3in1 creator castle lego

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Re: 3in1 creator castle lego

Post by Elephant Knight »

jtooker wrote:
Frank_Lloyd_Knight wrote:I wonder if the yellow bricks are intended to be something of a tribute to the first castle set. And is that a vulture on the top of the tower?
I think the yellow is just a bright color for the tutor design (more colorful than tan or white) - it contrasts well against the blue roofs and flags too (same reason the flags at the front are red). I'm assuming the big bird is a black falcon, but I could be wrong.
But there's enough yellow brick one could build a teeny-tiny yellow castle, if one was so inclined.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Now that this set was finally released in the US, I got my hands on one from Walmart and ordered another 2 from S@H. It’s a great build - it was fun from start to finish. The toilet hole was hilarious. Taking a step back it is just scaled real well, tower heights, walls, overall size. Great set for $100, I just wish they nixed the pirate torso and gave us a real peasant or other medieval civilian style. I highly recommend it.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I'll likely be ordering mine this weekend after payday. I look forward to building it, it looks really good!

Eknight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

I got my copy and built it too - I'd highly recommend it. It looks great (other than the pirate torso of course). I do wish it had more minifigures. But it looks great and the size and proportions are pretty good. As a parts pack for castle MOCs, it is terrific too. I plan to pick up a few more in the next months or so.