90th anniversary set (No, not that one)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

90th anniversary set (No, not that one)

Post by Elephant Knight »

Well, looks like Lego has gone and pleased everyone.

[url]https://brickset.com/article/73767/first-leg ... ial-images![/url]

Of obvious interest to us castle fans, is the mini 375. It's the only castle set shown, but I bet people could build many other sets from parts in this set.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Re: 90th anniversary set (No, not that one)

Post by ffilz »

Oh, that looks like a fun set. I wonder if it comes with a 90 year anniversary tile like the 40th anniversary of the brick sets did. It doesn't look like it. But cool all the micro sets it builds.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Overall, I think LEGO did a really good job picking which sets to represent for a full-spectrum look at LEGO's history and if this set doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I am likely to get it for pure nostalgia purposes.

I am particularly curious if the Egyptian obelisk piece is a print or a sticker--I can't imagine a sticker in a set like this, so I'm super hopeful (not least of what that might portend).

The mini Yellow Castle might actually be useful to me, in a way--too many comics seem to end up needing miniature versions of sets for things. This was, I don't have to design my own (not that I think that would be terribly hard in this case, but I always enjoy getting to use "real" sets).
kongutahu
Serf

Post by kongutahu »

Formendacil wrote:I am particularly curious if the Egyptian obelisk piece is a print or a sticker--I can't imagine a sticker in a set like this, so I'm super hopeful (not least of what that might portend).
It’s definitely printed but unfortunately I doubt they have any big plans for it in the future. It’s being reused from 10273 Haunted House.
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Post by Bishons »

That's 1+ . Total let down, they're "castle" is really pleasing to the castle fans alright....
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Bishons wrote:That's 1+ . Total let down, they're "castle" is really pleasing to the castle fans alright....
Don't fret too much, the fan voted castle set is still on the way. I see this set as a small way to please multiple fan bases.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life