What do you use?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
forester3291
Merchant

What do you use?

Post by forester3291 »

What do you use for torso stickers? I use paper and glue and it works quit well. I want to get something better though.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Label sticker paper. I hate using glue. I get really sticky.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I disagree... try using a .99 cent glue stick. Most things to glue are flat (torsos, shields..) so thats not a problem if you put the glue on (more like a paste) and then put the paper on, press flat and leave over night.
:D
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I do like most people... gloss photopaper, and attach it with a glue stick because regular glue will smear the print.

Sometimes if i wanna play with the figure, i put a piece of clear tape over it for protection. So far they've held up nicely, but they won't last forever.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

Label Sticker Paper works great. I use the full sheets so I get the most bang for my buck. And I put clear scotch packing tape over, gives it more of a lego gloss look. I use water based markers to fill the white edges.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I use tape, it gets well and shiny.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Canon S900 6-color printer, Epson glossy photo paper, small Fiskars scissors, Elmer's washable glue stick.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

LEGOFREAK wrote:I disagree... try using a .99 cent glue stick. Most things to glue are flat (torsos, shields..) so thats not a problem if you put the glue on (more like a paste) and then put the paper on, press flat and leave over night.
:D

Yup... Gluestick works great for me.I don't know how the othe metheds are but when the gluesticked paper wears a bit it's really simple to just take a exacto knife and scape it clean and redo so it's no biggie if i wears. :D

Dave
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Duke_Dave wrote:
Yup... Gluestick works great for me.I don't know how the othe metheds are but when the gluesticked paper wears a bit it's really simple to just take a exacto knife and scape it clean and redo so it's no biggie if i wears. :D

Dave
YIKES!
an exacto blade?? :D
I usually just soak them in water for about five minutes and then wipe them with a clean washcloth. no fuss no muss and no chance of accidental scraping. :wink:
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

This may seem weird,but I use a very thin form of that double-sided tape that sticks your carpet to the floor. :wink: Weird eh?
- Tom
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

There is a guy at FBTB who makes custom decals and he uses waterslide ones, which are really easy to apply and look great.
If only I could find some of the stuff he uses and get a better quality printer.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

Jared "Kaminoan" Burkes?I beleive that's who you're talking about,right? :)
- Tom
Mursk
Villein

Post by Mursk »

The problem with Waterslide Decals is that they silver easily, I prefer Stickers anyway with a nice gloss coat to protect them
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

HP Premium Photo Paper and just print them. Cut them out and apply with Crazy Glue (There is NOTHING that stuff can't glue down) Works really well, can even take them off without a horrible difficulty if you need to.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

I use sticker labels on my hp photo printer. I used to use printer paper and a packaging tape protective cover(its what you see on my brickshelf custom fig pics), but that was too shiny, distorted the image, and still showed the original torso a tiny bit.
pwnage