Help Classic Castle be re-released!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Help Classic Castle be re-released!

Post by AK_Brickster »

In case you haven't heard, LEGO Ideas has a fan poll up for their 90th Anniversary. They will release a NEW SET based off whichever theme wins the poll.

Currently, Bionicle is winning :mad:

We need ALL CASTLE FANS to log in and vote for CLASSIC CASTLE, FORESTMEN, and LION KNIGHTS, as those are the current top-3 for Castle and stand the best chance of moving up. I think if several castle sub-themes have top-5 results, Lego might have to acknowledge us as the winners, even if we can't totally displace stupid Bionicle in the #1 spot.

Here's the voting link: [url]https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4 ... 3f5e4a50fe[/url]

Here's the post citing current results (as of 7 hrs ago): [url]https://www.brickfanatics.com/bionicle-is-cu ... -fan-vote/[/url]
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
JBM
Peasant

Re: Help Classic Castle be re-released!

Post by JBM »

yeah we need to!
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

AK_Brickster wrote:In case you haven't heard, LEGO Ideas has a fan poll up for their 90th Anniversary. They will release a NEW SET based off whichever theme wins the poll.

Currently, Bionicle is winning :mad:

We need ALL CASTLE FANS to log in and vote for CLASSIC CASTLE, FORESTMEN, and LION KNIGHTS, as those are the current top-3 for Castle and stand the best chance of moving up. I think if several castle sub-themes have top-5 results, Lego might have to acknowledge us as the winners, even if we can't totally displace stupid Bionicle in the #1 spot.

Here's the voting link: [url]https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4 ... 3f5e4a50fe[/url]

Here's the post citing current results (as of 7 hrs ago): [url]https://www.brickfanatics.com/bionicle-is-cu ... -fan-vote/[/url]
It would be nice to see castle win in some capacity. Also would be nice to see space win or Bionicle. I am fine with people noting liking Bionicle but I am going to simply say people who don't like Bionicle are being extremely negative towards it. I understand that a lot of people obviously didn't like it and in fairness it is very different but the constant negativity towards it is getting tiring. I don't remember Bionicle fans calling other themese "stupid" of "dumb".

I am looking at it like this. Each theme that was listed have all been very popular themes all of which means a lot to people. Bionicle included. So yes Bionicle may be winning but remember this is only round one. I am sure if a single castle theme or space theme makes in the final round the votes will rally behind those to keep Bionicle from winning. However if by some chance Bionicle does win then great for me and many other.

All I can say is I am not bashing any other peoples themes and will except whatever wins. Despite some of these themes not caring for at all.

So as a Bionicle fan please be a little more considerate towards the MANY fans of it.

Purple Wolf

P.S. Castle fans also just got the Blacksmith's Shop.
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

The biggest issue with this setup is that Castle and space have so many subthemes. I feel that being spread over multiple sub-themes will hurt the chances of of Castle and Space as themes getting the win. As that article pointed out, if all the castle themes were to be combined, Castle would have the most votes. Pirates is only split into Pirates and Imperial, so those Pirate/ Imperial lovers have much less choice, so each subtheme gets more votes, even if the same amount of people vote Pirates as people vote for Castle Sub themes, which there is, what, 5? 6? Classic Space being an obvious exception, of course. It has way much more of a following and love than any other space theme, and with an abundance of them to choose from, it's unlikely any other space theme will get a sniff.

My personal three picks were Blacktron, Bionicle, and Imperials. Sorry guys, no castle picks from me. My heart lies elsewhere.

I would love to see Bionicle get the win, but I would be super happy with almost any theme winning (Except maybe Extreme Team. Why is that even there? Or trains. I don't care for trains. Model team would be very meh, as well.) Castle fans are getting the Blacksmith shop next month, and Pirate fans got Barracuda Bay last year, and Classic Space fans have gotten such sets like Benny's spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP, The exo-suit, and Benny's Space squad. Blacktron fans have gotten 3 CMFs. I think Bionicle fans are due something, and yes, I know there was the Gen 2 stuff from a few years ago, but that was already 5 years in the past! And lets face it. Bionicle saved Lego, whether you like to admit it or not. It's fact. The Lego Company itself says so.

My biggest worry is that, as a Bionicle fan, The Lego Company cannot make a proper Bionicle set now. I would imagine they would have to create many new molds, which I don't think they will.

There is a lot more I could say on this subject. It is one of the greatest things Lego has done, for sure.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Elephant Knight wrote:My biggest worry is that, as a Bionicle fan, The Lego Company cannot make a proper Bionicle set now. I would imagine they would have to create many new molds, which I don't think they will.
On the other hand, TLC's been doing a lot with brickbuilt, ball-jointed creatures lately, so while it might not be "proper" Bionicle, it might be a reasonable approximation.

Personally, I voted for Black Knights, Adventurers, and Ice Planet (or maybe it was Spyrius. One of those, anyway) - one castle, one space, and one other. I also mentioned the lack of Wild West among the options. No Islanders, either, since the lack of choices for Pirates fans was brought up.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Azaghal wrote:Personally, I voted for Black Knights, Adventurers, and Ice Planet (or maybe it was Spyrius. One of those, anyway) - one castle, one space, and one other. I also mentioned the lack of Wild West among the options. No Islanders, either, since the lack of choices for Pirates fans was brought up.
And with this year's Ninjago theme, you know they have the moulds to do a neo-Islander set justice!

