totally accurate. First, wasn't Lego Direct disolved back into the overall company? But as for the question of molds, the forestman cap mold and probably the round shield mold are not necessarily destroyed. But since no regular recent sets (since 1996 and 1990 respectively) use those pieces, these molds may be stored away somewhere :(

However, perhaps a great legend would let LEGO get older molds out. Did this happen for any other legends? Obviously it happened briefly for the cypress trees and we were very grateful.

Ben E.