CCC XX - Anniversary Contest

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: CCC XX - Anniversary Contest

Post by Bluesecrets »

Also, before you submit your entry can you please make sure you are entering it into the category you mean it to be? I have had multiple ones entered into the wrong category.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

The contest closes tonight at 11:59 pm EST. If your entry has not been approved by then, do not panic. I can still approve entries even after it closes.

Please be careful with your time. It will not let you submit after that time.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Bluesecrets wrote:The contest closes tonight at 11:59 pm EST. If your entry has not been approved by then, do not panic. I can still approve entries even after it closes.

Thank you! I just submitted my big build, which I put a lot of work into, and I confess that it's due to poor time management on my part that I will be posting my second and last entry today... but I just want to let you know this has been very fun and inspiring (even challenging!), and we really appreciate all you do! Thank you, and I hope you've enjoyed hosting the contest :) .
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

Bluesecrets wrote:The contest closes tonight at 11:59 pm EST. If your entry has not been approved by then, do not panic. I can still approve entries even after it closes.

Oh snap, I thought I had another day. I guess I'm just dumb. :P Thanks for posting this reminder though, I was able to squeeze in a last minute photo shoot for my last entry!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

My understanding is that the deadline is January 3rd at midnight, which I interpreted as 11:59:59pm January 3rd. This means you all still have the balance of Jan 3rd to finish and submit your last-minute entries!

Reminder that it's 11:59pm EASTERN TIME, so for those of us on the West Coast, that's only 8:59pm!

TICK TOCK!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
the Inventor
Laborer

Post by the Inventor »

Well, it was a great contest, no more entries for me, just no more time to work on something, although I still had some ideas left for a couple.

I would already say, thanks for all the judges and organizers I had fun making some specific entries for CCC. :D
Visit my Flickr, Brickshelf or youtube.
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

Bluesecrets asked I post a correction: The contest ends tonight, January 3rd. Sorry for the confusion.
Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

Bluesecrets asked I post a correction: The contest ends tonight, January 3rd. Sorry for the confusion.
Yeah, that was very confusing since it was posted a few hours before midnight last night... Oh well, no harm done other than my last minute panic yesterday! :lol:
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Thank you all who built. We have 3 entries that need to be cleared to be approved before judging can take place.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

Well over 100 entries, great turnout this year! Thanks to all the organizers!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

To be full of clarity.

Judging is under way. It was delayed by me for 2 reasons. I had the flu which was followed immediately by 2 days with my internet being down. I apologize. Neither of those were within my control, but I do understand your being upset when you read this.

Please be understanding and patient as we want do a very good job judging.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Bluesecrets wrote:To be full of clarity.

Judging is under way. It was delayed by me for 2 reasons. I had the flu which was followed immediately by 2 days with my internet being down. I apologize. Neither of those were within my control, but I do understand your being upset when you read this.

Please be understanding and patient as we want do a very good job judging.
Sure! Honestly, when it said in the announcement, "By the end of the month," I just assumed it was no longer planned to be done in two weeks.

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

As with every year, we have entries that have to be cleared before judging can happen. By that it means, they were entered into the wrong category, or they do not meet the requirements for the category, or the links are missing/broken/not working. There is always a bunch of behind the scenes trying to fix all of that before judging can happen. It slows everything down. Especially when I have to go multiple places to get people to respond to me about their entries. While it might seem funny to some, I still have messages I sent 4 and 6 years ago in my private message box about ccc entries that have never been read.

We would like to be done in 2 weeks for sure. But it always takes about a week to clear those entries. Then there is the coordinating of scores and discussion that has to happen. We are faster than ever before but no internet is really not good for judging.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Bluesecrets wrote:We would like to be done in 2 weeks for sure. But it always takes about a week to clear those entries. Then there is the coordinating of scores and discussion that has to happen. We are faster than ever before but no internet is really not good for judging.
I know about that... I lost internet right at the end of Brickscalibur on Saturday. It made everything way more stressful... :spin:

Perhaps, for future years, there is no need to "approve" each entry the way it's done now. Many other contests leave that responsibility up to the builder... if an entry breaks the rules or it doesn't fit the category, it simply gets disqualified or scores worse. That could be helpful?

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

josdu wrote:Perhaps, for future years, there is no need to "approve" each entry the way it's done now. Many other contests leave that responsibility up to the builder... if an entry breaks the rules or it doesn't fit the category, it simply gets disqualified or scores worse. That could be helpful?
We have discussed it over and over. People make mistakes. Sometimes it is simple as you forgot to pull down the menu to put it in the right category. I know my first CCC, I made a little mistake and had to ask for help. Mind you, I checked, saw the mistake and asked for the help. The people on the "naughty" lists often do not. In fact, I often get yelled at in private messages for entries that aren't approved.

But, I am a stickler for fairness. So much so that I know it annoys others when I talk about it. But if you built, followed the rules and did everything proper, why does someone who did not follow the rules able to compete against you? Life doesn't work that way. If you don't fill out paper work correctly, you don't get what you were asking for...whether it is a passport, drivers license, scholarship, college application, etc.

And then there is honoring the fact that someone went out of their way to build for a contest I ran. That has meaning. It might not to everyone else, but it does to me.

So while not approving would make things quicker, it might hurt the contest more than the little bit of time it takes to clean up entries.

I hope that makes sense.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan