Forestman GWP set

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Forestman GWP set

Post by Elephant Knight »

So who is excited for this extra castle bonus for Lego's 90th? I am, but may be hard to find something to reach the minimum buy.

[url]https://brickset.com/article/77421/more-info ... promotions[/url]

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: Forestman GWP set

Post by Kurojaki »

Might do my first Lego purchace (for myself) in over a decade around those days...
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

I'm excited. I've got a few big purchases I've put off, seems it is time to make one of them.
FalconWolf
Serf

Post by FalconWolf »

Looks like a really nice update. Haven't gotten the 3in1 yet, so need to get some other set to get to the GWP min!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

So did anyone else buy enough Lego to get the Forestmen set? I did, and I eagerly await it's arrival.

EKnight

Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Yeah, I've got one coming. As FalconWolf alluded to, I grabbed a 3-in-1 castle, and the HP chess set* to make up the difference.

*Which has a surprisingly strong parts assortment, including a white greathelm.
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

Yep, ordered a Ninjago set and some standard pick a brick. Overshot the $150 but I didn't see any $70 sets I wanted ($83 in pick a brick).
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

I had parts sitting in my cart for over a week waiting for this GWP to become available. Added a small set to get it here quicker…any day now!
Armored Archer
Villein

Post by Armored Archer »

I purchased a third 3-in-1 castle and five build-a-minifigure three-packs for the hideout. They added some very good new Castle-oriented parts to the minifigure towers to coincide with this GWP.
An archer is only as reliable as the string on his bow.
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

Armored Archer wrote:I purchased a third 3-in-1 castle and five build-a-minifigure three-packs for the hideout. They added some very good new Castle-oriented parts to the minifigure towers to coincide with this GWP.
I wish I could get to the store more often to check out the BAM assortment... And convince my wife that I need an unlimited budget for BAM...
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

The timing of this was perfect as I needed to get Optimus Prime and this conveniently showed up right after he was released. Honestly this is a really generous GWP. Unexpected and really charming.
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I bought the Starry Night set, which I was already planning on getting. Worked out perfectly :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I purchased the last 3 modulars which are the only sets I collect outside of castle. That and a huge BAM/Pick a brick order and I got 4 of the GWP hideouts.

I have heard that they will be available again in August so you can get them with the castle as well. So I will be getting several more if that is true.
Kurojaki
Freeman

Post by Kurojaki »

DaleDVM wrote:I have heard that they will be available again in August so you can get them with the castle as well. So I will be getting several more if that is true.
Heard such rumor (pretty sure it was just a rumor) in some video in the middle/later days of the promotion. Now that it looked like they were still available during the last moments, I guess it's more likely to actually happen they give another chance. To get rid off what remains. Anyways, I don't know how past promotions have been handled!

And yeah indeed decided to start getting back to Lego again during the promotion - ordered the Boutique Hotel not too long after the promotion started. Seemed it has/had nice price per brick and especially such that I would find useful. It's a bit shame that I'll have tight budget and busy times for next ~year or so, and barely any bricks at home.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Received my set in, and built it last night. I must say, it is an incredible little set! I can't compare it to original, as I don't own it, but I feel it really lives up to the spirit. The build itself was quite enjoyable, and some interesting parts usage. Lots of useful parts, too! Especially since I am a fan of black parts.

And those shields. Just wonderful. Only nitpick I have is that the female minifig should have had a hat as well.

EKnight