same
10%
not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

tanzirian wrote:Also a question - what is "euro" armor? This is one term which annoys me terribly. How can any of the castle armor (power rangers aside) not be "euro"?
I think it is called euro armor to keep it from being confused with the Ninja armor. Ninja armor is not European.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Okaaaaaay.....

8876- probably the best of the bunch. Nice big scorpion. I am particularly taken by the swinging ladder-jail. An odd catapult on Jayko's horse and on the tower-thingy. This is just me, I think, but I loathe sets with "actions" like trapdoors or catapults. But nice overall, and can I see dark red corners?
8/10.

8875- ugly. Seems like a re-hash of Vladek's siege tower, which I didn't like. Of note is the black boulder (dappled?) and the triangle shield. The new shields are so... chunky... :roll:
6/10

8874- I really don't mind this, actually. The catapult will be removed and promptly lost in my big tub 'o' bricks. (deeeeep breath...) I like this like I like police sets with prisoner transports. Why, I don't know. But I DO like this.
8/10

88733- pleh. It's all gone a bit oh-where-can we-use-all-these-leftover-bionicle-parts, hasn't it?
2/10

8877- a real mixed bag, this. I HATE the amount of POOPs, those bionicle saws and the KK2 parts. The baseplate colour and the big slopes make it seem a bit too "Duplo Castle" for my liking. However, I LOVE the chrome helmets and armour(I smell Romans...), and the fact you get all the knights.
6/10

OVERALL: 30/50- not bad. Better than last year's.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

These ARE a lot better than last years! I'm also very excited about buying these new sets.

I do wish the armour on the hero's was a bit more conservative, but the change in design makes it ok...

There are, as others pointed out, a lot of design flaws, but there are also a lot of extra bonuses!

The old-school walls, the shadow knights, some of the smaller sets are cool, I really like where lego is going here... it's lookin' good! :D
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

The Tennis Ball Kid wrote:1. Vladek's Fortress: $90
Vladek's Fun House: $30
Vladek's Catapult/Good Times Rollin' Jail House: $20
Da King's Tower: $20
Santis Takes On The Orange Sawblade of Death: $8

2. Just Because.
I think you have the prices about right, but I think Vladeks Fortress could be $70.00 US just because they already have a $90.00 US set in 'Castle of Morcia'.

Dave
The Tennis Ball Kid
Laborer

Post by The Tennis Ball Kid »

Perhaps, but given the size of it, and the eight minifigs, and that there appears to be no $50 set, I'm going to stick with my guess of $90. Not that I wouldn't like it to be $70 of course....
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Catapaults(possibly trebuchets? that'd be sweet) that launch what look like giant fiery rocks.
Okay, I'm correcting myself. Upon further inspection, these aren't trebuchets. It does look like it uses counter-weight somehwat, but also it uses rubber bands to propel it.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Duke_Dave wrote:These set are really good. Yes I mean that. they are good sets. The only problems I have are:
1. only 2 oct.sheilds I like these and hoped the would be back.(don't get me wrong I do like the older style sheild it's just I liked the new ones too.)
2. All the horses are White except for one,and it's black.(come on Lego, did you forget how to make Brown horses? At least make some Brown ones Paint ones would also be nice. :wink: )

Dave
They didn't forget how to make brown horses, they changed the color! I don't think you'll be happy with reddish brown horses....
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I think reddish-brown horses would be cool.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Silent Arrow
Villein

Post by Silent Arrow »

8877 is a really good castle. However I think the designers should have cared a bit more for some details at the front part of it. The tower (at the gate) is not as impressive as the back parts of the castle.

The combination of black, gray and brown colors is amazing........

The most beautiful thing in the new collection is the figures. The 'scorpion' - 'shadow' knights are simply perfect. Especially the design of their helmets is awesome. They remind me of the helmets which were used during the Roman ages. Good work.........
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

The most beautiful thing in the new collection is the figures. The 'scorpion' - 'shadow' knights are simply perfect. Especially the design of their helmets is awesome.
Plus, there are so many of them, they've become good generic figs.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Redaxe wrote:
Duke_Dave wrote:These set are really good. Yes I mean that. they are good sets. The only problems I have are:
1. only 2 oct.sheilds I like these and hoped the would be back.(don't get me wrong I do like the older style sheild it's just I liked the new ones too.)
2. All the horses are White except for one,and it's black.(come on Lego, did you forget how to make Brown horses? At least make some Brown ones Paint ones would also be nice. :wink: )

Dave
They didn't forget how to make brown horses, they changed the color! I don't think you'll be happy with reddish brown horses....
Why Not? Redish brown horses are realistic. :wink: I just want other colors besides White and Black or at least more than 1 black horse. Oh well, just a small technicality.

Dave
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Brown horses = Gong Farmer's friend? We sure aren't getting any...

The castle is much better then the old ones, but I still think it has too many arches and pillers and not enough "solidness."

8876 reminds me plesantly of Mordorish-building style, that little Archer's Perch on top is especially nice. That portcullis is also more innovative than most little movable parts in the sets. Does that shadow knight have a black KK2 sword?

8873 has a rubber band on that saw thingy. What does it do?? it looks like the saw blade moves...

And...

NO MORE SQUIGGLES ON THE ARMOR!

All the knights have their symbol emblazoned there instead! YES!

I also noticed this... Last year, they made all the sets for the good guys and only one for the baddies. This year, everything is Vladek's equiptment. If KK2 continues next year, what will they make?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Commander Redbeard wrote: I also noticed this... Last year, they made all the sets for the good guys and only one for the baddies. This year, everything is Vladek's equiptment. If KK2 continues next year, what will they make?
Maybe stuff for the rougue knights and gargoyles maybe?

Dave
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Hmm, thats a lot better, but still not as good as it used to be. I'm impressed that they've created a castle thats not on a raised baseplate and got rid of the large paper shields. (i hope).

The best piece I see on this whole thing is the red thing on the horses head and it appears to come with a smaller set. So I will probably get that one.

I'm a little sad that everyone gets to ride a horse except the purple knight. I thought he was supposed to be the smart one. If he's so smart how come he doesn't have a horse?!?!?!
It's a Christmas Miracle!