Bricklink Designer Program 2

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Bricklink Designer Program 2

Post by jtooker »

Voting for the the Bricklink Designer Program 2 has started and there are many terrific medieval entries! Now is your chance to get another (semi) official LEGO castle set! You will need to log in with a Bricklink account to mark which submissions you like or love.

They added a filter button and there is a "castle/medieval" checkbox, but their filtering seems to be broken at the moment.

Click here to vote
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Re: Bricklink Designer Program 2

Post by jtooker »

And if you missed it, the Bricklink Designer Program 1 selected the Mountain Fortress as a finalist. You will be able to order this as a set in February 2024.

Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: Bricklink Designer Program 2

Post by Kurojaki »

I've been watching these every now and then ever since I saw this forum thread. What especially is great to see is that there's A LOT from castle themes - and also from my other favorites such as pirates/imperial (just look at those ships!) and western. Everything from Asian and ancient Egypt caught my eyes as well, as those are also themes I want to build myself. These are very inspiring to me.

It's hard to pick one single favorite - especially design-wise, but so far I would have to say Medieval Street by letsgolegobrick could be the one which I would most likely buy if given a chance. It uses different colors nicely outside and the interior is really neat, I like every single room. Everything is in great balance here.

Special mention to The Crimson Outpost - Pirate Island by Brickjester. Although not medieval, it doesn't take much to turn it to one.

I'm still going to spend a while looking at all these and vote at some point. As for the Mountain Fortress, before this thread I had only seen the same photo as jtooker posted. Glad to see it will be sold. Time will tell whether I will buy it or not, but hopefully yes.