Myself, I went Black Knights, Spyrius, and Adventurers--pure "this is what I'd want." I'll save strategic voting for the later rounds.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I have to wonder if, in the current political climate, some of those themes are considered "taboo", because they might offend some indigenous people groups?

With regard to Bionicle, I don't mean to offend the fans themselves. You guys aren't stupid, obviously!
The big beef that most of "the rest of Lego" has with that theme is that it is generally incompatible with the rest of the brand. Unless you're into "constraction" figures, there's relatively little value that Bionicle brings to "traditional" fans of Lego (bricks on bricks stacked construction, as the basis).
kongutahu
Serf

Post by kongutahu »

Wish I would have seen this before I cast my vote, I went with Wolfpack as my castle choice (Adventurers and Bionicle for the other two) but I would have been willing to do Forestmen instead if I had known what the totals were.
AK_Brickster wrote:The big beef that most of "the rest of Lego" has with that theme is that it is generally incompatible with the rest of the brand. Unless you're into "constraction" figures, there's relatively little value that Bionicle brings to "traditional" fans of Lego (bricks on bricks stacked construction, as the basis).
Well, I doubt they would do a proper constraction set for a one off anniversary set, it would probably be something built out of regular bricks so would maybe offer something for non-Bionicle fans to appreciate (a minifigure scale Ta-Koro set would also be good for castle fans). But to be honest as much as I love Bionicle I don't really think it makes sense as the choice for a 90th anniversary set. It isn't a classic theme in my mind and it wouldn't have the same wide appeal something like a spaceship or castle might have (and with as expansive as Bionicle lore is, would the fandom really be satisfied with a single set?). I voted for it more for the sake of showing Lego that demand is there for something new for Bionicle, even if I wouldn't really want it to be this.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I think that's a very fair and accurate assessment!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

kongutahu wrote: Well, I doubt they would do a proper constraction set for a one off anniversary set, it would probably be something built out of regular bricks so would maybe offer something for non-Bionicle fans to appreciate (a minifigure scale Ta-Koro set would also be good for castle fans). But to be honest as much as I love Bionicle I don't really think it makes sense as the choice for a 90th anniversary set. It isn't a classic theme in my mind and it wouldn't have the same wide appeal something like a spaceship or castle might have (and with as expansive as Bionicle lore is, would the fandom really be satisfied with a single set?). I voted for it more for the sake of showing Lego that demand is there for something new for Bionicle, even if I wouldn't really want it to be this.
I am certainly in the camp that would heartily enjoy a brick built Bionicle set. Heck, if it just ended up being a Mosaic of some box art, I would love that!

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
JBM
Peasant

Post by JBM »

Elephant Knight wrote:The biggest issue with this setup is that Castle and space have so many subthemes. I feel that being spread over multiple sub-themes will hurt the chances of of Castle and Space as themes getting the win. As that article pointed out, if all the castle themes were to be combined, Castle would have the most votes. Pirates is only split into Pirates and Imperial, so those Pirate/ Imperial lovers have much less choice, so each subtheme gets more votes, even if the same amount of people vote Pirates as people vote for Castle Sub themes, which there is, what, 5? 6? Classic Space being an obvious exception, of course. It has way much more of a following and love than any other space theme, and with an abundance of them to choose from, it's unlikely any other space theme will get a sniff.

My personal three picks were Blacktron, Bionicle, and Imperials. Sorry guys, no castle picks from me. My heart lies elsewhere.

I would love to see Bionicle get the win, but I would be super happy with almost any theme winning (Except maybe Extreme Team. Why is that even there? Or trains. I don't care for trains. Model team would be very meh, as well.) Castle fans are getting the Blacksmith shop next month, and Pirate fans got Barracuda Bay last year, and Classic Space fans have gotten such sets like Benny's spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP, The exo-suit, and Benny's Space squad. Blacktron fans have gotten 3 CMFs. I think Bionicle fans are due something, and yes, I know there was the Gen 2 stuff from a few years ago, but that was already 5 years in the past! And lets face it. Bionicle saved Lego, whether you like to admit it or not. It's fact. The Lego Company itself says so.

My biggest worry is that, as a Bionicle fan, The Lego Company cannot make a proper Bionicle set now. I would imagine they would have to create many new molds, which I don't think they will.

There is a lot more I could say on this subject. It is one of the greatest things Lego has done, for sure.

EKnight

yeah, that is a problem...
minoboys
Freeman

Post by minoboys »

I'll go for the Dragon knights, classic castle and forestmen. And yeah, Bionicle is so common so why vote for it. DONT WIN BIONICLE :mad:
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Post by Bishons »

What theme won?? :?
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

We got a second chance. Castle was added as a 4th option!

Get over there and vote Castle for the win!
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Just voted for our beloved Castle line. I suggested they include a grouping of Black Falcons, Crusaders, Forestmen, and Black Knights in the 90th Anniversary set.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"